ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i report illegal working in the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Wanderer wrote:One should read Mein Kampf, who saved the World from that?

Those times it was dog eat dog, I feel no need to apologise for it, that was then and now is now. I could argue that the UK was so class ridden then it was only the top 1% of society that did those things in the colonial world, the rest were like me, from the bottom of the pile and just as subjugated, just taking orders.

Every dog has it's day, and what made Britain great back then was natural selection, before that, the Roman Empire, now the USA, tmrw who knows, Chinese probably.

What happened in the past is then, and anything that is entitled '..untold story..' usually means 'never happened...'
Very well put.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Last edited by Obie on Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Winston Churchill wrote:
I have not become the King’s First Minister in order to preside over the liquidation of the British Empire.

Source: Speech in London, November 10, 1942
I think Winston Churchill was certainly elected by the British People. If he wasn't serving their interest, they could have got rid of him. It was not the 1% upper class that voted him, or am i missing something.

Also one has to remember, when your cozy German friend, was seeking to extinct you presence, which could have led to the death of you parents and possibly grand parents, it was the subjects in the empire from Asia and Africa that saved the lives of your parents and grand parents, at the expense of their lives, for a nation , whose citizens could not stand the presence of their offspring.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Obie wrote:
Winston Churchill wrote:
I have not become the King’s First Minister in order to preside over the liquidation of the British Empire.

I think Winston Churchill was certainly elected by the British People. If he wasn't serving their interest, they could have got rid of him. It was not the 1% upper class that voted him, or am i missing something.

Also one has to remember, when your cozy German friend, was seeking to extinct you presence, which could have led to the death of you parents and possibly grand parents, it was the subjects in the empire from Asia and Africa that saved the lives of your parents and grand parents, at the expense of their lives, for a nation , whose citizens could not stand the presence of their offspring.
Churchill was also voted out by the British people. Maybe there was a reason for that...?

And had they not served in the army then they'd all be speaking German by now, that's assuming of course that non-whites fitted in with Hitler's vision of the perfect race, which i don't think they do.

It's all good and well saying that they served in the British army, but seriously if they didn't then they'd most likely have been killed off by Hitler and his allies.

Also forgetting that no actual Brits actually fought in WWII either, perhaps they might've saved some lives too or is that a stretch too far?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Obie wrote:whose citizens could not stand the presence of their offspring.

Past tense being the most important part of that statement.

What would you have me and my generation do to make this up to you? Everyone that comes to the UK has equal rights, is heavily protected by the law and under the right circumstances has access to public funds put in place by a competent government (...to an extent).

ALL of our grandparents and parents fought for that freedom and crushed the Nazis and made this country what it is now. I for one and happy and proud of all of them African, Asian, British, Polish etc: alike and would love to keep moving forwards in this free country that they provided!

If the past had not happend in the exact manner it had then none of us would be here to discuss it and so doing so is kind of a paradox in itself!

:shock:

massatuf
Newly Registered

Post by massatuf » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Vanadil wrote:
Very well put.
Just one more question to the originator of this thread, I find it highly suspicious that this illegal is going around showing off his fake docs. I strongly feel this person has given you this information in confidence. If this person is a friend or someone who has trusted you, you must be feeling very bad about selling them out. Listen to your conscience and do not do it.

Since when do people ask for advise on where to find a police station. Try crimestoppers website and if you ever do it let us know how it makes you feel.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Obie wrote:
Winston Churchill wrote:

I don't think he was voted in, I could be wrong but wasn't a coalition government created by the King?

Anyway, no matter.

Re WW2, India suffered some military deaths but I can't see any African military deaths in the figures unless they are in the 'other' section.

I think we got more help from anti-British neutral Eire...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Obie wrote:
Winston Churchill wrote:

I don't think he was voted in, I could be wrong but wasn't a coalition government created by the King?

Anyway, no matter.

Re WW2, India suffered some military deaths but I can't see any African military deaths in the figures unless they are in the 'other' section.

Yes you're correct in that Churchill wasn't voted in. He was made PM after Chamberlain resigned in 1940, having been asked by Georgie VI following a meeting between Chamberlain, Churchill, Halifax (who turned it down before it was offered to Churchill) and the chief whip. Unless of course he's referring to Churchill being elected in the 1950s...WWII was over by then.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:44 pm

meats wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Obie wrote:
Winston Churchill wrote:

Anyway, no matter.

Yes you're correct in that Churchill wasn't voted in. He was made PM after Chamberlain resigned in 1940, having been asked by Georgie VI following a meeting between Chamberlain, Churchill, Halifax (who turned it down before it was offered to Churchill) and the chief whip. Unless of course he's referring to Churchill being elected in the 1950s...WWII was over by then.
Could you imagine the Shi'ites and the Sunni's pulling together like that - I think not....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:40 pm

The fact remains that Churchills was a British elected official, and not a dictator, and his victory in the 50s election, is an indication of widespread support for his policies, which includes the empire.

Wanderer, i don't blame you for thinking African and Asian didn't contribute to World War two, or helped in the defeat of Japan and Italy's control of East African territories, or provide material support, in the form of food and man power and logistical support to the allied forces.

I wasn't thought that through out my time in British Schools, and my teacher was upset and deeply troubled when i did a presentation for my GCSE on this topic several years ago. Therefore i will not blame you for thinking so.

I will try not to deviate from the main topic, and reaffirm my position, that these immigrant are not criminals, there taxes help contribute to the Tax system, from which the unskilled brits benefit, due to their reluctance to do those jobs.

UK is a country with the highest teenage pregnancy population in Europe, with high school drop out rate. Without these immigrants, how would the government pay child benefits, income support and housing benefits to these young mother, and able bodied citizens with no ambition to improve their skills, without the immigrant doing these donkey job, for substandard wages.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Obie wrote:
UK is a country with the highest teenage pregnancy population in Europe, with high school drop out rate. Without these immigrants, how would the government pay child benefits, income support and housing benefits to these young mother, and able bodied citizens with no ambition to improve their skills, without the immigrant doing these donkey job, for substandard wages.
Have a look at some of the people who drop out of school, a lot of them are from an immigrant background. You mean, with the illegal immigrants who work cash in hand and don't pay tax, how will benefits be paid out? They won't because they don't pay tax. An illegal is an illegal and should be reported no matter what race or nationality they are. How do you know that no Brit would do their job? How do you even know what job they're doing? It's complete and utter rubbish that Brits don't do low paid jobs. Some will refuse to do them yes but they are the minority. It's like in India where there are disputes over caste and how people won't work with people in a lower caste than themselves.

Also remember that there are immigrants living off of benefits, housing benefits, child benefits etc, it is NOT solely British citizens living off of them.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Somebody said illegals are taken job British people suppose to do, i dont agree with that and i think that s sounds Nonsensical. Have anybody ever ask the jobless informant that want to report the guy, What kind of transactions occured between them? "There s no Smoke without a Fire" It could be reporting the guy out of jealousy or hatred. Although i dont condone the act of breaking the laws in any way. Whatever we do either Good or Bad Shall surely come back.*NEMESIS*

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:27 pm

El shaddai wrote:Somebody said illegals are taken job British people suppose to do, i dont agree with that and i think that s sounds Nonsensical. Have anybody ever ask the jobless informant that want to report the guy, What kind of transactions occured between them? "There s no Smoke without a Fire" It could be reporting the guy out of jealousy or hatred. Although i dont condone the act of breaking the laws in any way. Whatever we do either Good or Bad Shall surely come back.*NEMESIS*
Whether it's out of hatred or not, he's reporting someone who is here illegally and has broken the laws of the country.

If we were in a boom period then you *might* have a point about an illegal doing a job that a legal person wouldn't, but right now people will do anything to get some money coming in again. How would you feel if you went for a job but an illegal immigrant was doing it instead of you because he will do it for less money?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Long story short 'If you are digging some one else's grave you might fall in yourself.' Britain done a lot wrong in past but they have done a lot good in present.

For topic starter 'Think twice' before you do any thing.
KESH

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:58 pm

meats wrote: Have a look at some of the people who drop out of school, a lot of them are from an immigrant background.
Have you any proof to back this statement up. I know people from disadvantage background are highly likely, but there is not statistic that indicates, immigrant children are more likely than their British counterpart. I am open to be corrected, if i am wrong.

Obie
Ireland

Re: how do i report illegal working in the UK?

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 pm

mountainhigh wrote:Hi - I know of an individual who was working illegally earlier this year, before leaving the country. He plans to come back and resume his activities.

I have some documents of his (fake passport, work letters, bank letters) that would seem to implicate him in an offence against immigration law. What would be the best way to get these documents to the relevant authorities?
OP, digesting your original post, i think you possess evil, at an unprecedented scale.

For you to be in possession of these alleged forged documents, the owner would have trusted and confided in you.

I am in no way condoling illegal act.

I think the last thing i will do to someone who trusted me, i land them in jail.

There are options, such as advising him to dispose of those documents, or advising him to reconsider his options, rather than reporting him to the immigration Authorities and Police. This is well beyond grassing and i find it astounding indeed. It is quite a despicable act.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Obie wrote:
meats wrote: Have a look at some of the people who drop out of school, a lot of them are from an immigrant background.
Have you any proof to back this statement up. I know people from disadvantage background are highly likely, but there is not statistic that indicates, immigrant children are more likely than their British counterpart. I am open to be corrected, if i am wrong.
Have you got a stat to prove that all school dropouts are of British origin?

taliska

Post by taliska » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Obie wrote:
Hi just saying can the content of this thread is starting to get a little bit heated and meats you should not cast those sorts of remarks about immigrants as this is the slander you get in tabloids and out fo people who do not know facts. All individuals from poor underpriviledged backgrounds have higher rates of drop out and criminality which includes the majority british nationals who are British born both black white and every other colour under the sun. There are no facts to say that "immigrants" fall into this bracket as immigrant children often do very well at school and are successful (that is immigrants both black white and every colour under the sun lest we not forget that there are whit immigrants to). If you look at the many of the qualified individuals-doctors lawyers etc.. you may find they are many immigrants from all over the world even if some of them may be mistaken as white British if they are not black(remember a Russians, southafricans, polish etc.. are all immigrants but can be mistaken for white British people) So please stop lowering the tone of the forum. Thanks

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm

taliska wrote:
Hi just saying can the content of this thread is starting to get a little bit heated and meats you should not cast those sorts of remarks about immigrants as this is the slander you get in tabloids and out fo people who do not know facts. All individuals from poor underpriviledged backgrounds have higher rates of drop out and criminality which includes the majority british nationals who are British born both black white and every other colour under the sun. There are no facts to say that "immigrants" fall into this bracket as immigrant children often do very well at school and are successful (that is immigrants both black white and every colour under the sun lest we not forget that there are whit immigrants to). If you look at the many of the qualified individuals-doctors lawyers etc.. you may find they are many immigrants from all over the world even if some of them may be mistaken as white British if they are not black(remember a Russians, southafricans, polish etc.. are all immigrants but can be mistaken for white British people) So please stop lowering the tone of the forum. Thanks
I'm not denying that British kids drop out of school, however for you and others to imply that children of immigrants don't drop out of school is an outright lie. Just like the impression that some seem to have that all Brits claim some sort of benefit, wouldn't do jobs that some immigrants do etc etc. When you've been made redundant then you'd do any job that you can find if you've got a family to support, whether that person is an immigrant or not.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:16 pm

"THE EVILS THAT MEN DO LIVES AFTER THEM"

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:20 pm

"THERE IS NO PEACE FOR THE WICKED"

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Meats if you read this OFSTED 2007/2008 report on page 7 of the first PDF file, you would realise that attainment at school and performance is directly proportional to the Socio-Economic background of the child and how privilege their community is.

I can understand people being upset for loosing their jobs, and been frustrated with immigrant, but it is not the their fault. It is wholly wrong to blame and make them feel responsible.

The best thing is to try and get better rather than being bitter.

Only the UKBA and the immigrants, knows what the immigrant go through in the UK. There conditions is diabolical and continues to get worse everyday.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Obie wrote:Meats if you read this OFSTED 2007/2008 report on page 7 of the first PDF file, you would realise that attainment at school and performance is directly proportional to the Socio-Economic background of the child and how privilege their community is.

I can understand people being upset for loosing their jobs, and been frustrated with immigrant, but it is not the their fault. It is wholly wrong to blame and make them feel responsible.

The best thing is to try and get better rather than being bitter.

Only the UKBA and the immigrants, knows what the immigrant go through in the UK. There conditions is diabolical and continues to get worse everyday.
Obie, whilst it is generally accepted that a kid from a good part of town would do better than a kid in a bad part, that is not always the case. I also do not believe anything that OFSTED say as they are completely incompetent.

People are upset at losing their jobs but they're not blaming immigrants. Lots of people, immigrants included are being made redundant for one reason or another. What annoys me is the impression on this forum that Brits seem to live on benefits and won't do a 'bad' job. If they've got a family to support then they'd do whatever job came their way. What annoys people about immigrants is when they undercut the local workforce, dragging wages down because an immigrant will do the same job for less but won't have the same level of expenses.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:13 pm

And the war of words/opinions rages on.... :roll:
Funny how the one who set the cat amongst the pigeons (OP) hasn't said another word since.
IMHO, more than enough views have been expressed over the issue and I'm sure you guys have given the OP enough food for thought.
People, agree to disagree!
Perhaps it is time to put the matter to rest and move on?.....8)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm

Well said Rozen. Thank God for women :lol: