ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Electronic Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raviskar

Electronic Bank Statements

Post by raviskar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 am

Hi Guys,

I am on HSMP visa and am applying for extension under Tier1 visa. I have some queries on the bank statements.

I receive only electronic bank statements from my salary bank account. I need to submit this bank statement as the second proof of my salary. When I asked for the official paper statement from the bank, they mentioned that it will be same as what I print.

The home office guidance notes on this is not very clear.

----------------------------
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

What do they mean by online accounts? Does the bank sending electronic bank statements also come under this?

I have got the electronic bank statements printed by myself and stamped(on every page) by the bank. Does it also need to be signed by them or do I any require any letter from them authenticating the statements?

Also, I have only quarterly statements, effectively there are 4 statements for the last 1 year. Would that be fine? And maintenance funds, I am showing another bank account as well, where I receive official paper statements? Will it cause any confusion?

Anyone has sent the electronic bank statements for the extension approved before? This is very urgent, as I am applying next week. Can someone please share their experience here,

Thanks,
Ravi.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Re: Electronic Bank Statements

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 am

raviskar wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on HSMP visa and am applying for extension under Tier1 visa. I have some queries on the bank statements.

I receive only electronic bank statements from my salary bank account. I need to submit this bank statement as the second proof of my salary. When I asked for the official paper statement from the bank, they mentioned that it will be same as what I print.

The home office guidance notes on this is not very clear.

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

What do they mean by online accounts? Does the bank sending electronic bank statements also come under this? Yes, that's fine. If you are receiving online statements for your bank/savings/current account then this falls under that.

I have got the electronic bank statements printed by myself and stamped(on every page) by the bank. Does it also need to be signed by them or do I any require any letter from them authenticating the statements? The stamp is good enough but a letter from the bank will add weight and remove all doubts.

Also, I have only quarterly statements, effectively there are 4 statements for the last 1 year. Would that be fine? And maintenance funds, I am showing another bank account as well, where I receive official paper statements? Will it cause any confusion? This is fine. There is no requirement that the statements have to be on a monthly basis only. You can also show the maintenance funds from a separate account which will have a separate statement. Just mention very clearly in the Cover Letter which account/statement is to be considered for which section, i.e., salary proof and maintenance funds proof.

Anyone has sent the electronic bank statements for the extension approved before? This is very urgent, as I am applying next week. Can someone please share their experience here. I had sent the normal paper statements I get from my bank each month, but there are many members on this forum who have sent online statements that were stamped along with a letter from the bank.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Regards,
crowbar6

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Crowbar,

Many thanks for your response.
Ravi: I have got the electronic bank statements printed by myself and stamped(on every page) by the bank. Does it also need to be signed by them or do I any require any letter from them authenticating the statements?

Crowbar: The stamp is good enough but a letter from the bank will add weight and remove all doubts.
What should be the format of the letter? Should it be just stating that the statement are authentic (or) should the letter state all the salary received in my account? I have asked for a letter to state my salary received in the account, but they are not sure on whether they could provide such a letter. They said they will verify and come back on this, but I doubt hey will provide this.

Thanks,
Ravi.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 pm

raviskar wrote:Hi Crowbar,

Many thanks for your response.
Ravi: I have got the electronic bank statements printed by myself and stamped(on every page) by the bank. Does it also need to be signed by them or do I any require any letter from them authenticating the statements?

Crowbar: The stamp is good enough but a letter from the bank will add weight and remove all doubts.
What should be the format of the letter? Should it be just stating that the statement are authentic (or) should the letter state all the salary received in my account? I have asked for a letter to state my salary received in the account, but they are not sure on whether they could provide such a letter. They said they will verify and come back on this, but I doubt hey will provide this.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Just ask them to give a generic letter which says that the statements issued by bank from dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy are genuine. Normally bank statements have page numbers which runs in a serial order each month so it would be good if the bank were to mention the page numbers in the letter. Alternatively, wait for other members to post and share a format for such a letter.
Regards,
crowbar6

raviskar

Post by raviskar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:31 am

Many thanks Crowbar. I managed to get a letter from the bank today.