ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swedish residence card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dell
Newly Registered

Swedish residence card

Post by dell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi,
I am from non EU married to EU citizen. My wife is masters student and I am a PhD student. She is registered with migration board. I am the one who is supporting both of us financially. Right now I am living on residence permit, I would like to change that to residence card. Do they reject my application coz, I am the one who is supporting financially both of us and not the other way round. I am just worried they may ask me to continue on stay on residence permit rather than residence card.
Did any of you guys applied for residence card and have similar experience.

dell
Newly Registered

Post by dell » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi,

If any one of you are residence card holders from Sweden, please do post reply.
Thank you

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:35 pm

dell wrote: If any one of you are residence card holders from Sweden, please do post reply.
And if we're not, then we shouldn't? :wink:

dell
Newly Registered

Post by dell » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Well, anybody who knows information can help me by replying :D

Tobbe

Post by Tobbe » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 am

Looking at "Utlänningsförordning (2006:97)" laying down the Swedish laws for immigration you should have no problems at all.

In chapter 4 see §9 5th which is how your wife got her residence card and §12 4 for your requirements.

Google translated so not the best but it is pretty accurate...
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

So the only requirement is for you to be married if she already got her card. Who is working doesn't seem to matter at all.

dell
Newly Registered

Post by dell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Tobbe wrote:Looking at "Utlänningsförordning (2006:97)" laying down the Swedish laws for immigration you should have no problems at all.

In chapter 4 see §9 5th which is how your wife got her residence card and §12 4 for your requirements.

Google translated so not the best but it is pretty accurate...
http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... n&ie=UTF-8

So the only requirement is for you to be married if she already got her card. Who is working doesn't seem to matter at all.
Thanks for information, My wife is registered with Migration board as EU national. I am soon going to apply for the residence card. Do you know how long is the residence card given for. I wanted to apply till 2013.