ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment confirmation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Payment confirmation

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Forum,

My application reached the Home office on Friday (9th October) morning.

I have given my wife's credit card details for payment. I was wondering which would be the quickest way to know if the payment went through or not.

I called the bank on Friday evening and they had no information on any attempted transaction.

Would it be better to call the Home Office directly? Would they confirm over the phone if they attempted payment and if it was successful?

Others with similar timelines, please update your status on this thread or on the relevant thread if there is a separate thread for timelines.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Payment confirmation

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:24 am

Generally, HO raise transaction request on the next working day(many times on same day too) of your application received date. I think you should see some transaction maybe on monday. Thats the fastest way to check as HO will only acknowledge the application once transaction go through fine. It is also a good idea to let bank know that you are expecting transaction from HO, so that bank do not block it even by mistake.

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Forum,

My application reached the Home office on Friday (9th October) morning.

I have given my wife's credit card details for payment. I was wondering which would be the quickest way to know if the payment went through or not.

I called the bank on Friday evening and they had no information on any attempted transaction.

Would it be better to call the Home Office directly? Would they confirm over the phone if they attempted payment and if it was successful?

Others with similar timelines, please update your status on this thread or on the relevant thread if there is a separate thread for timelines.

Regards

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks Chetan. I made my wife call them twice to make sure they noted it somewhere that this transaction should not be blocked.

But in the end they always add a disclaimer, that this system is automated so it may afterall block the transaction and you can call us back to unblock it, so I guess it will be an unknown till either I can see the transaction on the online statement, or call Home Office and get some status.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:38 am

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks Chetan. I made my wife call them twice to make sure they noted it somewhere that this transaction should not be blocked.

But in the end they always add a disclaimer, that this system is automated so it may afterall block the transaction and you can call us back to unblock it, so I guess it will be an unknown till either I can see the transaction on the online statement, or call Home Office and get some status.
I would say don't sweat on it. It will be fine. Chances of getting transaction block is very rare (unless it exceed your credit card limit).

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I sent my application which reached the HO on Friday 9 Oct. also.
I used postal order, i am yet to receive any acknowledgement.

If i dont get an acknowledgement/ref no before friday 16 oct, then i will start to worry. i will advise you to do the same. Its going to be fine. 8)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:03 pm

i wld suggest you to wait till this afternoon 4.xxish pm and check ur credicard account for any transcations.. and at the same time shd give HO 1-2days before sweating on it..

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey i had posted my application on 15th Sept. 16th They received it and my payment got deducted on 17th.

So they may take some time to deduct the money. I have one friend of mine whose payment was deducted on the fourth day.

So just give them some time before you panic.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17 pm

@ Inukonhsmp,

I just received my reference & acknowledgement letter from HO via the post.
Have you received yours?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi busybee,

Unfortunately I have not received anything at all from the HO.

I called them and they said they cant confirm about the payment, I need to speak to the bank. I called my bank but the transaction appears in their system in 2-3 days time after it is made so obviously they have no clue.

So apparently, paying by postal order is even faster than paying by credit card:), unless something went wrong with my payment!

Anyways no use speculating, just waiting for either something to appear in the credit card statement, or some communication from HO.

Good luck with your app busybee.

Cheers

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:39 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi busybee,

Unfortunately I have not received anything at all from the HO.

I called them and they said they cant confirm about the payment, I need to speak to the bank. I called my bank but the transaction appears in their system in 2-3 days time after it is made so obviously they have no clue.

So apparently, paying by postal order is even faster than paying by credit card:), unless something went wrong with my payment!

Anyways no use speculating, just waiting for either something to appear in the credit card statement, or some communication from HO.

Good luck with your app busybee.

Cheers
If you have used credit card and have access online, you can see reduction in available credit.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes, as gotcha says, the amount at "Available Credit" part is updated much more oftenly. It is not always easier to track that as you would be doing other transactions. Still might be useful as a deduction of £820 is obviously easily realisable.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes "gotcha" is right. i have checked royal mail website at 9 AM in the morning and it confirmed that my application is delivered and then i checked the available credit on my credit card and saw they have taken the money. It does take 3 working days to appear as a transaction but your credit is reduced straight away

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Hey gotcha,

How you doing, not heard from you in a long time.

Anyways, it does not work that way in LLoyds bank online credit card statements. I have heard it works that way for hsbc and many of my friends have been able to determine if their payments were successful using this method.

Alas!

Cheers

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:51 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hey gotcha,

Anyways, it does not work that way in LLoyds bank online credit card statements. I have heard it works that way for hsbc and many of my friends have been able to determine if their payments were successful using this method.

Alas!

Cheers
I'm fine !Thanks.

How are you ? All the best for your application.

prabhus14
Newly Registered

Post by prabhus14 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hey gotcha,

Alas!

Cheers
I have Lloyds too. You can ring them up and ask. It will take 3 days for the transaction to appear online, but your available balance will be reduced immediately after a successful transaction. Ask what your "available balance" is.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi Prabhus,

Thanks for the tip.

When I go online, there is a section in the left called Card details, in that there is a credit balance number, but for me it does not reflect the fees being debited, would it reflect in there, or would i have to call the bank for an update?

Regards