ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Upgrade bank account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sreeram79
Newly Registered

Upgrade bank account

Post by Sreeram79 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:55 am

Hi,

I had a step account intially and bank has requested me to upgrade the account to current Plus. So do you see any problem because the first two months account number is different from the rest of the 10 months.

Also would like to know it would be good to go personally for the visa request?

Thanks for your reply.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Upgrade bank account

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 am

Sreeram79 wrote:Hi,

I had a step account intially and bank has requested me to upgrade the account to current Plus. So do you see any problem because the first two months account number is different from the rest of the 10 months.

Also would like to know it would be good to go personally for the visa request?

Thanks for your reply.
No upgrading account will not affect your application as far as you have statement covering both accounts (or account numbers).

Applying in-person or by post is entirely on your application. In-person application have certain advantages apart from same day decision such as you can explain things personally to case worker etc. whereas on the flip side if your application is not straightforward or if caseworker couldn't verify you documents on the spot he may reserve the decision for future, which ends up same as postal application. It's entirely upto you how you wanna play it. Generally people have good experience (decision wise) with in-person application.

vks

Post by vks » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:30 am

Upgrading the account does not mean that the account number needs to be changed!

Also if you are not in need of Plus account, you may ignore the request from bank and use your ordinary current account.
Regards,
vks

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:21 pm

vks wrote:Upgrading the account does not mean that the account number needs to be changed!

Also if you are not in need of Plus account, you may ignore the request from bank and use your ordinary current account.
Agreed. The account number may remain the same... though the account name will change, its fine as long as you have statements covering the period.
Regards,
crowbar6

Sreeram79
Newly Registered

Thanks for your reply

Post by Sreeram79 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:32 am

Agreed, But apparently I opened the account in different branch of the same institution which leads to creation of different sort code and sort number.

Thanks guys

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks for your reply

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:33 am

Sreeram79 wrote:Agreed, But apparently I opened the account in different branch of the same institution which leads to creation of different sort code and sort number.

Thanks guys
That's fine mate. Don't sweat on small things. As long as your bank statement reflect correct figures (net pay and/or maintenance funds) it is fine. Make sure to mention all your account details in cover letter so that case worker can link things.