ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ID Card for extending tier 1 general

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joy_kavee

ID Card for extending tier 1 general

Post by joy_kavee » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi

My Tier 1 general will be due for entension in December 2011.

1. Do you need to apply for ID card first before entension?

2. If the Torries win the next general election and they scap the ID card scheme, what effect will it have on ID Card?

3.Under the Torries, if elected, what changes can they legally bring to tier 1 general extension
and

Can they change the rule that you can apply for IDL after 5 yrs under tier 1 ( for existing people with tier 1)?

any thoughts....

meats
BANNED

Re: ID Card for extending tier 1 general

Post by meats » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:17 pm

joy_kavee wrote:Hi

My Tier 1 general will be due for entension in December 2011.

1. Do you need to apply for ID card first before entension?

2. If the Torries win the next general election and they scap the ID card scheme, what effect will it have on ID Card?

3.Under the Torries, if elected, what changes can they legally bring to tier 1 general extension
and

Can they change the rule that you can apply for IDL after 5 yrs under tier 1 ( for existing people with tier 1)?

any thoughts....
1) I don't think so

2) There won't be any ID cards

3) Whatever changes that they want as long as it is passed by Parliament. So, for example they could completely scrap tier 1 should they wish to do so, or tier 2, 4, 5 etc or they could do nothing to them.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: ID Card for extending tier 1 general

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 pm

joy_kavee wrote:1. Do you need to apply for ID card first before entension?
At the moment they are asking people to get ID card while renewing/applying for certain types of visa. On this basis you don't need to apply yet.
joy_kavee wrote:2. If the Torries win the next general election and they scap the ID card scheme, what effect will it have on ID Card?
Can't say. There will probably be a legal challenge by people who have already paid for the ID cards to get their money back. But it is all in the future and we can't say anything.
joy_kavee wrote:3.Under the Torries, if elected, what changes can they legally bring to tier 1 general extension
and

The only thing anyone can be sure off is that no government will attempt changing rules retrospectively after the HSMP JR court case. All changes will be made in such a way that they only apply to new applicants and not people who are already here.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.