ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Jobs in Scotland

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spookylight
Newly Registered

IT Jobs in Scotland

Post by spookylight » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 am

Hello there.

I would like to move to Scotland sometime next year.
Can anyone tell me the status of IT Market in Scotland?
Edinburgh or Glasgow or any? Skills like, VB, VB.NET, SQL, Webservices, ASP.NET and etc.

Thanks a lot

mayura
Newly Registered

Post by mayura » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:10 pm

if you get any reply please forward it to me also. i live in birmingham area and wud want to knw if i can get any job in .net,webservices,asp etc. i am on dependent visa...in desperate search of a job....do lemme knw if any idea!!
thx

spookylight
Newly Registered

Jobs in Scotland

Post by spookylight » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 pm

Hiya

We have the same skills. I am working in greater manchester as a senior developer using vb6, .net, sql, webservices and etc...

I know my employer is looking for programmers. I believe you live in birmingham.

I didnt get any response from anybody in the forum about IT market in scotland. I have a friend that used to work there although he is in IT Sales and I do believe that there are opportunities in IT in Scotland.

I never had a problem trying to get an IT job around here in the north west. although some employers takes time to decide or reply from your application. Just keep sending your CV and you will find one.