ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mourad

sharmarina

Post by mourad » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:01 pm

sharmarina
sorry for your loss all my thoughts are with you and your familly in this terrible time

sharmarina

Post by sharmarina » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks to all of you guys, for support and kind words, means a lot to me!
Kuka, any progress at all? I was quite sure that your case will be solved before mine, as it's with caseworker for a while now... Anyway , I am sure it is your turn now, to finaly get it!
As per new applications - looks like they are improving (according to this thread, as well) and even opened new department where all new applications sent, so there shouldn't be any more backlogs... So, newbies- do not panic, you probably won't be affected by rediculously long waiting period!
Any advice, help needed- glad to help as much as I can.
P.S.- this forum was my Number 1 help and source of info, thank you all! especially thanks a lot to Aussiegirl for all the advice she posted here!

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:40 pm

sharmarina wrote:Thanks to all of you guys, for support and kind words, means a lot to me!
Kuka, any progress at all? I was quite sure that your case will be solved before mine, as it's with caseworker for a while now... Anyway , I am sure it is your turn now, to finaly get it!
As per new applications - looks like they are improving (according to this thread, as well) and even opened new department where all new applications sent, so there shouldn't be any more backlogs... So, newbies- do not panic, you probably won't be affected by rediculously long waiting period!
Any advice, help needed- glad to help as much as I can.
P.S.- this forum was my Number 1 help and source of info, thank you all! especially thanks a lot to Aussiegirl for all the advice she posted here!
NO, Sharmarina, so far no progress! :cry: but i keep calling and writing, faxing etc to them. It's been a really long time since they contacted me last time! But hope before christmas everyhting wll be resolved! fingers crossed!
But really happy for you, at least now both of you now are free birds! Thank you a lot for your support and advices! Take care! x

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:09 pm

HQZ wrote:HELLO ALL
IS THE EEA2 APPLICABLE IF MY WIFE IS BRITISH?
ANYBODY IN THE SAME SITUATION?
THANKS
Sorry, just came across this..

You CAN apply if your 'sponsor' is a UK Citizen - IF they have exercised their treaty rights and legally resided in a third EU nation for six months or more.

I am British and my non-EU family members are in the UK on EEA Family permits - I lived in a third EU country for several years.

We are applying for residency for them on EEA2 now

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:12 pm

HQZ wrote:HELLO

IM ON MY WAY TO APPLY FOR THE EEA2.
IM CHILEAN AND MY WIFE IS BRITISH. WE WERE LIVING IN GERMANY LAST YEAR AND I GOT THE EEA FAMILY MEMBER VISA TO COME TO THE U.K, HOWEVER THIS VISA IS FOR 6 MONTHS.
SOME DOUBTS I CANT GET AN ANSWER FOR ( I HAVE READ ALREADY ALL THE INFO BUT I AM STILL WONDERING ABOUT) :

1.CAN I APPLY FOR THIS RESIDENCE CARD?

2.THEY ASK FOR MY WIFE´S EMPLOYER LETTER/CONTRACT, AND OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, WHICH WE HAVE BUT, SHOULD I INCLUDE EXTRA INFORMATION OTHER THAN THAT?

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

REGARDS
YES, you can apply for a RC on EEA2 with your wife as your sponsor.. just be sure to point out in a covering letter that she wishes to exercise her EU treaty rights, and sent all info as requested on EEA2 application form.

msmoby_ru

Re: EEA2

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:15 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:No, applications for spouse of British Citizen go through a different system. EEA2 only apply to spouse of EU immigrants in the UK.

Cheers, Eric

You are dishing out incorrect info :(

I am a Brit and my family came here on EEA FP visas and we have applied for RC using EEA2.. the criteria is that the UK citizen has to be treated like any other EU citizen applying - if they have resided in a third EU nation for six months or more.

Sabby_00
Newly Registered

Requesting Passport Back BeforeReceiving COA?

Post by Sabby_00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:33 am

I'm hoping somebody can help me. Does anybody know if I can request my passport back before I've received my Certificate of Application, and if so will this in any way affect my ability to work?

My Story:

I'm a Canadian citizen currently in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa. Under the terms of my Visa, I am able to work for twelve months.Tomorrow marks twelve months since I've been employed in the uk, and so I will be unemployed beginning next week.

Three weeks ago, I married my French National husband here in London. I shortly thereafter submitted the EEA2 form, which was received by the Liverpool office on September 28th, 2009.

I am now waiting for my COA, which will allow me to work in the UK. My current employer has kindly agreed to wait a couple of months while I await this document, and has promised that my job will be waiting once I receive the certificate.

My issue is that my grandfather is very ill, and I would like to visit him in Canada before he passes away. I figure since I'll be off work for a few weeks, it will be a good opportunity for me to visit him. It's no problem for me to travel on my current Visa, since it only expires in a year. However, the Liverpool office has my passport. I know I can request it back, but do you know if I can do so before I've received my COA? Also, if I do ask for my passport back, will it in any way affect my ability to work?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sabby

kuka

Re: Requesting Passport Back BeforeReceiving COA?

Post by kuka » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Sabby_00 wrote:I'm hoping somebody can help me. Does anybody know if I can request my passport back before I've received my Certificate of Application, and if so will this in any way affect my ability to work?

My Story:

I'm a Canadian citizen currently in the UK on a Working Holiday Visa. Under the terms of my Visa, I am able to work for twelve months.Tomorrow marks twelve months since I've been employed in the uk, and so I will be unemployed beginning next week.

Three weeks ago, I married my French National husband here in London. I shortly thereafter submitted the EEA2 form, which was received by the Liverpool office on September 28th, 2009.

I am now waiting for my COA, which will allow me to work in the UK. My current employer has kindly agreed to wait a couple of months while I await this document, and has promised that my job will be waiting once I receive the certificate.

My issue is that my grandfather is very ill, and I would like to visit him in Canada before he passes away. I figure since I'll be off work for a few weeks, it will be a good opportunity for me to visit him. It's no problem for me to travel on my current Visa, since it only expires in a year. However, the Liverpool office has my passport. I know I can request it back, but do you know if I can do so before I've received my COA? Also, if I do ask for my passport back, will it in any way affect my ability to work?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sabby
Sabby_00, I'm not sure whether it will affect or not your ability to work, but I think it shouldn't be a problem to request your passport back. However when I requested my passport back it took them nearly 2 weeks to send it to me! And because you don't have your COA yet, it might be difficult for them to track your application and might take some time.

Sabby_00
Newly Registered

Post by Sabby_00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Thanks for the reply, kuka. I was afraid of that!

kuka

Post by kuka » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Sabby_00 wrote:Thanks for the reply, kuka. I was afraid of that!
Maybe it worth to give them a call and ask about your situation!?

Sabby_00
Newly Registered

Post by Sabby_00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:53 pm

Kuka - I did call. They told tell me I can request my passport back with no issues, but I'm not sure I actually believe them. I was hoping somebody who's "been there, done that" could shed more light on my situation.

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:57 pm

After writing about 15 complain letters btw Jan 2009- August 2009, this is what i received from the Home office, has any one received the same? My application is 17months old.

I am writing in response to your letter regarding your application for residence in the
United Kingdom. Your letter has been forwarded to me by the North West Customer
Service Unit. I am sorry for the delay in replying.

I apologise for the delay in dealing with your application which was submitted on date
and is currently assigned to the relevant casework team.

Unfortunately operational constraints and the high number of applications received
by the UK Border Agency has resulted in a delay in determining cases such as that
of yours We are taking measures to address such issues, with the recruitment and
training of additional staff.

Upon review of your application, I can now confirm however that your case will be
allocated to a caseworker for consideration to commence.

I cannot give a precise date as to when you will receive a decision on your
application, but we will look to complete our consideration as soon as we can. Please
be assured that we will write to you as soon as a decision has been reached.
Yours sincerely

Roz Armstrong
Economic and Family Migration.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

@Mark2009

Its pathetic to know that you've been waiting this long.
Apart from sending complaints to H.O,Have you tried to contact your MP and(or) Solvit?

Well I received the same type of Apology letter from HO some weeks ago but since then nothing.I've been waiting for more than 9months now. :(

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

@Mark2009

Its pathetic to know that you've been waiting this long.
Apart from sending complaints to H.O,Have you tried to contact your MP and(or) Solvit?

Well I received the same type of Apology letter from HO some weeks ago but since then nothing.I've been waiting for more than 9months now. :(

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 pm

I did complain to solvit, but solvit said they have closed my case as "unresolved", they weren't helpful at all. And my MP contacted the HO too.
My case has been with the casework team since June, but this apology letter states it will now be allocated to a caseworker for consideration to commence.........After 17months, i hope i don't have to wait longer.

Did you receive the same type of apology with the same content? when did you receive yours?

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Mark,
Yes I did receive the same type of letter once (July) and was later sent another requesting for extra documents.
I've since sent the documents in August but still waiting.
So has your MP given up as well? :(

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Yes, I'm affraid you ar not the only one to receive this kind of apology letters! I have received this letter in Agust, but nothing happend since! :(

mark2009
Newly Registered

Post by mark2009 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Wow, really...since august, and nothing has happened.
Seems like this awful experience is still way ahead.

I don't think we have any option than to wait. I wrote about 15-20 complain letters and still nothing has happened....the best i had was the apology letter.

My MP is useless, i haven't heard from her after she wrote the Home Office and that was March 09.

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Yea More like my MP, Pretty useless. Albeit he contacted HO and replied me same day, However it was a useless response that I could have gotten on my own as well.
There's nothing else we can do other than to wait. I was told however that all backlogs will be cleared before December. :roll:

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:33 pm

mark2009 wrote:Wow, really...since august, and nothing has happened.
Seems like this awful experience is still way ahead.

I don't think we have any option than to wait. I wrote about 15-20 complain letters and still nothing has happened....the best i had was the apology letter.

My MP is useless, i haven't heard from her after she wrote the Home Office and that was March 09.
Yes, Mark2009, it is hopeless, and that way everything working there far from ideal :(

MP was not much a help fot me either, he wrote to HO, and then replied that they have a backlog of applications ans we have to wait! :(
Have not tried contact Solvit, but doubt they'll do something about it.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 am

We have also written to all the complaint departments available to us. Our MP just wrote back to us yesterday with the same response as everyone - backlog, move to Liverpool blah blah blah with an attached standard response.

Having said that, the MP's letter confirmed that requesting your passports back for travel DOES NOT delay or affect the EEA2 application submitted. However, if you do not have visa to come back to the UK, you need to apply for the family visa in your home country.

Our EEA2 application has been in consideration since February 2009! It is getting a little ridiculous!

kuka

Post by kuka » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Sarah T wrote:We have also written to all the complaint departments available to us. Our MP just wrote back to us yesterday with the same response as everyone - backlog, move to Liverpool blah blah blah with an attached standard response.

Having said that, the MP's letter confirmed that requesting your passports back for travel DOES NOT delay or affect the EEA2 application submitted. However, if you do not have visa to come back to the UK, you need to apply for the family visa in your home country.

Our EEA2 application has been in consideration since February 2009! It is getting a little ridiculous!
Yea, all these letters pretty much standardised letters :)
Oh well, Sarah T, what can I say if we are waiting from November 2008, it is more than rediculous!

SAJJ
Newly Registered

EEA 2 MUCH WAIT

Post by SAJJ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:28 pm

It`s getting unbearable now. The worst part is that we can`t do anything other than to wait, wait and wait. Everytime you call them, UNDER CONSIDERATION is the only answer and we have got no TIMEFRAME, as soon as your case gets decided, we`ll let you know, BUT WHEN ? ? ?

For heaven`s sake why they don`t tell us how long does it take more weeks, months or years ?

Going these forums, it seems that some people got it in less than a week and for some it took more than two years, so how do they decide ? I think they just close there eyes and pick any case, no matter when they applied ?

We all know that under EUROPEANS LAWS they have to decide in SIX MONTHS time, but when you remind them they tell that they`ve got a backlog blah blah blah but they are CLEARLY BREAKING THE RULES. I wonder what happens if the HOME OFFICE catches someone who has exceeded his stay and is living here illegaly, can he tell them because of his personal problems he couldn`t get his visa extended, so what will they say ? ? ? ?

Sorry guys for getting carried away, it`s just getting toooooo much.
Last edited by SAJJ on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Have you considered actually contacting the European Bodies? Send the HO a letter by registered post with a copy to the European Commission and make sure you mention on your letter all recipients.

I recently wrote to my MP about matters relating to the EU and I made sure a copy went to the pertinent department at the European Commission and another to the European Parliament.
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:48 pm

A friend of mine applied 19 months ago and he got this week...