ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got tier 1 today.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

Got tier 1 today.

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm

Got Tier 1, received passport today:
Timelines:
applied: 24-09-2009
fee deducted: same day
visa issued: 02-10-2009 (processing time 6 working days)
passport received: 08-10-2009

Many thanks to Vinny, Push, Chetanojha, and tvn_Ramesh for their helpful inputs and time-consuming discussions.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:56 pm

great news, have you applied inside UK.? please let us know what are the document you provided and what's the payment method.?

rasinrdj

Post by rasinrdj » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 pm

Congratulations. Please provide details of your experience.

hsmpinfo79
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpinfo79 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Congratulations...wow..this is the first case I see where the visa is issued in a weeks time...

but the website says they are looking at applications applied before 15 Sept...
so is the info in the website wrong?

or have you done this personally?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Thanks, my application was in person application (outside UK). Six working days is not the shortest time, there are some Tier 1 applications decided within two days: For instance see Ireland

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 pm

mvent00 wrote:Thanks, my application was in person application (outside UK). Six working days is not the shortest time, there are some Tier 1 applications decided within two days: For instance see Ireland
Hi mvent00, I had thought premium appointments are available only within UK.

Please confirm if you meant in person applications can be applied for outside UK as well ? If possible, please also let us know the place/country of your application as well.

Thank You,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 pm

Good stuff. See if you can hang around for a while and help others with your experience. You already have a significant number of posts which surely would have aided many.

Good luck
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:55 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Thanks, my application was in person application (outside UK). Six working days is not the shortest time, there are some Tier 1 applications decided within two days: For instance see Ireland
Hi mvent00, I had thought premium appointments are available only within UK.

Please confirm if you meant in person applications can be applied for outside UK as well ? If possible, please also let us know the place/country of your application as well.

Thank You,
In person application, by courier applications, vary country by country. In many countries they accept only in person applications. You can check the counrty you are looking, for more specific information about all types of visa applications.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Thank you Push. Yes, of course, it would be my pleasure if I could offer any help to the fellow members.
push wrote:Good stuff. See if you can hang around for a while and help others with your experience. You already have a significant number of posts which surely would have aided many.

Good luck

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Got tier 1 today.

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 pm

mvent00 wrote:Got Tier 1, received passport today:
Timelines:

Many thanks to Vinny, Push, Chetanojha, and tvn_Ramesh for their helpful inputs and time-consuming discussions.
Mvent...!! Congratulations....!!! Enjoy the moment ...you have had a tough time with all your translations stuff. Worth it.... :-)

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Re:got Visa Today

Post by syedimran74 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:01 pm

Hello Buddy,

First of all congrats. Quick question. I have applied for this as well from Ireland. The question that I want to ask is, that my Master Degree which is from a college of Ireland, which was affiliated to University of Wales Uk. Can you please tell me should i claim for 5 points for UK Experience as my degree was from University of Wales though i studied in Ireland. Last thing, do i need to get assessment of my qualification, cause my degree is from university of Wales.

Thanks a million for ur help.
Congrats and May God be with you.
Imran

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Congrats mvent00. So when are you planning to fly to the UK?

I agree with Push, you have been a great help in solving some of my queries as well.
Challenges make life worth it!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Got tier 1 today.

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:25 pm

chetanojha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:Got Tier 1, received passport today:
Timelines:

Mvent...!! Congratulations....!!! Enjoy the moment ...you have had a tough time with all your translations stuff. Worth it.... :-)
Thanks Chetan, yes it was a nightmare to do the translation of documents, especially translation of each bank transaction during 12 months. 48 pages were only for translation. I really appreciate your tips, particularly getting a letter from the translator. I feel relaxed now! Thanks again!!

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re:got Visa Today

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:43 pm

syedimran74 wrote:Hello Buddy,

First of all congrats.
Thanks mate!!

Quick question. I have applied for this as well from Ireland. The question that I want to ask is, that my Master Degree which is from a college of Ireland, which was affiliated to University of Wales Uk. Can you please tell me should i claim for 5 points for UK Experience as my degree was from University of Wales though i studied in Ireland.

Quote from guidance:
144. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has:
• undertaken a period of full-time study in the United Kingdom, of at least one full academic year, and been awarded a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above. The qualification should have been awarded no more than five years before making the application.

AND

147. We will only award points for periods of study in the United Kingdom if the applicant has supplied the specified documents showing his/her period of study in the United Kingdom.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... 310309.pdf pages 27 and 28 of 44.

Based on these I assume that full time study should be in UK. But I would claim points for that. At maximum they can reject my claim and will not award these points. Do you have enough points except these points?

Last thing, do i need to get assessment of my qualification, cause my degree is from university of Wales.

If PBS calculator awards you points for that degree in Qualification and English language sections, you do not need any assesment from NARIC.

Imran

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Thanks InUKOnHsmp, I hope very soon. :) UK is not that far from here, can arrive there in few hours. It is my pleasure to provide any information that I have come across with!!
InUkOnHsmp wrote:Congrats mvent00. So when are you planning to fly to the UK?

I agree with Push, you have been a great help in solving some of my queries as well.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 am

mvent00 wrote:
In person application, by courier applications, vary country by country. In many countries they accept only in person applications. You can check the counrty you are looking, for more specific information about all types of visa applications.
Thanks mate. Congrats again for successful visa stamping. I myself would be applying for visa extn next month. Wud be seeking active help from forum members. This forum rocks :)

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 am

Duplicate

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Thanks a million mate

Post by syedimran74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks once again Mate.

Well thanks a million for your help over here. I think its pretty handy what you have advised. Well I still am able to claim to claim 95 points on the basis of Age, salary and Qualification. Yes My degree is in the pint calculator database. I had appiled for assessment of qualification from UK Naric and they have advised that they are not able to assess my qualification as it is an UK award, so rather i dont need it.

have appointment on 13th october, hope and pray that everything goes well and turns out successful.

Thansk for your help, will keep posting over here.

thanks againa nd congrats.
Best of luck with your future.
imran

Hello Buddy,

First of all congrats.
Thanks mate!!

Quick question. I have applied for this as well from Ireland. The question that I want to ask is, that my Master Degree which is from a college of Ireland, which was affiliated to University of Wales Uk. Can you please tell me should i claim for 5 points for UK Experience as my degree was from University of Wales though i studied in Ireland.

Quote from guidance:
• undertaken a period of full-time study in the United Kingdom, of at least one full academic year, and been awarded a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above. The qualification should have been awarded no more than five years before making the application.

AND

147. We will only award points for periods of study in the United Kingdom if the applicant has supplied the specified documents showing his/her period of study in the United Kingdom.

Based on these I assume that full time study should be in UK. But I would claim points for that. At maximum they can reject my claim and will not award these points. Do you have enough points except these points?

Last thing, do i need to get assessment of my qualification, cause my degree is from university of Wales.

If PBS calculator awards you points for that degree in Qualification and English language sections, you do not need any assesment from NARIC.

Imran

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Thanks a million mate

Post by syedimran74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks once again Mate.

Well thanks a million for your help over here. I think its pretty handy what you have advised. Well I still am able to claim to claim 95 points on the basis of Age, salary and Qualification. Yes My degree is in the pint calculator database. I had appiled for assessment of qualification from UK Naric and they have advised that they are not able to assess my qualification as it is an UK award, so rather i dont need it.

have appointment on 13th october, hope and pray that everything goes well and turns out successful.

imran

Hello Buddy,

First of all congrats.
Thanks mate!!

Quote from guidance:

AND

Imran

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Thanks a million mate

Post by syedimran74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks once again Mate.

imran

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Thanks a million mate

Post by syedimran74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks once again Mate.

imran

syedimran74
Newly Registered

Thanks a million mate

Post by syedimran74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks once again Mate.

imran

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Thanks a million mate

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:03 pm

I hope everything will be fine with your application. Wish you all the best!!
syedimran74 wrote:Thanks once again Mate.

imran