ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on filling the Tier1 extension application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raviskar

Questions on filling the Tier1 extension application form

Post by raviskar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 am

Hi Guys,

I am on HSMP visa and applying for extension under Tier1. I have some queries on filling some of the sections in the application form. Can someone please help me here?

1) B10 - Home office reference number
B11 - Worker reference number
B13 - Points Based System migrant reference number

What do I need to fill for these questions? I guess I can fill only my initial HSMP reference number for B10. Is it correct?

2) B24 - Has the applicant ever lived in Northern Ireland
B25 - Please give details of the applicant’s previous addresses in Northern Ireland and the dates the applicant lived there:

I currently stay in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Do I need to provide my current address as well in B25 (there is no current address section there)?

3) B27 - Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list

I am a software engineer, I do not see anything related IT in the list. Does it come under "Science and Technology Professionals"?

4) D2 - Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?

I got my entry clearance in India. I had applied through the VFS office Bangalore, but my visa says "Issued at Chennai", which I guess should be due to the UK embassy in Chennai. What should I mention for the city column here?

5) D3 - What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Is it the visa start date?

6) D4 - Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.

What is this reference number? Is it the initial HSMP reference number received from the homeoffice or something mentioned in the visa page of my passport?

7) Do we need to send all the sections in the application, eventhough it is not related. For example, section 3A(Initial Applications), 3B(Extension Applications within Tier 1) or section 5(Z. Representative’s Details and Declaration) are not related to my application. Do we still need to include them in the application?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Thanks,
Ravi.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Questions on filling the Tier1 extension application for

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 am

raviskar wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on HSMP visa and applying for extension under Tier1. I have some queries on filling some of the sections in the application form. Can someone please help me here?

What do I need to fill for these questions? I guess I can fill only my initial HSMP reference number for B10. Is it correct? Yes. Enter the number you got with the initial HSMP approval letter.

2) B24 - Has the applicant ever lived in Northern Ireland
B25 - Please give details of the applicant’s previous addresses in Northern Ireland and the dates the applicant lived there:

I currently stay in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Do I need to provide my current address as well in B25 (there is no current address section there)? Yes, please mention the address.

3) B27 - Please select the applicant’s main occupation from the following list

I am a software engineer, I do not see anything related IT in the list. Does it come under "Science and Technology Professionals"? This is fine.

4) D2 - Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?

I got my entry clearance in India. I had applied through the VFS office Bangalore, but my visa says "Issued at Chennai", which I guess should be due to the UK embassy in Chennai. What should I mention for the city column here? Mention Chennai consulate.

5) D3 - What date was the entry clearance or visa issued?

Is it the visa start date? The visa issue date can be different from the visa start date. If it is same in your case, then write down the visa start date.

6) D4 - Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.

What is this reference number? Is it the initial HSMP reference number received from the homeoffice or something mentioned in the visa page of my passport? There should be a reference number of the visa on the top right hand corner of the visa.

7) Do we need to send all the sections in the application, eventhough it is not related. For example, section 3A(Initial Applications), 3B(Extension Applications within Tier 1) or section 5(Z. Representative’s Details and Declaration) are not related to my application. Do we still need to include them in the application? Yes, please attach all sections and in the same order even if they are not filled by you.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Regards,
crowbar6

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Questions on filling the Tier1 extension application for

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:50 am

crowbar6 wrote:
raviskar wrote:Hi Guys,

What do I need to fill for these questions? I guess I can fill only my initial HSMP reference number for B10. Is it correct? Yes. Enter the number you got with the initial HSMP approval letter.
crowbar.. well covered all points..

but for the above Q-B10 I wld suggest to leave it BLANK..

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Crowbar and Ramesh,

Thanks for your response. It really helps.

Thanks,
Ravi.

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 am

Hi Guys,

I am applying for extension of my wife's dependent visa and new visa for my new born baby.

Can you please help me a bit more on completing the dependents application form?

1) J2. Has the main applicant received notification that their application for leave to remain under the Points Based System has been successful?

- As we are applying together, should I say 'NO' here?

2) J4. Has the main applicant applied to have his/her application assessed in accordance with paragraphs 39-42 of the HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review Policy Document?

- My application does not fall under this category. After this question, it is mentioned that "Now go to question K1". But I think we need to answer the next question J5 as well. Is that correct?

3) J5. Is the main applicant making an application as:

An initial (switching) application - go to question K2
An extension of his/her existing leave - go to Section L
A result of a change of employment - go to Section L

- I think my application falls under "An extension of his/her existing leave". It is mentioned for this option "go to Section L". But I think the questions K1 and K3 also needs to be filled. Is that correct?
K1. The level of funds the dependant must have access to depends on the length of time the main applicant has been in the UK. Please indicate whether the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for:
Less than 12 months Please provide evidence of more than £1600 of available funds
12 months and over Please provide evidence of more than £533 of available funds
Now go to question K3

K3. Please provide evidence that the dependant has access to available funds in order to support themselves. Funds may be in the name of the dependant or the main applicant. Please tick the relevant box(es) to indicate the evidence supplied:

4) Maintenance certified by the sponsor
K4. Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent:
A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom.

- Is this question applicable for Tier1 dependents? It is confusing here.

5) What should I fill in the section "D. Immigration history" for my baby's visa? She is just a newborn and we are applying a fresh visa for her.

What should we answer for questions like
D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes - go to question D2 No - go to question D5
D2. Where did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?
D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa valid from?
D4. What date is the dependant’s current leave (or permission to stay) valid until?
D5. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.
D12. What is the dependant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?

Sorry for long questions and many thanks for your answers.

Thanks,
Ravi.