ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I did it !! GotHSMP approval and EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salman_7777
Newly Registered

I did it !! GotHSMP approval and EC

Post by salman_7777 » Sat May 15, 2004 7:49 pm

Hi,
I wanted to share this good news that I have finally got my EC for my HSMP application. This forum has been of great help through out the application process.
Here are the few statistics for the complete drill.

Jan 5, 2004. Application received at Home office.
March 19,2004 Received the approval letter.
April 19,2004. Sent my EC application.
May 15,2004 Got my passport back with EC sticker.

Now a bit of concern:
I was expecting to get EC valid from first week of June but surprisingly, I got the visa valid from May 4, 2004 and it took ten days to receive the passport back. Consequently, I will be losing about one month on my visa. Although, I did mention in the EC form about the starting date for my visa but of no use. I think, there should be a rule to give certain consideration for the "intended date to travel" . It will prevent HSMP guys losing that initial visa period. I am not sure if its gonna hurt us applying for ILR becsause one will not be in UK for 4 years before he/she applies for ILR (if i am not wrong, applicant should have stayed for 4 years i.e. 1 yr initial period + 3 yr HSMP ext). Any view on this ?

Thanks to the moderators and other volunteers for provinding all the help. I plan on arriving in London in the first/second week of June to start the real game :). I plan to stay in touch with this forum, which is definitely helpful and sometimes fun to go through the comments during coffee break :).

Cheers!

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Sun May 16, 2004 7:44 am

Congratulation on your EC and HSMP approval.

Please tell us the detials of what documents you sent for both the HSMP and the EC application

Best of luck with the job hunt in UK.

Thanks

Square

Post by Square » Sun May 16, 2004 11:22 am

Salman,

Congratulations!!

Now the real journey has began.

Best of luck at job hunting in the UK.

sagarjv

Congrats on your EC..

Post by sagarjv » Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Hi Salman,

CONGRATS...
I got my HSMP approved and planning to go for EC. Can you please tell me what are the documents you produced in Brit. High Comm.
Can you please write about funds(how much), accommodation proof documents you produced.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Sagar

salman_7777
Newly Registered

List of documents for HSMP and EC app.

Post by salman_7777 » Mon May 17, 2004 7:11 pm

I enclosed the following documents for my HSMP application and included all the details on index page..

1. Cheque payable to Home Office, Work Permits, UK.
2. Covering Letter
3. Resume
4. M.Sc. Information Technology Certificate and Transcript
5. Letters of Reference (4) from employers/managers.
6. Academic Reference Letter from my professor.
7. Pay statements for the last income year.
8. Year End Salary form including tax deductions etc
9. Certificates for trainings , I attended.
10. Bank Statements in support of available funds and earnings
11. Projected Expenses for 12 months in UK
12. Copy of Passport
13. 2 Photographs

The fess was paid by my relative in UK and I explained this in the covering letter. I did communicate with HSMP team after waiting for the expected process time and they were responsive and courteous.

For EC app:

1 EC form
2 2 Photographs
3 Evidence of Funds. 10000 GBP approx
4 Certificates, I enclosed in the HSMP application.
5 Copies of my both passports.

As I got bit of problem with the starting period of my visa so i plan on being in UK early June. I am stilling looking forward to the response for the couple of question in my original post. Kaya, Chess, Joseph :)..

Where are the gurus? :)

Cheers !