ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Maintenance Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareshah
Newly Registered

Post by shareshah » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:23 pm

I would be very grateful if you could guide me on the following. I am currently working in UK on the HSMP and am about to apply for an extension under the tier 1 Migrant (General) category.
I have been in the UK for the past 3 years. Under the 'Maintenance' requirements, i am required to submit proof of having £2399 in my bank a/c ( £533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) for the last 3 months (i have 3 dependants-wife and 2 children below 6 yrs). I am the main applicant and i have only £900 in my bank a/c but my wife has £1900 in her a/c.
1. Can i submit my wife's and my bank statements together so they total upto £2399 or above?
2. Can my 2 children funds requirement be satisfied by my wife's bank a/c balance?
Alternatively, i have funds in my Company bank a/c of which me and my wife are the only shareholders. I have enough balance in that a/c but the a/c is in company name. will that a/c qualify for all my dependants?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Maintenance Requirement

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:31 pm

shareshah wrote:I would be very grateful if you could guide me on the following. I am currently working in UK on the HSMP and am about to apply for an extension under the tier 1 Migrant (General) category.
I have been in the UK for the past 3 years. Under the 'Maintenance' requirements, i am required to submit proof of having £2399 in my bank a/c ( £533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) for the last 3 months (i have 3 dependants-wife and 2 children below 6 yrs). I am the main applicant and i have only £900 in my bank a/c but my wife has £1900 in her a/c.

1. Can i submit my wife's and my bank statements together so they total upto £2399 or above?
If it is a joint account then you can submit for your and dependent´s application. If it is only her account, then you cannot use it for your application.

2. Can my 2 children funds requirement be satisfied by my wife's bank a/c balance?
Yes. Please see below:
Evidence for applications made under Tiers 1, 2 and 5
87. The documents required by appendix E of the immigration rules are specified below.
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application. The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• transactions covering the three-month period;
• that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must not fall below £533 or £1600, as above, at any time during the three-month period).
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf page 12 of 18.

Alternatively, i have funds in my Company bank a/c of which me and my wife are the only shareholders. I have enough balance in that a/c but the a/c is in company name. will that a/c qualify for all my dependants?
83. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf page 12 of 18.

shareshah
Newly Registered

Post by shareshah » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:45 pm

mvent, thanks a lot for the superquick response.

Although you have answered my question but i just need to re-confirm if you don't mind please. Let me put the question another way.
I am the main applicant and i have only £900 in my bank a/c but my wife has £1900 in her a/c. So, i plan to use my bank a/c for my application and my wife's bank a/c for herself and our children(533 x 3 = 1599).
I suppose you are saying that this is allowed.Am i right?

If not, then can i show funds from my personal Bank a/c in India which had sufficient balance for me and my dependants for the last 3 months.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:51 pm

shareshah wrote:mvent, thanks a lot for the superquick response.

Although you have answered my question but i just need to re-confirm if you don't mind please. Let me put the question another way.
I am the main applicant and i have only £900 in my bank a/c but my wife has £1900 in her a/c. So, i plan to use my bank a/c for my application and my wife's bank a/c for herself and our children(533 x 3 = 1599).

If not, then can i show funds from my personal Bank a/c in India which had sufficient balance for me and my dependants for the last 3 months.
Sorry for butting..

Yes you can use your account for yourselves and ur wife's account can be used for her and dependents...

other thing is if you have Funds covering for you and all your dependents in 1 or more bank accounts in and outside UK with you as main account holder or joint account holder.. then those accounts can also be used..

you have 2options now.. u can go with any 1 of those...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:05 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

Sorry for butting..

Yes you can use your account for yourselves and ur wife's account can be used for her and dependents...

other thing is if you have Funds covering for you and all your dependents in 1 or more bank accounts in and outside UK with you as main account holder or joint account holder.. then those accounts can also be used..

you have 2options now.. u can go with any 1 of those...
Thank you Ramesh for your input, I would go for options available in UK, to make the life of case worker easy.
Last edited by mvent00 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shareshah
Newly Registered

Post by shareshah » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 pm

Dear tvn_ramesh, thanks a lot for that. You guys are marvelous.

Your statement about the Non-Uk bank a/c - Did you take this statement out of some official guidance document or are you saying this because the official document does not mention anything about the Bank a/c (for maintenance) being a UK or Non-Uk a/c?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I am the main applicant and i have only £900 in my bank a/c but my wife has £1900 in her a/c. So, i plan to use my bank a/c for my application and my wife's bank a/c for herself and our children(533 x 3 = 1599). I suppose you are saying that this is allowed. Am i right? YES

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:56 pm

mvent00 wrote:
Thank you Ramesh for your input, I would go for options available in UK, to make the life of case worker easy.
Agree with you mvent00..

its better to go with the UK bank as HO is well versed with these banks and easy for them to contact if required..

@shareshah...

I mentioned about the banks outside UK out of experience but i think it is also mentioned in the rules.. hmmm will dig it out and get back to you sometime.. but as mentioned above u will be better off going with ur option 1... UK bank accounts of urs and ur spouse..

shareshah
Newly Registered

Post by shareshah » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks a lot for your guidance ramesh and mvent.

shareshah
Newly Registered

Post by shareshah » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi seniors, just one last question....

I have just received my bank statement for sept and discovered that on one day my balance dipped below £800.....i was shattered. But then i remembered that i have £3300 in a Cash ISA(Individual Savings A/c) with Egg.com. Egg Banking plc is regulated by the FSA. Can i submit this as evidence for me and my dependants...do you think? Is this same as a savings a/c?

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 pm

shareshah wrote:Hi seniors, just one last question....

I have just received my bank statement for sept and discovered that on one day my balance dipped below £800.....i was shattered. But then i remembered that i have £3300 in a Cash ISA(Individual Savings A/c) with Egg.com. Egg Banking plc is regulated by the FSA. Can i submit this as evidence for me and my dependants...do you think? Is this same as a savings a/c?
I hope someone who has submitted a Cash ISA will confirm, but the guidance notes say that the savings need to be in cash not bonds, however Cash ISA is by name a cash account. So logically it is acceptable, but still please wait for someone who has experienced it to reply.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
What the documents must show
If you are applying from within the United Kingdom, the balance must show that you have had at least £800 in your account at all times over the three-month period.

If you are applying from outside the United Kingdom, the balance must show that you have had at least £2,800 in your account at all times over the three-month period.

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments for example, shares, bonds and pension funds, regardless of notice are not acceptable.

If you wish to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, you must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.

For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.