ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa for Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Spousal Visa for Ireland

Post by JasonJTB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi

I am trying to find out how should i go about applying for a spousal visa to ireland as my wife is british and i am south african and we have decided to come to ireland to work and live there.

What would i need to apply for spousal visa and how long does the process take as we are currently in south africa at the moment and i will be doing everything from here.

Thanks Jason

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Is your wife living in Ireland or UK???

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:32 pm

rebel82 wrote:Is your wife living in Ireland or UK???
we are both here in South Africa now as we recently returned back from the UK about 9months ago and are wanting to travel and work abroad again and decided on ireland as the UK economy is not too good right now.

I am working in SA at the moment and we have about 3000euros saved and adding to it each month and we have been together for almost 5yrs nows 2kids together both kids british citizens and can provide proof of relationship in the UK and in south africa.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:56 pm

you can come to Ireland with your wife as you don't need visa to enter Ireland you can present proof of relationship at port of entry and they will give you entry and will ask you to register with immigration(GNIB)
but after your wife need to b exercising EU treaty rights before you can apply for EU1..

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:02 pm

rebel82 wrote:you can come to Ireland with your wife as you don't need visa to enter Ireland you can present proof of relationship at port of entry and they will give you entry and will ask you to register with immigration(GNIB)
but after your wife need to b exercising EU treaty rights before you can apply for EU1..
i dont want to take a chance as we have a family to think about and i would wanna sort everything i can possiblty do before hand out to make it easier for us i will be the one working as my wife will be at home with the kids and i dont want us to use all our saving and then we are stuck with nothing when savings are gone and things are not completed yet

EU treaty rights not too clear on that one could you please clarify that for me.

would it help that i have also almost completed a degree in electrical engineering!!!

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm

i know 3000euros is not alot of money but my wife also recieves funds from social each month 400GBP as that was the agreement between here and her first childs father but the money gets taken by social from the father and then social pays it to my wife.

also will i be allowed to work while waiting for the EU1 as i have a sia badge which allows me to work in the security industry in the EU as my wife will be study well finishing her last year

What is the time period for waiting for EU1 also

Thanks really appreciate all the help

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 pm

when you will apply for EU1 processing time for that is 6 months so when you will apply INIS will issue you a stamp 4 valid for 6 months that entitles you to live and work legally in Ireland you will be allowed to work full time in Ireland and SIA badge doesn't work in Ireland here they have PSA Private security authority.
you will need alot more documents to support your application I am giving you the link for relevant information.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... Qs#refused
you will get answer for all you questions and you will find out what documents do you need to submit with your application..
if you need any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
thanks!

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 pm

rebel82 wrote:when you will apply for EU1 processing time for that is 6 months so when you will apply INIS will issue you a stamp 4 valid for 6 months that entitles you to live and work legally in Ireland you will be allowed to work full time in Ireland and SIA badge doesn't work in Ireland here they have PSA Private security authority.
you will need alot more documents to support your application I am giving you the link for relevant information.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... Qs#refused
you will get answer for all you questions and you will find out what documents do you need to submit with your application..
if you need any help please do not hesitate to contact me.
thanks!
most of them documents i will have already and its just finding work that mayb a issue now as u said i need PSA badge as my sia badge not valid....but i am sure i will be able to work something out for sure.