ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Retain Rights of Residence.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobobo

EEA Retain Rights of Residence.

Post by bobobo » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:03 am

Hi All, I have a few questions which I need to discus in the forum and get some advise from people who maybe have been through this themselves.

I was married to an EEA national for 3 years before we divorced (She commited adultery on 2 occasions) My divorce came along and we are seperated now. What do I need to do if I wish to Retain my rights of residence. We both have been living in UK for all these years, both have jobs. I dont have co-habitation proof for all the 3 years but for the last 1.4 years (Bank Statements, Joint accounts, Insurance policy, joint health policy etc..) also during the time of the divorce she was working here full time and for some reason has offered to give her pay slips and her passport if needs be to be sent to the Home Office (Proof of her exercising rights in UK) when I apply for retaining my rights. My question is that do I just write a letter and send the whole bunch of documents out to the Home Office, including mine and her passport?
Also how much time does it take for the HOme Office Now days to process these doc (took them 11 months to issue me my Resident Permit Card 3.5 years back)

Is there anything technical or anything else that I need to be aware of before I do this or should I just hire a Solicitor just in case HO tries to be difficult with me.

Any suggestion are welcome and thanks in advance for all your supoport.

Bob

irakra

Post by irakra » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm

I informed HO of my divorce 5 months ago, still didn't hear from them, then they told me on the phone I need to wait till my residence card expires and then apply for permanent residence. Obviously I would need all proof on my ex side when I do that. That is all I know. Maybe they will reply, who knows. Anyway for me it's another 3 years which I don't want to spend in limbo, but don't know what to do.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks for your post iraka, i just wanted to ask you how did you inform the HO. did you send a letter along with all the documentation and passports or did you just call them.

thanks

irakra

Post by irakra » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi,

I didn't send my documents, I didn't want to take risks like that, so I just send a letter with a detailed description of my situation with a copy of decree absolute and copy of my residence card. That's what other people on this forum did. After that HO supposedly has to send you a reply and ask for all the relevant documents, (again, that's what happened to other members of this forum) But HO didn't get back to me so far. So I presume I can just wait till my current RC expires and then apply for PR on EEA4. That's what I was told to do by HO representatives in call centres.

Tha's all I know. I wouldn't send all originals of my documents just like that, they can lose them, you know, you must have at least a name of the case worker to address them to.

regards

jude

Post by jude » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Guys ,
what about when the EEA was a full time student but no private medical insurance?
hallo

irakra

Post by irakra » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:59 pm

I think that's not gonna work, you would need at least your ex's bank statements for that particular period of time with enough money to show he was financially independant. Plus thay always ask for private medical insurance. No point to apply, they will reject.