ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many allowed extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random.thoughts
India

How many allowed extension

Post by random.thoughts » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi,
HSMP validity - Dec 2007 to Dec 2009
Date of arrival in UK - March 2008
Extension applied on Sep 2009 (3 months in advance)
Now they did not add 3years to my expiry date. Instead they gave me only until Oct 2012.

1) Can some one tell me what I should do in Oct 2012? Should I apply for another extension?
2) How many extensions are allowed for HSMP Tier 1?
3) Also when I extend Tier 1, do I need to have masters as well?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: How many allowed extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:53 pm

random.thoughts wrote:Hi,
HSMP validity - Dec 2007 to Dec 2009
Date of arrival in UK - March 2008
Extension applied on Sep 2009 (3 months in advance)
Now they did not add 3years to my expiry date. Instead they gave me only until Oct 2012.

1) Can some one tell me what I should do in Oct 2012? Should I apply for another extension? Yes. Your ILR qualifying period started from March 2008 and not Dec 2007.
2) How many extensions are allowed for HSMP Tier 1?As many as it takes. Mathematically 2 max(considering current guidelines)
3) Also when I extend Tier 1, do I need to have masters as well?]Since you were granted initially for Bachelors, you won't need masters degree

kashvishree
Newly Registered

Post by kashvishree » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:01 am

Hi random thoughts,

I think although you have submitted an early application, you are supposed to get an extension for 3 years, that must be an error from HO office.

There are few cases where such mistake happened and got corrected, I think few members of this forum also got their visa corrected.
Please go through this forum for further help.

Seniors please advice if I am right.

Kashvi

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 pm

kashvishree wrote:Hi random thoughts,

I think although you have submitted an early application, you are supposed to get an extension for 3 years, that must be an error from HO office.

There are few cases where such mistake happened and got corrected, I think few members of this forum also got their visa corrected.
Please go through this forum for further help.

Seniors please advice if I am right.

Kashvi
Not necessarily. It is totally on descretion of caseworker. You cannot request from which date you need visa. Thats the reason they ask you to submit application only when it is due to expire. In case this this, you applicant should have made request to caseworker to extend visa from expiry date so you can make it for PR(but that doesn't gaurantee your request will be honoured).