ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Latest BOC news anyone?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CatCityGal
Newly Registered

Latest BOC news anyone?

Post by CatCityGal » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Is there any latest update that anyone can post about BOC? It seems that there has not been any sort update since the marching.

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:28 am

Nope. Nothing going on that I'm aware of outside advice to individuals about their cases. But nothing more generally applicable.

Ben

CatCityGal
Newly Registered

Post by CatCityGal » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:58 pm

But I thought the marching is to request for a meeting with Mr. Woolas for a discussion on this issue. So does that mean Mr. Woolas turn down the meeting and just avoid the issue?

Btw, is there any invidual that has been successful? There hasn't been much post here so far...it was as if people are giving up.

ben_scaro

Post by ben_scaro » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:05 pm

A letter was sent to Woolas and the letter back from UKBA wasn't encouraging. I do not think Woolas wants a meeting.

The letter reiterated the AIT decision, which is now the law.

Other letters from the UKBA, sent to MPs representing their BOC constitutents have reiterated this too. They are usually signed off by Lin Homer, I've seen four so far.

They stipulate that the UKBA does not accept that the holder of a BOC passport has lost any claim he or she might have had to Malaysian citizenship unless the Malaysian authorities confirm that the person has been deprived of that status by order, or his or her renunciation of that status has been registered by the Malaysian authorities.

BOCs wishing to progress further would have to demonstrate that their renunciations had been registered by the Malaysian authorities. There is usually a stamp or sticker on the back of the person's birth certificate and a letter proving this.

Probably down the track, such BOCs would also need to demonstrate that they are not returnable, in order to gain discretionary leave. But that's another issue . . . one thing at a time.

Why would anyone be succeeding ? That was the point of the decision, to stop that happening. :?

Ben

c1mth0g

Post by c1mth0g » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Just saw this new posting on the IPS website (dated 19 Jan 2010):

http://www.ips.gov.u...roup=&varChunk=

"Malaysian citizenship laws provide that Malaysian citizens who voluntarily exercise their rights to another citizenship which gives the passport holder of that country freedom of movement and no conditions/restrictions on employment may be deprived of Malaysian citizenship. Please note that Malaysian British Overseas Citizen passport holders may not benefit from this if the BOC passport issued has restrictions on movement and employment. Such people can hold both Malaysian and BOC passports simultaneously and will not be deprived of their Malaysian citizenship."

I suppose the UK government is still issuing misleading information about Malaysian BOCs ...