ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - PEO Appt Croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sparkle
Newly Registered

ILR Success - PEO Appt Croydon

Post by Sparkle » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:21 am

Glory be toGod, I got my ILR on Friday 9th October. I am married to a British Citizen so filled a form M.

This forum has been a tremendous help and I want to thank all. I couldn't have done it without the information I gathered whilst browsing this forum.
I had a smooth interview and I must say the staff were polite. My appt was for 9am and I made sure I got there for 8am. I suggest morning appt for others trying to book. I was out by 11am and I could have been out earlier if not for a fire drill that went at around 10am. We all had to evacuate the building and was out for about 40mins. However, by the time we were all asked to go back, my passport was ready for collection.

It has been a challenging 2 years and I must admit have been under a lot of pressure. I am so pleased I have crossed this hurdle and looking forward to crossing the naturalisation too. I just hope it is not as stressful as the ILR.

Can someone please confirm if I am eligible to apply for naturalisation in a years time - I have been in the country for 2 years.

Many thanks to all once again.

Best wishes to others waiting for theirs

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:24 pm

you have to be in the Uk three years prior to your application see the website
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... rofcitizen