ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I call my fiance to UK for marriage??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

successful
Newly Registered

Can I call my fiance to UK for marriage??

Post by successful » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:52 am

HI

I am about to get marriage in short future, but not intending to go to India for marriage. Is there any provision to call my would be wife here and get married to her here in UK. I am in UK under Tier 1 visa and living here for last 1 month.

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Can I call my fiance to UK for marriage??

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 am

She has to prove with documents that she is your dependent. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

successful wrote:HI

I am about to get marriage in short future, but not intending to go to India for marriage. Is there any provision to call my would be wife here and get married to her here in UK. I am in UK under Tier 1 visa and living here for last 1 month.

Regards

bani

Re: Can I call my fiance to UK for marriage??

Post by bani » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 am

successful wrote:HI

Regards
Yes, she can come here on a fiance visa.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... ilpartner/

successful
Newly Registered

Post by successful » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Without marriage, how can I show that she is my dependent????

@bani-------
I think the link you have provided is for the people who are in PR or ILR in UK and want to call their fiance there in UK............

Regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Your question is answered in the link Bani has provided.

He/she must show that:
â– you plan to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually six months); You have to show that you will be in relation within six months. i.e., marriage invitation cards, hotel booking for marriage, etc. as a proof.
â– you plan to live together permanently after you are married or have registered a civil partnership;
â– you have met each other; (can show photos, etc)
â– until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for him/her and any dependants to live without help from public funds (see Rights and responsibilities for more information on what this means); and
â– he/she and any dependants can be supported without working or having to get help from public funds.

successful wrote:Without marriage, how can I show that she is my dependent????

@bani-------
I think the link you have provided is for the people who are in PR or ILR in UK and want to call their fiance there in UK............

Regards

successful
Newly Registered

Post by successful » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:11 pm

But in the link it is written that 2 years visa will be granted if married; but for Tier 1 dependents visa is issued upto the period when the visa of Tier 1 holder expires. I think this link is for dependents of ILR or PR people living in UK who want to call their dependents from any part o the world..........

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 pm

The thing is that you should show the proof mentioned there. Normally dependent visa is valid for the same period as of the main applicant. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13774537
successful wrote:But in the link it is written that 2 years visa will be granted if married; but for Tier 1 dependents visa is issued upto the period when the visa of Tier 1 holder expires. I think this link is for dependents of ILR or PR people living in UK who want to call their dependents from any part o the world..........