ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa overstay

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imagesmith
Newly Registered

visa overstay

Post by imagesmith » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi I have an Australian passport, I have been traveling in mainland Europe for over a year and have overstayed my visa in France. I have no stamps in my passport except entering Corfu, Greece six months ago as I travelled by yacht. My passport expires in another month or so. Would it be best to just renew my passport then leave? I was going to leave from Geneva. Will there be any problems doing this?

meats
BANNED

Re: visa overstay

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:09 am

imagesmith wrote:Hi I have an Australian passport, I have been traveling in mainland Europe for over a year and have overstayed my visa in France. I have no stamps in my passport except entering Corfu, Greece six months ago as I travelled by yacht. My passport expires in another month or so. Would it be best to just renew my passport then leave? I was going to leave from Geneva. Will there be any problems doing this?
If you haven't left the Schengen zone then you wouldn't have any stamps in your passport anyway.

As to whether you'll have trouble leaving, who knows. You've overstayed by a long time if you've been in mainland Europe for over a year and it depends on what mood the immigration officer is in when you trundle along having knowingly overstayed your welcome. You might just get told not to do it again, maybe a fine, maybe a ban. It depends on what mood the officer is in.