ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

masters education (distance education/ Exams)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krishna1215

masters education (distance education/ Exams)

Post by krishna1215 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm

hi all,
I had submitted my application online for Tier 1 migrant visa and taken an appointment

There is a section which asks to specify last 10 yrs countries visited.
I had filled up in the online application that, I was in gulf during the year 2003-2005 working in an organisation.

I visited india for a week (twice in those years) to write MSC(IT) examinations and passed out in 2005. (distance education)

I have my qualification and english language approved in UK Points calculator.

Would it be necessary to explain this to the case worker or its not necessary to reveal.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: masters education (distance education/ Exams)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:43 pm

krishna1215 wrote:hi all,
I had submitted my application online for Tier 1 migrant visa and taken an appointment

There is a section which asks to specify last 10 yrs countries visited.
I had filled up in the online application that, I was in gulf during the year 2003-2005 working in an organisation.

I visited india for a week (twice in those years) to write MSC(IT) examinations and passed out in 2005. (distance education)

I have my qualification and english language approved in UK Points calculator.

Would it be necessary to explain this to the case worker or its not necessary to reveal.
Dont read too much into that question and worry abt it .. just asnwer to the question becos the purpose of the question is different..

You shd be fine..

krishna1215

doubt

Post by krishna1215 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Ramesh,
Thats fine. The question is pretty straight forward.Agreed. But was just wondering if they look in depth about the year I finished my masters (ie india) and compare with the tenure I was working abroad(Gulf) the same years was my doubt though :-)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: doubt

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:52 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi Ramesh,
Thats fine. The question is pretty straight forward.Agreed. But was just wondering if they look in depth about the year I finished my masters (ie india) and compare with the tenure I was working abroad(Gulf) the same years was my doubt though :-)
Krishna..
I understand your concern, but as long as you gain the points required to qualify for tier1 the caseworker shd be fine.. and also it is clear that u did distance education n that is recognized by PBS so i think u shd be good to go.. n apply..

if u want to make sure or reconfirm pls wait for others responses..

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: doubt

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes Ramesh you are right. I also filled that online application form, it was just about travel history. In my case, the space provided in online application was not enough, so I wrote there that detail of travel history is being provided on an extra sheet in supporting documents.
So, what I would suggest is to write the dates of travelling as these appear on your passport, from the latest to oldest. That is what I did, and it went fine.
Sometimes you are studying/working but still you need to travel, it should not be a problem 8) .

tvn_ramesh wrote:
krishna1215 wrote:Hi Ramesh,
Krishna..
I understand your concern, but as long as you gain the points required to qualify for tier1 the caseworker shd be fine.. and also it is clear that u did distance education n that is recognized by PBS so i think u shd be good to go.. n apply..

if u want to make sure or reconfirm pls wait for others responses..

krishna1215

Travel history

Post by krishna1215 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi,
In my case I went abroad in 1996 (away from india) and worked in UAE/USA/Kuwait/Ireland. Do they expect all the information and details I visited india and when I went back again? That would be really though as its since 12 years.

Mvent,
I just mentioned lets say in my online applicatoin as 1998 - 2001 USA (working on H1b visa) like that . are they expecting the dates I went back to india and returned back again too.

krishna1215

Online application

Post by krishna1215 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Mvent,
I dint specify in online application that I would be providing the dates in supported document list, as you did . Is that OK if I attatch another List along with my application

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Travel history

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:48 pm

krishna1215 wrote:Hi,
In my case I went abroad in 1996 (away from india) and worked in UAE/USA/Kuwait/Ireland. Do they expect all the information and details I visited india and when I went back again? That would be really though as its since 12 years.

Mvent,
I just mentioned lets say in my online applicatoin as 1998 - 2001 USA (working on H1b visa) like that . are they expecting the dates I went back to india and returned back again too.

The question is:71- YOU STATED THAT YOU HAD TRAVELLED OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY. PLEASE GIVE THE APPROXIMATE DATE AND DURATION AND PURPOSE OF YOUR STAY/S

Yes, looks fine, you can put like March 1998 - February 2009. I have put all dates, with day, month, and year, as appeared in my passports. I made a table in word, first showing the latest abroad travel. But they just asked approximate, so it should not be a problem.
Last edited by mvent00 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Online application

Post by mvent00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 pm

If you were able to write all travel history in oline application form, then you do not need to worry about it. It is okay. In my case, that part was not sufficient, that is why I wrote that sentence.
krishna1215 wrote:Mvent,
I dint specify in online application that I would be providing the dates in supported document list, as you did . Is that OK if I attatch another List along with my application

krishna1215

missed one

Post by krishna1215 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Missed one entry of one country. due to space problems. May be i can mention that in cover letter saying

Attatched a document of travel dates as in Online application there was not suffficent space.

What do u say mvent .

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: missed one

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 am

krishna1215 wrote:Missed one entry of one country. due to space problems. May be i can mention that in cover letter saying

Attatched a document of travel dates as in Online application there was not suffficent space.

What do u say mvent .
Good idea, you can write it in cover letter. But you can also write it on the print out of online application form. It is possible to do so. Please see this link: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/onlineforms/20891907

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:38 am

@Krishna.. pls follow mvent00's suggestions, he covered it insideout..

@mvent00.. gr8 job mate..

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 pm

No doubt about it Ramesh. Infact he is the one who had cleared most of my questions posted till now.

May be UK embassy looks into more particular into applications applied from ASIA and not from European and American continent. Reason being all these documents like Education etc are already been verified to grant us visa's abroad. Thats my feeling. Not sure.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:27 pm

It is my pleasure guys :) . Good luck Krishna!!
tvn_ramesh wrote:@Krishna.. pls follow mvent00's suggestions, he covered it insideout..

@mvent00.. gr8 job mate..