ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration Certificate and EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Registration Certificate and EU1

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi All

i came to Ireland a couple weeks ago and i just went today to register at the GNIB in Dublin, they extendeded my 30 days permision to 3 months more, and told me to apply within this time with Form EU1, as soon as possible ( i did that just today as well).

So my question is, i have read on this forum that the time it takes the EU1 to be approved is 6 months, but my certificate its only valid for 3 months, what happens in this case? .maybe i am misunderstanding something...is the fact of being on the process of aprobation of EU 1 giving me permision to stay here for more than those 3 months?

Anothe question is, this certificate says Stamp 4, does that means that i can work? Obviusly would be hard to get a job knowing the employee that my certificate is only valid for 3 months ..but legally could i work having that "stamp 4" there? or whats the meaning of that stamp 4 in the certificate of registration

thanks in advance for any help provided

cheers!

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi mate I don't really understand which visa did you have when you came here and now you got extension what stamp did they put on your card but when you apply for EU1 you will receive a letter acknowledgment of you application and then you are required to go to GNIB again and they will issue you stamp4 for 6 months..in your case if you got 3 months stamp4 after applying for EU1 then someone who have complete knowledge of EU 1 I am sure he will be happy to help you..
thanx

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Are you married to a non-Irish EU citizen who is working in Ireland? If so read the rest of this.

You are presently legally in Ireland.

You can apply for a 4EUFam (known in the rest of the EU as a Residence Card), but having it or not does not change that you are legally in Ireland.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:52 pm

i dont have any visa cos i dont need a visa to visit Ireland, tho i am from a non european country, so when i came at the airport they just put a stamp for 1 month and told me to register to GNIB...and what i put before is what it happened today that i went to register :P

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Are you married to a non-Irish EU citizen who is working in Ireland?
i am married to a EU citizen, she is from Estonia. thank you very much ;)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:00 pm

I should note that there may be some penalty for not have a 4EUFam, but it would not change the fact that you are in the country legally if you are here with your spouse who is working.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I should note that there may be some penalty for not have a 4EUFam, but it would not change the fact that you are in the country legally if you are here with your spouse who is working.
Yeah, well as i said in the 1st message, i applied today, i gave them all the papers(passports, evidence of relation, marriage certificate,etc) with the Form EU1 today, so i am already in the process i guess, i just wonder how much it will take til i hear from them again, like sending me back our passports or requiring more stuff, what is the normal time for getting an answer from them, and in case i dont receive anything from them in 3 months what happens? since my reg. cert is valid for 3 months only....

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:18 pm

In my case I received them back with 6 months stamp4 after 4 days and I have seen people getting back in 1 to 2 weeks time..they will photocopy all your documents and send you back no need to worry man..I think when you will get your documents back you need to go to GNIB again to get 6 months stamp4..
wish you best of luck and let us know what happened ..

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 pm

rebel82 wrote:In my case I received them back with 6 months stamp4 after 4 days and I have seen people getting back in 1 to 2 weeks time..they will photocopy all your documents and send you back no need to worry man..I think when you will get your documents back you need to go to GNIB again to get 6 months stamp4..
wish you best of luck and let us know what happened ..
How long did it take from when you sent the EU1 application until you had your passport back?

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Many thanks to both of you, its good to know that there is nice people here able to help confused people like me ..all the best for you too

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:23 pm

I applied on Tuesday 1 of Sep and I got my docs back on 4th of Sep
any thing special???