ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 for Ireland Vs Settlement visa for UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

EU1 for Ireland Vs Settlement visa for UK

Post by JasonJTB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi guys

I am busy in the process of appealing the ECO decision for my settlement visa to the UK the ECO thinks my job is not genuine yet it is on a headed letter with all company details,contact numbers,vat number,registration number and contact person to verify the job.

however this has been a ongoing battle now for 2yrs and myself and my wife are thinking it would be easier for us to come to ireland and for me to apply for a EU1 as my wife is british and so are our kids and i am from a commom wealth country hence do not need a visa to enter ireland but how much more difficult it is to apply for a EU1 compared to the settlement visa for the UK and how long would we need to stay in ireland before we could return to the UK.

Thanks Jason

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Your wife needs to be working or self-employed in Ireland for six months, according to the UK's implementation of Singh.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:49 pm

benifa wrote:Your wife needs to be working or self-employed in Ireland for six months, according to the UK's implementation of Singh.
my wife wants to complete her studies and i will be working as when i apply for eu1 i get that stamp in my passport which allows me to work for that 6months period... would that not work!!! as to us it seems like a endless battle with UK immigrations they are happy about everything else just the job and i even included emails between myself and my company in the UK along with the letter.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:12 pm

JasonJTB wrote:my wife wants to complete her studies and i will be working as when i apply for eu1 i get that stamp in my passport which allows me to work for that 6months period... would that not work!!! as to us it seems like a endless battle with UK immigrations they are happy about everything else just the job and i even included emails between myself and my company in the UK along with the letter.
Wouldn't work.

To return to the UK using Singh, your wife needs to be engaged in economic activity in another Member State.

Economic activity is usually (certainly in the UK) interpreted as meaning to be employed or self-employed.

You could try and argue that to be engaged in a course of study is to engage in economic activity, but you may have a fight on your hands.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

JasonJTB
Newly Registered

Post by JasonJTB » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 pm

benifa wrote:
JasonJTB wrote:my wife wants to complete her studies and i will be working as when i apply for eu1 i get that stamp in my passport which allows me to work for that 6months period... would that not work!!! as to us it seems like a endless battle with UK immigrations they are happy about everything else just the job and i even included emails between myself and my company in the UK along with the letter.
Wouldn't work.

To return to the UK using Singh, your wife needs to be engaged in economic activity in another Member State.

Economic activity is usually (certainly in the UK) interpreted as meaning to be employed or self-employed.

You could try and argue that to be engaged in a course of study is to engage in economic activity, but you may have a fight on your hands.
and if we both working would that be the best thing for us to do....

with a EU1 am i not allowed to enter the UK and work once i have it.....

and could i apply for a eu1 from south africa at the irish embassy here