ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tw30
Newly Registered

visitor visa

Post by tw30 » Mon May 17, 2004 6:42 pm

hi
i want to act as a sponsor for my partner's brother so that he can come and visit his brother. i am a british passport holder, have enough money, and accommodation available. my partner is reluctant to act as a sponsor as he only has ELR immigration status. i feel that as my partner's brother is from iraq the application will be turned down on the assumption that the brother will not return to iraq after the visa finishes. this is not the brother's intention as he will be returning to iraq to take over his father's building business after his father's retirement in 6 months.
does anyone think it is worth while making an application? thank you for your help.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Mon May 17, 2004 10:23 pm

It's almost always worth trying, but as for the specifics, Iraq is certainly a country where no 'past knowledge' can assure future results. Your partner or the brother - or anyone else connected with Iraqi expat and domestic community - may want to inquire as to who was granted a UK visitor visa recently and see what profile do they fit, perhaps even learn the current consular and interview process from the informal angles...