ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Layla
Newly Registered

Post by Layla » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:14 pm

they said only that they are not satisfied with proofs of our marriage that we meet in december 2008 and married in may 2009 and thats very short time..
... We gave them nikah pictures from UK, nikah certificate from UK,invitation letter and pictures from celebration in Pakistan.
What more to show them? We were living together in UK, then spent together one month holidays in Pakistan and that time he applied for visa and i came back to UK. How could we show some letters or emails if all the time before we applied we were together...

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi Layla,

That sounds ridiculous, And in that case i met my wife in feburary 2009 we got engaged, we took photos of the engagement, i kept in contact with her when i returned to Uk via letters. 6 weeks later i was back in Pakistan to get married.
We havent got a reply for my wifes visa app yet but the reasons they giving with the refusals doesnt give me much optimism.

All we can do is pray to Allah (SWT) to do the best for us
Regards,

Baz

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Layla i have only just joined this forum to say i am so sorry to hear you news iv been following for some time but never posted i know how happy you were when you status changed im sorry :cry:

Inshallah everything will work out soon

Post by 2036789 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:11 pm

very sorry to hear about the refusal layla, I cnt believe what they refused you on its pathetic. These ECO know anything about our culture people do get married in short space of time. my marraige was arranged in september and I got married in November and I only saw her through photos and speaking on the phone before the marraige.
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Batley Khan - as you have helped many people on this forum, in your view are they refusing because people are not preparing there documents correctly or is it becoming a quota system, where they can only grant a certain no. of visa's?
If you want my honest opinion, I think it is down to people not carefully planning and preparing their documents

All the ECO want is the smallest opportunity to refuse because he has some doubts over certain things.That is what they are doing and why so many people are getting cheesed of with them

I have read hundreds of post that have been refused, that would have been granted, if the applicant and their sponsor gave just a bit more thought to the matter.

I am in the process of writing a document which shows how one should go on about applying for visa, what documents to provide, what to do and what not to do when applying. As soon as I have finished it, I will post it for all you to read now that I have been promoted to a Moderator on this forum. I am sure it will help a lot of people here. Just keep looking out for it here.

BuCl
Newly Registered

Post by BuCl » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:12 pm

Aoa layla I regret on what happened to your case . Continue praying to Allah SWT. Hopefully you will get a better out come after appeal.

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Salaam Batley

That would be a great help esp for new applicants.

Lets just hope the people who have already applied have followed those rules.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Layla,

Sorry to hear about the refusal of your husbands visa. Dont worry, INSHALLAh every thing gona be ok.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:39 am

Hi,

Anyone who applied from the Karachi office heard a reply on there visa. My wife applied in late June and still no reply, nearly 15 weeks now. Just wndering what the response is like from Karachi office?
Regards,

Baz

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

The time is same for Pakistan irrespective of whether you apply from Karachi / Lahore / Islamabad / Mirpur.

The same guys in Abu Dhabi deals with all of them

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 am

I must add Baitley unl;ess its settlement visa which is handled n london right now all others in Abu Dhab
MM

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:33 am

Hi

Sorry,

Forgot to mention it is a settlement visa. I was just assuming, logically people who applied in Islamabad would get there visa quicker once a decision is made as the gerry's office is more local to BHC in comparison to Karachi.
Regards,

Baz

amaqsood
Newly Registered

Post by amaqsood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:36 am

Hi

My wife applied for settlement visa from ISL on 27th May 09. We are still waiting for visa and it's been over 19 weeks.

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:45 am

bazzy_1 wrote:Hi

Sorry,

Forgot to mention it is a settlement visa. I was just assuming, logically people who applied in Islamabad would get there visa quicker once a decision is made as the gerry's office is more local to BHC in comparison to Karachi.
Yes I have seen this in most cases but evry case is different, I have been waitingg 18 weeks applied 4th june at Islamabad VAC and still waiting
MM

amaqsood
Newly Registered

Post by amaqsood » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 am

Like lot of other people we also send enquirey e-mail to Abu Dhabi British Embassy thinking settlement visa is processed there. But they replied to us confirming that settlement visa's fromPakistan are not processed here. Following were their auto reply.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Reply - Visa Enquiryâ€

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... t-visa-ser

Looks promising. Keep fingers crossed they do what they say

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Batley Khan,

Do you rekon it is pointless emailling them, my wife application is coming to 15 weeks tomorrow. We did email UKHUB after the 12 weeks passed but still have not heard any reply.

Thanks for your help
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 am

hi bazzy

the key to getting a response out of them is to be persistant. When my hubbys 12 weeks passed i mailed them and had no response. After a week i mailed them twice a day 2 days in a row, by the third mail, i had a response. Unfortunately its was generic message that they send to everyone to be patient, i ahve sent mails since then but i still keep getting stupid replies, like contact the VAC, adndasked to be patient.

Give it a try, u may find out something useful :)

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:06 pm

sahdi wrote:hi bazzy

the key to getting a response out of them is to be persistant. When my hubbys 12 weeks passed i mailed them and had no response. After a week i mailed them twice a day 2 days in a row, by the third mail, i had a response. Unfortunately its was generic message that they send to everyone to be patient, i ahve sent mails since then but i still keep getting stupid replies, like contact the VAC, adndasked to be patient.

Give it a try, u may find out something useful :)
The last time i mailed them, they said they cannot discuss the application with me as i am not the applicant. So this time i have got my wife to setup an email address and email them. but she has had no reply
Regards,

Baz

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm

you are lucky yto geta reply I have e-mailed them 4 times over the past 4 months and still havent reply
MM

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:02 pm

I emailed UKHUB on 24 September as i submitted my passport on allowed appeal on 12 June 2009 at Karachi office. Yesterday i got this reply from them,

Dear Mr XXXX,

I have checked our system and this application is currently being held in a queue and will be assessed in due course.

Kind regards,

UKHUB Pakistan.

I m wondering that its been almost 4 months now and my passport is still waiting for its turn as i have only submitted my passport without any documents on allowed appeal and i dont think there is any verification left in my case, but its still taking time

Jjay
Newly Registered

:(

Post by Jjay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I emailed UKHUB today and recieved a reply after an hour outlined below:

A decision has been made on your wife's visa application, she will be contacted shortly through Gerry's international in due course.

your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

UKHUB Pakistan

so that probably means another month!!!

This wait is so fustrating

bazzy_1

Re: :(

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Jjay wrote:I emailed UKHUB today and recieved a reply after an hour outlined below:

A decision has been made on your wife's visa application, she will be contacted shortly through Gerry's international in due course.

your patience in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

UKHUB Pakistan

so that probably means another month!!!

This wait is so fustrating

Hi,

When did you apply and from what gerry's office
Regards,

Baz

Jjay
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:35 pm

I applied on 23rd June so over 15 weeks now

from Islamabad

I just hope its good news so many people seem to be getting rejected lately

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:31 pm

hi jjay

my husband applied one day before you, so i hope they've made a positive decision on his application