ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for MaintenanceFund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user_name

Documents required for MaintenanceFund

Post by user_name » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:10 am

Hi All,

I would like to confirm the document required to score points for maintenance fund.
My bank account is HSBC-UK.

I have received offcial bank statments-(company headed parer) by post on a quarterly basis.

I dont have a single bank statement (issued on a single date) which shows all bank statements throughout 3 months.

My bank statements are splitted across two periods.
For example:-
-->I need to claim maintenance for three months-July,Aug and Sept.
-->I have one bank statements issued on Sept.28th- this will cover all transactions from June.28st to Sept.28th
-->I have another bank statement issued on Oct.5th-this will cover all transations from Sept.29th to Oct.5th

1.Is this sufficient to claim points if I submit both these statements together?

2.Should I submit a single bank statement which cover July.1st to Sept.30th?

3.Should I get any original bank letter saying that "there is £800 for last 3 months" additionally?

If the answer to the question.1 is "yes",

4.Should I get bank seal on those statements?

Thanks in advance!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Documents required for MaintenanceFund

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:19 am

user_name wrote:Hi All,

I would like to confirm the document required to score points for maintenance fund.
My bank account is HSBC-UK.

I have received offcial bank statments-(company headed parer) by post on a quarterly basis.

I dont have a single bank statement (issued on a single date) which shows all bank statements throughout 3 months.

My bank statements are splitted across two periods.
For example:-
-->I need to claim maintenance for three months-July,Aug and Sept.
-->I have one bank statements issued on Sept.28th- this will cover all transactions from June.28st to Sept.28th
-->I have another bank statement issued on Oct.5th-this will cover all transations from Sept.29th to Oct.5th

1.Is this sufficient to claim points if I submit both these statements together?

2.Should I submit a single bank statement which cover July.1st to Sept.30th?

3.Should I get any original bank letter saying that "there is £800 for last 3 months" additionally?

If the answer to the question.1 is "yes",

4.Should I get bank seal on those statements?

Thanks in advance!
You can show your maintenance funds proof of Bank statements as monthly statements or quarterly statements.. they can be combination of statements of more than 3months.. it does not matter

the case worker will look into the latest 3months statements in ur case he will look from 6th July 09 - 5th oct 09 if your latest statement is dated 5th october..

You dont need letter from bank if your bank statements are ORIGINAL (ie) sent by bank to your home address..

user_name

Post by user_name » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 am

Thanks very much for your quick response.

Yes, I have received the statements @ my home address directly from the bank.
Can I assume that the answer to my 4th question is "NO"?

I just confused with PolicyGuidance (page:35) available @ http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

It says:
"The evidence to support persona savings for at least three months must be original, on the official letter-headed paper, or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation."

Thanks again!
You can show your maintenance funds proof of Bank statements as monthly statements or quarterly statements.. they can be combination of statements of more than 3months.. it does not matter

the case worker will look into the latest 3months statements in ur case he will look from 6th July 09 - 5th oct 09 if your latest statement is dated 5th october..

You dont need letter from bank if your bank statements are ORIGINAL (ie) sent by bank to your home address..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:51 am

user_name wrote:

I just confused with PolicyGuidance (page:35) available @ http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

It says:
"The evidence to support persona savings for at least three months must be original, on the official letter-headed paper, or stationery of the organisation and have the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation."
Yes the answer is NO u dont need to get them sealed/stamped if the bank statement are Original and has the following and is on the Official Letter headed paper..

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions covering the three month • period;

Stamp is required for the bold red above

user_name

Post by user_name » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 am

Thanks a lot.
Crystal clear!!
tvn_ramesh wrote:
user_name wrote:

It says:
Yes the answer is NO u dont need to get them sealed/stamped if the bank statement are Original and has the following and is on the Official Letter headed paper..

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions covering the three month • period;

Stamp is required for the bold red above