ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier 1 - NO NI number

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:13 am

MSI GEEK wrote:
UK is and may always remain my LAST CHOICE. The attitude of many Brits makes one feel sick.
No one is forcing you to come here. I find it disgusting that you were even given an extension to your visa, but then again maybe you promised to vote for Labour next year?

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:36 am

MSI GEEK wrote:. The attitude of many Brits makes one feel sick.

The rest of UK may be better, but Londoners are very rude and unfriendly.
these two points are unfortunately true though a little rudely written.. Londoners are the most arrogant people out there

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:53 am

meats wrote:
MSI GEEK wrote:
UK is and may always remain my LAST CHOICE. The attitude of many Brits makes one feel sick.
No one is forcing you to come here. I find it disgusting that you were even given an extension to your visa, but then again maybe you promised to vote for Labour next year?
Sorry meats, While I quite dont agree with the rudeness of MSI, I also dont see logic in your analogy..

Whenever work visas are given to foreign nationals, most who apply are not aware of the subtle politics that are hidden(do I need to elaborate), which they experience after they enter UK. No one is aware of things like discrimination based on nationality. Hence they decide to apply for the visas based on a certain faith in the home office policies.

Hypothetically if the home office were to acknowledge that these politics are very much evident, no one would apply for a UK visa. So this thing of forcing or not forcing people to apply would hold some sense when people are actually made aware of the complete scenario of the discrimination and politics that happen that happens in UK.

In my personal experience I have worked both under UK ans US managers and I find the latter to be lot more friendlier, professional, less snobbish.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:
MSI GEEK wrote:
Sorry meats, While I quite dont agree with the rudeness of MSI, I also dont see logic in your analogy..

Whenever work visas are given to foreign nationals, most who apply are not aware of the subtle politics that are hidden(do I need to elaborate), which they experience after they enter UK. No one is aware of things like discrimination based on nationality. Hence they decide to apply for the visas based on a certain faith in the home office policies.

Hypothetically if the home office were to acknowledge that these politics are very much evident, no one would apply for a UK visa. So this thing of forcing or not forcing people to apply would hold some sense when people are actually made aware of the complete scenario of the discrimination and politics that happen that happens in UK.

In my personal experience I have worked both under UK ans US managers and I find the latter to be lot more friendlier, professional, less snobbish.
The only jobs where people are discriminated based on nationality are any jobs in places like MI5. Otherwise as long as the person has the right to work in the UK then they have to be considered by law. Having the relevant experience is something that UK citizens are also discriminated against, so it's a 2 way street in that regards.

The OP has blatantly said that he doesn't wish to be in the UK, yet he wants to extend (and has extended it) a visa that he has never used, or ever intends to use by the sounds of it. As such, why should his visa have been extended in the first place? His only contribution to the UK economy has been to pay the fee to have the visa extended.

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 pm

To Be honest mate I dont agree with things MSI GEEK says and i dont believe he even got the extension... but what i would say is...... VOTE FOR LABOUR is what all the immigrants should do....AS soon as its torries.... Its DOOMS day for immigration..... you know people just talk about Conservatives refuse the Citizenship propasal but do you ever wonder why. not that they favour immigrants the only thing they say is. and that is from HOP David Davis said that labour acted but its to little to late.... and the min period under probation citizenship should be 5 years not 1 and even after that no body has it as a right to be a citizen.... so point is Labour atleast are changing things but if you look at it Porbationary citizenship can be finished in 1 year (i am not saying its good thing cuz it can go up to 5) but then you still have chance atleast to make it to citizenship in the time you intially though i.e 6 years....

meats wrote:
MSI GEEK wrote:

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:25 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:
MSI GEEK wrote:

If you visit immigration forums of any other country like Canada,US,Aus,NZ you will always find some people with complains about respective country. That does not stop people moving to those country. It's up to individual to take decision. I wonder why people expect red carpet treatment in any country leave aside UK. It's immigrant who need to adjust , not host country.

Everybody has different experience.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm

meats wrote:
The only jobs where people are discriminated based on nationality are any jobs in places like MI5. Otherwise as long as the person has the right to work in the UK then they have to be considered by law. Having the relevant experience is something that UK citizens are also discriminated against, so it's a 2 way street in that regards.

The OP has blatantly said that he doesn't wish to be in the UK, yet he wants to extend (and has extended it) a visa that he has never used, or ever intends to use by the sounds of it. As such, why should his visa have been extended in the first place? His only contribution to the UK economy has been to pay the fee to have the visa extended.

for one, MI5 is not the only place, this exists most places but not evidently, hence the use of the word 'subtle'. Essentially what you are talking about is those jobs which require security clearance. If you have observed jobsites in UK, been in contact with agents anytime, you will know they mention in bold lettrs "SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED". So the hsmp guys wont even bother applying there. Here we are talking of all the jobs and the following experiences which does not require any such thing

Since no one denies job bluntly on your face based on your nationality, it is more of a hidden agenda. So, tha 'law' you talk about cannot do anything.

As I said, I dont support this MSI guy as well for his unwillingness and expectation for things to be served on a platter without him giving nothing in return to the economy..

No one expects a red carpet treatment, but what we expect is the country holds true to the policies its government has implemented(equal rights, people with HSMP considered for all jobs except those requiring security clearance, no discrimination). The same policies which have influenced people to come on visas and work. The immigrant can adjust to the host country but not to its untold negatives like discrimination, arrogance et al
Last edited by raghu0307 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:51 pm

raghu0307 wrote: for one, MI5 is not the only place, this exists most places but not evidently, hence the use of the word 'subtle'. Essentially what you are talking about is those jobs which require security clearance. If you have observed jobsites in UK, been in contact with agents anytime, you will know they mention in bold lettrs "SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED". So the hsmp guys wont even bother applying there. Here we are talking of all the jobs and the following experiences which does not require any such thing

Since no one denies job bluntly on your face based on your nationality, it is more of a hidden agenda. So, tha 'law' you talk about cannot do anything.

As I said, I dont support this MSI guy as well for his unwillingness and expectation for things to be served on a platter without him giving nothing in return to the economy..

No one expects a red carpet treatment, but what we expect is the country holds true to the policies its government has implemented(equal rights, people with HSMP considered for all jobs except those requiring security clearance, no discrimination). The same policies which have influenced people to come on visas and work.
And what sort of jobs have you come across that require security clearance? I've never come across any outside of the public sector, the closest being CRB checks.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

meats wrote:And what sort of jobs have you come across that require security clearance? I've never come across any outside of the public sector, the closest being CRB checks.
OK ... since you have asked... BAe for example is one company that requires SeC. Any firm dealing with defence projects requires the candidate to have SeC. even if it is a simple application support job Please visit jobserve, total jobs, reed sites and know more..

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:59 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:And what sort of jobs have you come across that require security clearance? I've never come across any outside of the public sector, the closest being CRB checks.
OK ... since you have asked... BAe for example is one company that requires SeC. Any firm dealing with defence projects requires the candidate to have SeC. even if it is a simple application support job Please visit jobserve, total jobs, reed sites and know more..
And why would a company potentially dealing with the security of the UK NOT ask for security clearance? They are dealing with potentially very dangerous equipment and should make sure that their employees aren't criminals etc. It is not only non-UK people going through security clearance as the Brits have to as well. Why should non-Brits be exempt from this?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:11 pm

raghu0307 wrote:No one expects a red carpet treatment, but what we expect is the country holds true to the policies its government has implemented(equal rights, people with HSMP considered for all jobs except those requiring security clearance, no discrimination). The same policies which have influenced people to come on visas and work. The immigrant can adjust to the host country but not to its untold negatives like discrimination, arrogance et al
Again, if there is such a discrimination, how are people able to have jobs ? majority of them good.

One cannot satisfy everbody. As I told earlier, you can find topics of same line on any other country's forum.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:21 pm

meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:
And why would a company potentially dealing with the security of the UK NOT ask for security clearance? They are dealing with potentially very dangerous equipment and should make sure that their employees aren't criminals etc. It is not only non-UK people going through security clearance as the Brits have to as well. Why should non-Brits be exempt from this?
Are you not getting what I am writing or are you making it up... I have clearly mentioned, these SeC required jobs are not the ones that is being discussed but the thousands of other jobs are what we are discussing. HSMP people do not bother to appply for SeC required jobs because most know they wont get it. It is those other jobs for which potential candidates are rejected ...... It is the discrimination for these jobs that are being seen as unethical.... Please dont ask again

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 pm

gotcha wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:No one expects a red carpet treatment, but what we expect is the country holds true to the policies its government has implemented(equal rights, people with HSMP considered for all jobs except those requiring security clearance, no discrimination). The same policies which have influenced people to come on visas and work. The immigrant can adjust to the host country but not to its untold negatives like discrimination, arrogance et al
Again, if there is such a discrimination, how are people able to have jobs ? majority of them good.

One cannot satisfy everbody. As I told earlier, you can find topics of same line on any other country's forum.
majority..do you have stats to support this claim..

Even in a crowd of 100 if 1 guy gets rejected based on discrimination, it is just plain wrong.unfortunately, it is not just one...

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:36 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:

Are you not getting what I am writing or are you making it up... I have clearly mentioned, these SeC required jobs are not the ones that is being discussed but the thousands of other jobs are what we are discussing. HSMP people do not bother to appply for SeC required jobs because most know they wont get it. It is those other jobs for which potential candidates are rejected ...... It is the discrimination for these jobs that are being seen as unethical.... Please dont ask again
I shall quote you raghu.

" No one is aware of things like discrimination based on nationality."

There is NO discrimination based on nationality except in high profile jobs such as MI5. If you can prove that you have been victimised based on your nationality then you can sue the company concerned.

"It is those other jobs for which potential candidates are rejected ...... It is the discrimination for these jobs that are being seen as unethical..."

Which jobs are these then? Jobs in finance, IT, engineering etc? If so then a lot of them are asking for x years of experience. If you don't have the experience then you are rejected because you don't have the experience. If i apply for an engineering job and i get rejected because i don't have any experience in engineering then have i been rejected because of my nationality?

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

I shall quote you raghu.
free world....
" No one is aware of things like discrimination based on nationality."
why are you generalising
There is NO discrimination based on nationality except in high profile jobs such as MI5. If you can prove that you have been victimised based on your nationality then you can sue the company concerned.
Are you from MI5... seems you are bringing this up on every comment as if this is the only company left asking foe SeC.. sueing is far fetched thing for an HSMP visa holder in UK insearch of better future and limited funds..
Which jobs are these then? Jobs in finance, IT, engineering etc? If so then a lot of them are asking for x years of experience. If you don't have the experience then you are rejected because you don't have the experience. If i apply for an engineering job and i get rejected because i don't have any experience in engineering then have i been rejected because of my nationality?
havent I mentioned 'potential' as in 'potential candidates'... which basically means all those guys having appropriate experience, qualifications, age,......please see my other post where I have pasted an e-mail excerpt from my friend...things would become more clear

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 pm

raghu, what jobs are people being discriminated in then? Please, do enlighten me seeing as you seem to know.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:30 pm

meats wrote:raghu, what jobs are people being discriminated in then? Please, do enlighten me seeing as you seem to know.
why dont you read my other post on page 1 of this forum.. it would enlighten you more.....please look carefully at the only thread started by me today... As I said you need to read carefully before asking..

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:32 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:raghu, what jobs are people being discriminated in then? Please, do enlighten me seeing as you seem to know.
why dont you read my other post on page 1 of this forum.. it would enlighten you more.....please look carefully at the only thread started by me today... As I said you need to read carefully before asking..
I already read your other post and you talk as much rubbish in that one as you are in this one. It seems that you just like to play the dearly beloved card because you didn't get a job for a previous application.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm

meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:
I already read your other post and you talk as much rubbish in that one as you are in this one. It seems that you just like to play the dearly beloved card because you didn't get a job for a previous application.
It as clearly shows your frustration as you seem to actually understand the point now to start sounding rude... well if you want an answer in your language listen here you lame idiot...I do not need to prove my credentials to you... And if you had any further sensibility and brains to go completely through my other post(which you havent obviously), you will see that I have asked guys to travel to UK but with complete prior knowledge..

If you want a harsher language , I am game for it... as this rubbish that you mouth in every pathetic comment of yours is sounding very evident that you are as empty in content as your comements...

...This is a forum where people can post their experiences and information.. If you actually want to make accusations and pass on sarcastic comments on my credentials that actually shows your class...If you have anything else that is useful put it in the forum...

Let me know if you want to turn this into an unpleaseant verbal barrage....in any language you desire....
Last edited by raghu0307 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:43 pm

raghu0307 wrote: It as clearly shows your frustration as you seem to actually understand the point now that you are actually sounding rude... well if you want an answer in your language listen here you lame idiot...I do not need to prove my credentials to you... And if you had any further sensibility and brains to go completely through my other post(which you havent obviously), you will see that I have asked guys to travel to UK but with complete prior knowledge..

If you want a harsher language , I am game for it... as this rubbish that you mouth in every pathetic comment of yours is sounding very evident that you are as empty in content as your comements...

Let me know if you want to turn this into an unpleaseant verbal barrage...
raghu, as i said you are talking rubbish just like you are in the other thread you mentioned.

I didn't ask you to prove your credentials to me, i couldn't careless whether you are a brickie, musician, engineer, wombat, astronaut etc.

I asked you to explain your discrimination by nationality comment that you made earlier. So far you have been unable to explain it. I can only guess that that is because you were rejected for a job and are playing the dearly beloved card. Maybe i should try that when i apply for a job asking for Polish speakers and claim that i am being discriminated against?

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 pm

meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote: It as clearly shows your frustration as you seem to actually understand the point now that you are actually sounding rude... well if you want an answer in your language listen here you lame idiot...I do not need to prove my credentials to you... And if you had any further sensibility and brains to go completely through my other post(which you havent obviously), you will see that I have asked guys to travel to UK but with complete prior knowledge..

Let me know if you want to turn this into an unpleaseant verbal barrage...
raghu, as i said you are talking rubbish just like you are in the other thread you mentioned.

I didn't ask you to prove your credentials to me, i couldn't careless whether you are a brickie, musician, engineer, wombat, astronaut etc.

I asked you to explain your discrimination by nationality comment that you made earlier. So far you have been unable to explain it. I can only guess that that is because you were rejected for a job and are playing the dearly beloved card. Maybe i should try that when i apply for a job asking for Polish speakers and claim that i am being discriminated against?

you need to think twice before you actually make such accusations or pass on such comments on other failures or successes.. It really doesnt speak highly of you rather speaks a lot about you......As far as explaining goes.. it is evident you HAVE NOT read that post.. If you have you will know the nationality basis for my comment...

and why are being so naive.. why do we need to prove our polish skills in an english speaking country for english jobs where we actually have proved our english language's knowledge...

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:53 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
you need to think twice before you actually make such accusations or pass on such comments on other failures or successes.. It really doesnt speak highly of you rather speaks a lot about you......As far as explaining goes.. it is evident you HAVE NOT read that post.. If you have you will know the nationality basis for my comment...

and why are being so naive.. why do we need to prove our polish skills in an english speaking country for english jobs where we actually have proved our english language's knowledge...
raghu, as i said i don't care how success or unsuccessful you are.

I have read your post, you speak rubbish in that post just like in this one. Is it too hard for you to explain how people are being discriminated against by their nationality?

As for the Polish comment, have a look at some of the jobs on reed.co.uk. Search for jobs in Reading. They're after Dutch speakers, Polish speakers etc.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm

meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:

I have read your post, you speak rubbish in that post just like in this one. Is it too hard for you to explain how people are being discriminated against by their nationality?

As for the Polish comment, have a look at some of the jobs on reed.co.uk. Search for jobs in Reading. They're after Dutch speakers, Polish speakers etc.

dont mouth rubbish in every comment of yours...It is quite clear more so that you have not read the post..... quit it..

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:59 pm

raghu0307 wrote:
meats wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:

dont mouth rubbish in every comment of yours...It is quite clear more so that you have not read the post..... quit it..
How are people being discriminated by nationality then?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 am

raghu0307 wrote:majority..do you have stats to support this claim..
I replying, as you have quoted me. I'm not here to prove anything, and I will not dig out any stats for you. This is my last post on this topic.

Back home, while searching my first job, in my own people, I use to always feel that, I'm being discriminated, because, I'm from this and this place or this and this college,or my communication skill. But, plain truth was, there were better candidates than me. I was too immature to realize that.