ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born baby FLR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

New Born baby FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:01 pm

Hi all,

I've got my FLR(IED) and now I need to get my son's HSMP dependent visa. Has any one experience such a scenario at all?

I don't know which form should I need to fill in?

Thanks !

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:50 pm

If your son was born in the UK the form to use is FLR(O).

You need to use it but might be shocked by the price of application. Certainly apply by post unless they is any hurry to get him his visa.

Obviously your son needs his passport before an application for a UK visa can be made.

If you son was born outside the UK then use form VAF1.
John

FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:59 pm

Thanks John !
I just talked to FLR (O) team and found out that I'll have to pay £335 by post or £500 for premium service. I need to use premium service so will spend the bigger amount as I need the visa in 20 days and their regular service might take more time.

- Will they stamp visa for 3 years ?
- what are your suggestions?

Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi, your son's visa will have exactly the same expiry date as your own visa.

If you need a speedy service then you will need to pay £500 and go along in person to a PEO.
John

FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 pm

Hi John,

Do you have any idea as to how much time does their regular service take? On the form, they've mentioned the time period of 4 - 14 weeks but I'm not sure if this much time is actually needed.

As I believe my son's visa is very straight forward visa, I've valid visa, all the docs ready, and more over, my wife visa took just 4 days to take FLR(IED).

Please share your ideas.

Thanks !

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:24 pm

I think the problem is that by post there are no guarantees. It could take just days, or it could take "4-14 weeks".

If you need the visa in your son's passport urgently then for peace of mind it might be worth paying the extra £165 ... £500 instead of £335.

Is there a plan for your son to travel internationally in the near future?
John

FLR

Post by FLR » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:36 pm

Yes, I want to send them back to native country for few months in first week of December. I'll have to pay extra amount + take the day off and travel to the place which I don't know.

I wanted to know if some one would've experience of FLR(O) and would know the time it usually takes.

Thanks John !