ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Require Help Urgently

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k_sudha1
Newly Registered

Require Help Urgently

Post by k_sudha1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:45 am

Hi Every body,

I, am applying for HSMP . I want to Know whether my degree is compatibility with UK Masters Degree.

Course:- Msc (IT) ( Master in Science with Information technology as specialization)

University:- ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY, Guntur, A.P,India.

Mode:- Distance Education

Duration:- 2 years.

Year of Award:- 2009

Please let me know whether my degree is compatibility with UK Masters or not. Please Let me know how many marks I can score with this degree.

npanglia

Re: Require Help Urgently

Post by npanglia » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 am

Reach NARIC - narik.org.uk who will help you in comparing your degree..

Trust me no one else can answer that..

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:34 am

k_sudha1 wrote:Hi Every body,

I, am applying for HSMP . I want to Know whether my degree is compatibility with UK Masters Degree.

Course:- Msc (IT) ( Master in Science with Information technology as specialization)

University:- ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY, Guntur, A.P,India.

Mode:- Distance Education

Duration:- 2 years.

Year of Award:- 2009

Please let me know whether my degree is compatibility with UK Masters or not. Please Let me know how many marks I can score with this degree.
Is you degree and University name present in UKBA PBS calculator ? If yes, does it grant you points for the same ? If yes, then you are fine with claiming points on your degree.

If not, then as suggested by npanglia you would need NARIC to make assessment comparison of your degree.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

First of all use points based calculator and see if your degree gives you points for qualification. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator . If it does, you do not need NARIC letter. (Home Office Point based calculator contains data from NARIC)
npanglia wrote:Reach NARIC - narik.org.uk who will help you in comparing your degree..

Trust me no one else can answer that..

k_sudha1
Newly Registered

Require Help Urgently

Post by k_sudha1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:14 am

Yes, it is listed in PBS calculator Data Base.
is there any body got the NARIC clarification on this particular course earlier, Please respond ASAP.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:21 am

k_sudha1 wrote:Yes, it is listed in PBS calculator Data Base.
is there any body got the NARIC clarification on this particular course earlier, Please respond ASAP.
You dont need to worry if the PBS Calculator recognizes ur Univ n degree and gives you necesary points.. you are good to go from here and you dont need to chekc wtih NARIC DB seperately.. again..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am

k_sudha1 wrote:Yes, it is listed in PBS calculator Data Base.
You will be fine then. Don't worry about it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks Ramesh and Chetonjha for your inputs. My degree was there in PBS calculator. I never asked NARIC about it, and got points successfully in my Tier 1 application. Do not worry, go ahead!!