ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Canada WHP if not a student from the UK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Spark
- thin ice -

Applying for Canada WHP if not a student from the UK

Post by Spark » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:23 pm

Could somebody please clarify something for me? Most of the websites I have seen stipulate that you need to be a gap year student or recent graduate to participate in the Canadian WHP with a UK passport, however the info on the Canadian embassy website states that there is also a General WHP for non-students/grads:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/un ... lang=eng#b

I left uni a few years ago without finishing my undergrad degree for personal reasons and went almost straight into a professional IT career from there, however I am interesting in working in Canada for a while and so is my partner who graduates next year.

If this information is correct, could anybody also please let me know when the applications for 2010 will open and whether or not a Japanese citizen would be able to apply through London or would her application need to go through Tokyo?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.