ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Int Student Advice me pls

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noneu
Newly Registered

Int Student Advice me pls

Post by noneu » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm

HI i am int student in ireland for 7 years finished my Bsc with distinction in IT, didnt get any job. anyway, married here to another non-eu (different country than me) student here; excepting baby soon. Just want to know will the baby will be irish and entitled to child benifits. can we apply residency here or apply leave to remain.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:34 pm

Check this link :
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... or_descent

It gives you most of the story.

" Other foreign national parents of children born in the island of Ireland on or after 1 January 2005 must prove that they have a genuine link to Ireland. This will be evidenced by being resident legally in the island of Ireland for at least 3 out of the previous 4 years immediately before the birth of the child. On proof of a genuine link to Ireland their child will be entitled to Irish citizenship and can apply for a certificate of nationality - see 'How to apply' below. "

Rest you can contact INIS.

Regards
Tiggs

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:03 pm

hi i know lots of non eu friends who are students here that cannot get stamp4 even with baby, because baby is not irish. some went to solicitor to immigrant council ireland still no use.

your best bet is to get a job and transfer your stamp 2 to stamp 1.
i know students who did it before from stamp 2 to stamp 1. you just need a company to sponsor you. but then again economic climate is not good at the moment, but if youre highly skilled you will be needed. good luck

noneu
Newly Registered

Genuine link!!!!???

Post by noneu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:44 pm

tiggs wrote:Check this link :
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... or_descent

It gives you most of the story.

" Other foreign national parents of children born in the island of Ireland on or after 1 January 2005 must prove that they have a genuine link to Ireland. This will be evidenced by being resident legally in the island of Ireland for at least 3 out of the previous 4 years immediately before the birth of the child. On proof of a genuine link to Ireland their child will be entitled to Irish citizenship and can apply for a certificate of nationality - see 'How to apply' below. "

Rest you can contact INIS.

Regards
Tiggs

HI TIGGS, MANY THANKS FOR REPLY.
JUST WANNA KNOW, WHAT ITS MEANS "GENUINE LINK"? I AM A BIT CONFUSED. AS I KNOW OUR TIME IN IRELAND AS NON EU STUDENT IS NOT RECKONABLE. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WE BOTH ARE LEGALL!!!!. THANKS.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:22 pm

i think it means a link to irish ancestry. relatives, parents, grandparents etc.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:27 pm

I got this from www.dfa.ie

here is the link:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=263

D - Where a parent is a non national, other than an EU/EEA/Swiss national.

The child will qualify for Irish citizenship if, at the time of the birth of the child in the island of Ireland, one of his/her parents had reckonable residence in the island of Ireland during the four years immediately preceding the birth of the child. Reckonable residence is regarded as residence where he/she had been lawfully resident in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years, or periods the aggregate of which is three years. Periods of unlawful residence, periods of residence which were for the sole purpose of having an application for refugee status determined or periods of residence where permission was granted for the purposes of study are excluded from the determination of periods of reckonable residence.
The following documentation will be required :

- The Child's Long Form Birth Certificate.

- The Registration Card issued by the GNIB

- The Passport of that parent [The parent should also provide a detailed letter of explanation along with the passport indicating which pages contain Immigration stamps covering periods of reckonable residence].

If the Passport Office is unable to confirm the parent’s 3 years reckonable residence from the passport the parent will require to obtain a letter from GNIB, Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 setting out their residence history and confirming their reckonable residency qualification.