ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

on hsmp out of uk for 1yr,please advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newhope
Newly Registered

on hsmp out of uk for 1yr,please advice

Post by newhope » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 pm

been in uk legally since 2003,on hsmp since feb 2006,extension feb2007 for 4yr(2011).Unfortunately been out of uk for almost 13 months,now in uk,seeking advice for options left to me at the next applicaton for ??ILR/extension of stay

a)is an extension possible under JR(old rules),if it is,does my clock start fresh(5yrs since i last entered uk)

b)if a is not possible,can i apply under tier1 as a new applicant
c)are there any more options,

suggestions and advice higly appreciated
many thanks :roll:

musaratnasreen

Re: on hsmp out of uk for 1yr,please advice

Post by musaratnasreen » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:04 am

newhope wrote:been in uk legally since 2003,on hsmp since feb 2006,extension feb2007 for 4yr(2011).Unfortunately been out of uk for almost 13 months,now in uk,seeking advice for options left to me at the next applicaton for ??ILR/extension of stay

a)is an extension possible under JR(old rules),if it is,does my clock start fresh(5yrs since i last entered uk)

In my opinion you should apply for extension under JR as your hsmp was before apr 2006. Exceptional cases are possible for ILR provided you can convince with logical reasoning . On the contrary you will still be eligible for ILR after 4 years continuous stay.Extension under JR is lot easier as compared to Tier 1.
Clock resetting is discussed lot on there forums but i have not seen explicitly on UKBA site any such statement

musaratnasreen

Re: on hsmp out of uk for 1yr,please advice

Post by musaratnasreen » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:06 am

newhope wrote:been in uk legally since 2003,on hsmp since feb 2006,extension feb2007 for 4yr(2011).Unfortunately been out of uk for almost 13 months,now in uk,seeking advice for options left to me at the next applicaton for ??ILR/extension of stay

In my opinion you should apply for extension under JR as your hsmp was before apr 2006. Exceptional cases are possible for ILR provided you can convince with logical reasoning . On the contrary you will still be eligible for ILR after 4 years continuous stay.Extension under JR is lot easier as compared to Tier 1.
Clock resetting is discussed lot on these forums but i have not seen explicitly on UKBA site any such statement