ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Got Request for additional documents in hand after 5 mon

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 pm

cool_ire wrote:Dear All,

I applied for Naturalisation based on 5 years countinues work/ IBC status in Oct 2007.

I was in India since Aug this year for a long vaction and have comeback last week.

I got the Request for additional documents from Naturalization section in my hand after 5 months. The letter was posted in April 2009 and somehow it got dropped in wrong address. Now since the gentleman/ lady from that address was good he/she dropped it into my postbox I dont know when? may be during my absence. I am not sure why it was not dropped in april but now?

My question here is since the letter was asking for the P21, Most recent payslips and Bank Stmt and it is mentioned in the letter that my application will be processed further only after receiving the requested documents. Shall I send them the requested payslips and Bank stmt from Say Jan 2009 till Sep 2009 or do I have to send them current 3 months details only? Also Do you think I need to mention in a cover letter the above reason for delay in sending the requested documents to them?

Appreciate you kind advices and guidence in this matter.

Regards
AK.
how long were you out of the country for, when?

if it was more than eg two - three months say nothing about being away from the country if you can. i don't want to worry you but the department may not be too keen on knowing that you were out of the country for a long period of time, particularily the IBC Unit (assuming its ibc 05 scheme as part of the conditions is a strong link of continous residency), which if I am correct, is normally up for renewal in 2010. i know you met the criteria etc as of 2007, but as you know, the department want to be certain an applicant intends to live in ireland and not some easy chance of "using" irish citizenship eg enjoying EU rights. don't give them reasons for saying no. (please, again, i dont want to worry you but play it cool)

if you were simply on holiday for less than a month nd a half, don't worry/

all is not lost.

when returning the letter, explain your delay, mention that the letter was sent to the wrong address and explain that you recently only got it from neighbour. did you change address? what was the address on the april letter? if you changed address confirm new one and simply apologise if not keeping them informed of address. and apologise for any inconvenience etc ( i know that sounds daft but be polite etc) say nought about being out of the country if you can as it was, you did not receive it in august 09 anyway.

if you have documents to show you were residing between april 09 and now great send them. eg ultility bills, payslips p21 etc that will be good.at least they won't ask questons or be suspicious of the delay, you are giving proof that the delay was not your fault / out of your control. will bank statements and payslips say anything about you being out of the country in the situation that you were out for more than a month or so? (i take it you were on annual leave either way so you should be fine)

be on the safe side, send them everything from April 09 to now, make sure it gives the impression you were in ireland, after all they have not asked for the passport (and wont). do not mention you were out of the country if you were out of the country for a long time! hopefully you will have utility bills etc to cover your self.

bottom line if you have proofs continous residency in the state for period of april 09 to use them. no not mention you were out of the state.

however, if thats not possible or you could not be bothered,another person did mention simply send the what the letter asks for along with an explanation that you did not receive the letter. that should be ok

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 pm

EBS wrote:
HSE wrote: congratulations EBS,

would you mind telling us about ur documentation three times with INIS as usually its one soft correspondence that what did they three different times.i was asked in june 08 and thats it. cheers mate
Thanks everybody, i got appointment in the Court on 21 Oct 09.

I also read horrible stories about CERT waiting time, of 2 mths, is it true?

That's great to hear about your appointment EBS,

I am heading tomorrow, 07 th to take Oath.

BDSK

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:38 am

Any update re mid 07 applicants?
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

EBS

Post by EBS » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 pm

BDSK2003 wrote:
EBS wrote:

would you mind telling us about ur documentation three times with INIS as usually its one soft correspondence that what did they three different times.i was asked in june 08 and thats it. cheers mate

BDSK
Hi BDSK,

Where did you go? did it all work ok for you?

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm

EBS wrote:
BDSK2003 wrote:
EBS wrote:

BDSK
Hi BDSK,

Where did you go? did it all work ok for you?

Bray District Court. Everything worked out well. Now another wait for Certificate for 4 to 8 weeks.

1st Wed of every month, one can take oath if he/she is living in the juristriction of Bray Town.

Another lady was there who applied in Jan 2008 and her application approved few weeks ago !!!!!.

BDSK
Last edited by BDSK2003 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:31 pm

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Any news from 06 applicants? .. I applied mid-06 and still waiting in the final stage of processing whatever that it is !! .. Any update who got approvals recently will be appreciated by those who are still waiting ..

Thanks

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:47 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Any news from 06 applicants? .. I applied mid-06 and still waiting in the final stage of processing whatever that it is !! .. Any update who got approvals recently will be appreciated by those who are still waiting ..

Thanks
Hi,

Good few of us got our approval letters last month who are from 2006. if you go back few posts in this thread, you will know in more details.

Good Luck and you don't have to wait too long..

BDSK

yelims

Post by yelims » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Well it has happened :twisted: i got the approval letter on the eve of my 14th year here, 5-6years since my first application :0 and 37 months since 2nd time i applied

off to court in morning to book a time

so thats me off the list

the worst part of this all, i was so busy the last week the letter spend the better part of the week in postbox before i noticed :shock:

:) of to get a bottle of champagne now me thinks :)

wish the best of luck to any 06'ers (or earlier?) i can honestly say this is the most drawn heart wrenching out process ever

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 pm

yelims wrote:Well it has happened :twisted: i got the approval letter on the eve of my 14th year here, 5-6years since my first application :0 and 37 months since 2nd time i applied

so thats me off the list

the worst part of this all, i was so busy the last week the letter spend the better part of the week in postbox before i noticed :shock:

wish the best of luck to any 06'ers (or earlier?) i can honestly say this is the most drawn heart wrenching out process ever
I can hear the Champane bottle poping sound here.. great news. Good news at last for you. Get in phone Get in Que for Appointment. Good luck all you waiting!!

crown

Post by crown » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm

yelims wrote:Well it has happened :twisted: i got the approval letter on the eve of my 14th year here, 5-6years since my first application :0 and 37 months since 2nd time i applied

so thats me off the list

Congrats

HSE

Post by HSE » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am

yelims wrote:
Well it has happened i got the approval letter on the eve of my 14th year here, 5-6years since my first application :0 and 37 months since 2nd time i applied

so thats me off the list

congrats yelims.... can i ask u mate, what was the reason which make u ends up applying twice rather than just one time.?
Enjoy.....

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:15 am

HSE wrote:
congrats yelims.... can i ask u mate, what was the reason which make u ends up applying twice rather than just one time.?
Enjoy.....
oh my first application was bundled with my parents (we all applied at same time) who in late 90s 4years before first application availed of a back to work grant, and since have run a successful chain of businesses

see here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#221093 my original post, the whole thing was incredibly unfair on me, but there are no appeals

that was in 2005 was refused after waiting 3 years, so applied again in 2006 on my own and just got it there

i myself run own business and never was on dole or any form of welfare or even got a parking ticket in last dozen years, the faster i can get passport then i can travel more easily and expand business

anyways went to court today, will have to wait until december now :? for the declaration

will keep yee all updated, the never ending struggle...

oh my parents who applied few months after me are still waiting as well :(

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:00 pm

yelims wrote:
anyways went to court today, will have to wait until december now :? for the declaration

will keep yee all updated, the never ending struggle...

oh my parents who applied few months after me are still waiting as well :(
Try some country courts, some of them will take you earlier than that. Wexford (Ardcavan) and Nenagh were particularly friendly, understanding and accomodating. Make it clear to them you're from Dublin though, and the reason you ringing them is the long waiting time in Dublin.

Good Luck!

mad

Mixed messages from INIS

Post by mad » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi!

I just spkoe with a rather nice lady in INIS today. I wad told a few months ago that my social report had come back but my Garda report was awaited. But when I called them in august I was told my Garda report was also back. However, I called them again today and I was told that my Garda report is at hand but social report is still awaited. I wonder what's going on. What do you guys think is happening guys?

jhbmike

Re: Mixed messages from INIS

Post by jhbmike » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

mad wrote:Hi!

I just spkoe with a rather nice lady in INIS today. I wad told a few months ago that my social report had come back but my Garda report was awaited. But when I called them in august I was told my Garda report was also back. However, I called them again today and I was told that my Garda report is at hand but social report is still awaited. I wonder what's going on. What do you guys think is happening guys?
Exact same thing was done to me as well as a couple of other people on this forum. Lady is just fobbing you off and trying to get you off the phone. My advice is to stop calling them. Forget about it or it will drive you mad. Dont worry,It will come.

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:31 pm

CONGRATS!!!! yelims,

What court did you go to? i rang to Dolphin House, and got an appointment on 21 oct, no probs, was trying country's courts, most of them sent me back " go to Dublin love"

can i be irish
Newly Registered

council house

Post by can i be irish » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Dear Friends, as i have applied for my natueralisation one year ago and now i got one year stamp 4 due to new law on 5 year work permit, i want to ask can i apply for council house or will it affect my application i dont think its any burden or any kind of benefit from the govt. pls suggest me and i m sorry if i ask my question on wrong link
cheers

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:41 pm

EBS wrote:CONGRATS!!!! yelims,

What court did you go to? i rang to Dolphin House, and got an appointment on 21 oct, no probs, was trying country's courts, most of them sent me back " go to Dublin love"
im currently living in west went to galway court, moved from Dublin few years back
can i be irish wrote:Dear Friends, as i have applied for my natueralisation one year ago and now i got one year stamp 4 due to new law on 5 year work permit, i want to ask can i apply for council house or will it affect my application i dont think its any burden or any kind of benefit from the govt. pls suggest me and i m sorry if i ask my question on wrong link
cheers
it might, dont give them any reasons to refuse you, its not worth it

the whole system stinks imho :(

crown

Re: council house

Post by crown » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm

can i be irish wrote:Dear Friends, as i have applied for my natueralisation one year ago and now i got one year stamp 4 due to new law on 5 year work permit, i want to ask can i apply for council house or will it affect my application i dont think its any burden or any kind of benefit from the govt. pls suggest me and i m sorry if i ask my question on wrong link
cheers
I have a friend who had got and still living in a council house but always working and both he and his wife were given citizenship I think what matters is if you are working. No welfare benefits, though. This is just my opinion based on the people I have seen that they have given
Crown

mad

Post by mad » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks a lot for good advice jhbmike.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Congratulations yelims!!!

Darkhorse

Re: council house

Post by Darkhorse » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 am

cheers
I don't have the answer but offer you some support.
You have another 2 years of waiting, but they should have no reason to refuse your application. Don't give up. You have worked here for 5 years (very hard in most foreigner case). You earn it.
Just to make it easier, try to get a job asap.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 pm

I was waiting for my LTR approval letter and today , instead i got letter for my citizenship application and it said to send documents p21, bank statement and copy garda card. is this good news? i mean they cant deny me because for example i have not enough stamps etc.

QUESTION:
thus this mean only my garda and social welfare report needs to be checked?

anyway i got stamp 4 already for a year (new rules - nearly 7 years of working hard and still working thank God!)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:21 pm

smalltime, it looks that you have the 5 years reckonable residence in the country. they will check your garda report and social welfare. that can take about 6 months, or in other words, a long time as per people on this board.