ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General questions about JA National & Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

General questions about JA National & Spouse visa

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Im getting married to my fiance of 7 months in December. He is a Jamaican National and i am British ...

We have spoken extensively about how we want to continue with married life, i.e him coming here or me going there. I plan to apply for him to come here but currently im not working as ive just finished a degree so will my lack of income pose an issue?

Also, i am aware of how difficult it can be for JA nationals to obtain visas for the UK; he works but with his cousin so it isnt 'official', just paid an amount weekly so not having official salary info or saving be looked on negatively?

He didnt complete secondary education due fianancial hardship when younger but he has several relatives here who could assist him with work as a barber, painter & decorater, etc, would it be worth mentioning this?

Another point, the bulk of our contact has been via the internet; msn, yahoo, skype, facebook, myspace ... you name it! We speak daily in one way or another in the 7 months of the relationship. I can print out the msn, yahoo, skype scripts and other things online but will that be acceptable as showing the relationship to be genuine??

I am also considering going there to stay for awhile until he is successful with the application, i am currently looking for jobs to apply for and will hopefully get interviews or make personal contact with prospective employers when i go in Dec .... in the visa application would it be worth mentioning this?

We are very much in a genuine relationship and want to get married but i sometimes feel im having to pay closer attention to finer details in order for the embassy to believe us :cry:

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Have you met him before?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Yes ofcourse! There are pics from my last visit.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Yes ofcourse! There are pics from my last visit.
Ok, just asked because you gave the impression that you might not have met before and had only spoken online.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm

OK, Well the reason for most communication online is simply because its alot cheaper than using phone cards.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:45 pm

SoHopeful wrote:OK, Well the reason for most communication online is simply because its alot cheaper than using phone cards.
I agree. And yes i would provide printouts of your conversations on MSN, Skype etc. Provide photos as well. As to whether they'd believe that you're in a genuine relationship after 7 months is anyone's guess but it's up to you to prove that it's genuine so yes provide the online transcripts. If you've sent each other any letters, birthday cards etc then also show them and the envelopes if you've still got them.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:56 pm

Yes, i did think that they may look at that, which is why i am considering staying there for awhile. The reason it makes more sense for him coming here is mainly due to my career goals, i dont think i will get what im looking for jobwise there. The visa isnt a huge priority right this minute, but its hard being a family with the atlantic ocean between us!

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:00 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Yes, i did think that they may look at that, which is why i am considering staying there for awhile. The reason it makes more sense for him coming here is mainly due to my career goals, i dont think i will get what im looking for jobwise there. The visa isnt a huge priority right this minute, but its hard being a family with the atlantic ocean between us!
Tell me about it, i'm in a similar situation to you but instead of the Atlantic in the way i've got a great big land mass stretching in the opposite direction!

I'm guessing that you're both over 21.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:24 pm

LOL ok.

Yes, i am 25 in Dec and he is 23.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi,

I'm Jamaican my husband British. We lived together here (jamaica) for 7 years. He's now in London, I'm in Jamaica waiting to do my application.

It might be a little difficult to find a job here now (as with every where in the world) as people are being laid off. But where there's a will God will prevail. If you do decide to come anyway, get a work permit and see what happens......
Especially if the visa (UK) is not a priority right now, being together here in Ja will definately be an advantage for your future application. Just remember you have to be back in the UK and meet maintainance and accommodation requirements when the time comes.

Good Luck