ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying by post tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myegin11

Applying by post tomorrow

Post by myegin11 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi all

I am in the UK under HSMP and just a few days left until my visa expiry. I am applying by post tomorrow. I had to wait because of the maintenance requirement. I was lucky as I could become eligible before the expiry date.

Below is the list of the documents I am sending and is a proof how paranoid I am :)

Age Assessment:
i. Original passport
ii. National identity card and its translation

Qualifications Assessment:
(although not required to send evidence)
i. Original certificate of the award

Previous Earnings Assessment
i. Payslips of the period 01 October 2008 – 30 September 2009 [All have company stamp, signature of the secretary and the signature of the accountant]
ii. Dividend vouchers [All have company stamp, signature of the company director [that's me], signature of the secretary and the signature of the accountant]
iii. Personal bank statements
iv. Letter from the accountant confirming the claimed amount for the personal earnings [including the breakdown showing payment items as salaries and dividends, their net and gross payments and the totals for the period]
v. P60 form – as expected, the P60 form does not cover the entire claimed period. However, it is included in the application pack as a main evidence document to show my employment status.
vi. Personal tax return form – like the P60 form, this document is also provided as an evidence to show my employment status.

English Language
ii. Letter from the awarding body confirming the language of instruction was English

Maintenance
i. Another set of bank statements (i.e. duplicates) showing enough balance for the period starting from 6th July 2009 to 6th October 2009

Additionally, I am including
i. Police registration certificate
ii. 2 photographs (not older than one month)

And also to demonstrate the business activity of my company, following documents are also included:
iii. Certificate of incorporation
iv. VAT registration certificate
v. Shares certificate
vi. Company accounts for the last accounting period
vii. Letter from the accountant confirming company accounts
viii. Company short tax return form
ix. Bank statements of the company bank account
x. Company tax acknowledgement letters from HMRC for the previous accounting period including bank stamps confirming the payments
xi. Work contracts for the period claimed
xii. Invoices issued within the period claimed

I am also including
- a general cover letter for the application
- a cover letter for the previous earnings section
- a cover letter for the maintenance section

I am sending my payment as postal orders

I will also enclose an envelope and a pre-paid Special Delivery label.

I can see I am sending more than required but I am just being (over)cautious as I have only one shot before the visa expiry.

Let's see what happens.

Cheers...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Applying by post tomorrow

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I think you are providing so many documents which are not required. Imagine if you are a case worker, would you like to study someone'so many additional documents. It is your choice, but if I were you I would only submit the highlighted ones:
myegin11 wrote:Hi all

I am in the UK under HSMP and just a few days left until my visa expiry. I am applying by post tomorrow. I had to wait because of the maintenance requirement. I was lucky as I could become eligible before the expiry date.

Below is the list of the documents I am sending and is a proof how paranoid I am :)

Age Assessment:
i. Original passport
ii. National identity card and its translation

Qualifications Assessment:

Previous Earnings Assessment
i. Payslips of the period 01 October 2008 – 30 September 2009 [All have company stamp, signature of the secretary and the signature of the accountant]
ii. Dividend vouchers [All have company stamp, signature of the company director [that's me], signature of the secretary and the signature of the accountant]
iii. Personal bank statements
iv. Letter from the accountant confirming the claimed amount for the personal earnings [including the breakdown showing payment items as salaries and dividends, their net and gross payments and the totals for the period]
v. P60 form – as expected, the P60 form does not cover the entire claimed period. However, it is included in the application pack as a main evidence document to show my employment status.
vi. Personal tax return form – like the P60 form, this document is also provided as an evidence to show my employment status.

English Language
ii. Letter from the awarding body confirming the language of instruction was English

Maintenance
i. Another set of bank statements (i.e. duplicates) showing enough balance for the period starting from 6th July 2009 to 6th October 2009

Additionally, I am including
i. Police registration certificate
ii. 2 photographs (not older than one month)

And also to demonstrate the business activity of my company, following documents are also included:
iii. Certificate of incorporation
iv. VAT registration certificate
v. Shares certificate
vi. Company accounts for the last accounting period
vii. Letter from the accountant confirming company accounts
viii. Company short tax return form
ix. Bank statements of the company bank account
x. Company tax acknowledgement letters from HMRC for the previous accounting period including bank stamps confirming the payments
xi. Work contracts for the period claimed
xii. Invoices issued within the period claimed

I am also including
- a general cover letter for the application I would rather submit only one comprehensive cover letter.
- a cover letter for the previous earnings section
- a cover letter for the maintenance section

I am sending my payment as postal orders

I will also enclose an envelope and a pre-paid Special Delivery label.

I can see I am sending more than required but I am just being (over)cautious as I have only one shot before the visa expiry.

Let's see what happens.

Cheers...

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm

mvent00 wrote:I think you are providing so many documents which are not required. Imagine if you are a case worker, would you like to study someone'so many documents. If I were you I would only submit the highlighted ones:
Police registration certificate is compulsory document for certain nationalities, that could be reason , he is providing it. Probably part of his income is as dividend from his company(owned by him), in that case he requies it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 pm

gotcha wrote:
mvent00 wrote:I think you are providing so many documents which are not required. Imagine if you are a case worker, would you like to study someone'so many documents. If I were you I would only submit the highlighted ones:
Police registration certificate is compulsory document for certain nationalities, that could be reason , he is providing it. Probably part of his income is as dividend from his company(owned by him), in that case he requies it.
Okay, two more, but still so many extras :) . Isn't it?
Good luck with your application mate!

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 pm

I agree that I am sending more than required but as I said I have only one shot.

I prepared two files, one with main evidence documents and another for additional supplementary documents. I explain the contents briefly in my main cover letter. So, if the caseworker chooses to consider only the main evidence documents they can just ignore the second file.

Hearing all those refusal reasons which, I think, are minor things, made me a bit (!) cautious.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:26 am

myegin11 wrote:I agree that I am sending more than required but as I said I have only one shot.

I prepared two files, one with main evidence documents and another for additional supplementary documents.

Please make sure that any of the evidences are not contradictory to each other, numbers, dates, names, etc.

I explain the contents briefly in my main cover letter. So, if the caseworker chooses to consider only the main evidence documents they can just ignore the second file.

Hearing all those refusal reasons which, I think, are minor things, made me a bit (!) cautious.