ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bazzy_1

Re: :)

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Jjay wrote:hi guys,

Yes he did need a letter which i provided, i emailed him a month ago and there was no information for him to give me, then emailed him again on friday and he came back with the news today.

I hope we get docs back quickly cant wait!!!!!
Hi,

Can you message me a copy of that letter please?
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:42 pm

hi Jjay,

congrats, thats fantastic news. i hope my MP gets some good news soon too.

Jjay
Newly Registered

Post by Jjay » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Was794 i hope you are well and family is doing well was really sorry to hear about your father. Keep posting to let us know you still ok.

Bazzy,

its the same template Was794 sent to you a few weeks back.

You have to send your MP a permision form so they can forward this onto the home office to get information. If the applicant is in pakistan they will only accept copies that have been posted or faxed directly to them from Pakistan.

Permission Form

Name …………(NAME OF THE APPLICANT)

Passport Number ……………………………………………………

Home Address …………………………(ADDRESS OF THE APPLICANT)…………………………….

………………………………………………………………….

…………………………………………………………………..

I have instructed my Member of Parliament, Mr (INSERT YOUR MP's NAME HERE) MP, to act on my behalf in this matter and would be grateful if you would send any correspondence or documents to the address of my MP.

I am happy for the information to be given to my husband (INSERT YOUR NAME HERE) of (INSERT YOUR ADDRESS HERE)

Signed ………………………(SIGNED BY THE APPLICANT)

Date ……………………………………………………………..

hope this helps

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Hey Jjay - I also received an email from my MP about 3-4 weeks ago to tell me "the Visa was authorised and just needed to be written and dispatched" back to my wife. WOOOHOOO!

It was authorised on the 10th of Sept and still no sign of the Passport. My wife's cousin received his passport last week and he is a student, so I have a feeling they may be prioritising Students to get them in time for classes.

But, I am chasing my MP up now for them find out from the UKBA where my wife's Passport is.... Hopefully will get some positive news soon.

Its been 18 weeks in total since application was submitted

Keep in touch Guys!

Riz

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Jjay

Did your wife fill in the blanks on the permission form in handwriting and sign it or was it typed and sent to your MP?

I was thinking of sending it typed to my wife so she just signs the form and sends it to the MP.
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:43 am

hey everyone

My husband emailed ukhub yestrday requesting information about the status of his application. he recived an reply about an hour later telling him that the application is processed and he will have to wait for Gerrys to contact him. So I wander what the decision is.....Inshallah its positive. I think the wait is still long, as people like rizzy who have had confirmation about visas being issued in september are still waiting to collect there passports.
My hubby applied on the 22nd June
I have asked my MP to email them too, maybe he will get a definite answer in terms of the visa being issued or rejected.

One things for sure they are definitly replying to email queries faster than before.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 am

Hi Sahdi,

My wife has emailed them twice in 3 weeks, still no reply.
It has been 15 weeks since she applied for her visa.
So i emailed them yesterday and i am still waiting for a response.
Inshallah they will reply.
Regards,

Baz

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 am

out of curiosity...the applicants who have been to thier MP...

are they labour mps or conservatives?

and what exactly have they been able to do ?

was794

Post by was794 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 am

Hello to all...

Revolution !! - The MP's cant really do anything to approve the application they can possibly speed up the process by using there contacts at the home office - at the least they can get an accurate status update of the application for you...
My MP was conservative and was very helpfull, not that i have ever voted for them...
Good luck with the revolution !!!!

My MP got back to me few weeks ago telling me my wifes application has been aproved on the 08/09/09 and it will be "some time" for my wife to actually get her passport back from Gerry's - been over a month and she is still waiting...

QURAN surah 21:30- Are they not aware that the heavens and the earth used to be one solid mass and We exploded them out?And that out of water We made every living thing?

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 pm

My own MPs office has been chasing my application for 9 weeks....

only to be told they are doing further checks....

what a joke...

EVERYONE needs to ESCALATE thier issues to thier MP so they can see the mess new labour has made

Post by 2036789 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:52 am

revolution when did you apply what vac and what type of visa was it
MM

Jjay
Newly Registered

:)

Post by Jjay » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:43 pm

where is everyone?

any updates, any status change, any email response????????

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Hubby applied 13/08 since then had no response status shows forwarded to Islamabad oc… since day one! sent an email to UKHUB a week ago no response I guess it’s because it hasn’t been 12weeks I wonder how much longer im gonna have to wait it so emotionally draining a long distant relationship. :(

iffy
Newly Registered

Re: :)

Post by iffy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Jjay wrote:where is everyone?

any updates, any status change, any email response????????
hi!!!
jjay u still online mate

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 pm

RaniG wrote:Hubby applied 13/08 since then had no response status shows forwarded to Islamabad oc… since day one! sent an email to UKHUB a week ago no response I guess it’s because it hasn’t been 12weeks I wonder how much longer im gonna have to wait it so emotionally draining a long distant relationship. :(
well RaniG i hav aplied on same date 13/08 and no response yet :(

hello
Newly Registered

Post by hello » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:52 pm

hello everyone,i applied for settlement from lahore vac on 31 july and no response yet,i called so many times to vac they always say ur application is under process at BHC isl .i dont know wats going on if the IT problem is solved and they have said will give quick response in processing then for what they are waiting for,its painful they are spoiling are life.

learner007

Finger Scanning again after 3 months of waiting

Post by learner007 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi All

After contacting UKHUB and BHC on several occassions,my husband got the following email from BHC Islamabad..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry which has been forwarded to the concerned officer to look into the matter. There could be a technical problem in capturing the finger scanning due to which the application process has been delayed. I have asked the concerened officer to locate the application and inform the applicant about a date for re-capturing finger scanning. Please wait patiently to be contacted through Gerry's in due course. I apologise for the inconvenience casued due to this delay.

Yours truly

Visa Correspondence Section | UK Border Agency, International Group (Pakistan) | British High Commission, Islamabad | * e-mail: visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk | www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Visit our blogs at http://blogs.fco.gov.uk
P Help save paper - do you need to print this e-mail?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 October 2009 20:37
To: Islamabad Visa Enquiries
Subject: FW: Lost/Missing Passport

Dear colleague

Please deal with the query below as this is regarding a lost passport/application and the UKVS do not hold this documents or deal with their submission

Mike

UK Visa Section, UK Border Agency, Home Office, 7th Floor, Apollo House, Croydon CR9 3RR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Abu Dhabi Duty ECO (Restricted) Sent: 04 October 2009 06:37
To: UKHUB - PAKISTAN General Enquiries (Conf); UKHUB - PAKISTAN General Enquiries (Conf)
Subject: FW: Lost/Missing Passport

Hi

Please deal with this settlement enquiry.

Thank you

Dave Robins,Duty ECO

NOW on the other hand

Our Mp wrote on 30th September(7 days before E-mail sent by UKHUB TO British High Commission Islamad)

Dear Mr xxxxxx

I have now spoken further with the UK Visas MPs' helpline.

I understand that your application has now been traced to the UK Hub in London, where settlement applications are dealt with. I am further told that these take about 12 weeks to process, so you should hear the outcome shortly.

I am glad that we have been able to ascertain the stage that your application has reached, but sadly there is nothing further that Mr xxxxxxxxxx can do to speed the normal process up.

I hope that you have some good news shortly.

-------------------------------------------------------

I dont know who has lied here as according to MP it had been traced which was 30th septemeber

Then why UKHUB contacted BHC Islamabad on 7th October advising them that they dont hold info about my husband's application.

That means they lied to our mp ..........i dont know who is right and who is wrong.I am so confused .............

Thease people are playing games with us

learner007

Post by learner007 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:34 pm

God forbid if he has to do the finger scan again does that mean he will have to wait another 3months??

Anyone had this experience before about finger scanning??

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Na Na
dnt worry it wont take 3 months u will hav to wait for 2 or 3 weeks after new finger prints inshaallah my frnd got his pasport in 16 days after gving new biomatrics chers up ;)

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Just a quick question a little irrelevant but does anyone know how I can stop myself from visiting this and other immigration forums every 10-15 minutes. I am constantly logging on to see if anyones had any news. I can’t help it I sometimes feel I have no control over it.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Just a quick question a little irrelevant but does anyone know how I can stop myself from visiting this and other immigration forums every 10-15 minutes. I am constantly logging on to see if anyones had any news. I can’t help it I sometimes feel I have no control over it.
You aren't by any chance from Karachi ,are you?? :P

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 pm

RaniG wrote:Just a quick question a little irrelevant but does anyone know how I can stop myself from visiting this and other immigration forums every 10-15 minutes. I am constantly logging on to see if anyones had any news. I can’t help it I sometimes feel I have no control over it.
dont worry I got the same problem as you I find myself constantly checking this and another forum and the status, immigration status syndrome.
MM

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm

@2036789 I know i hate it it's driving me crazy

@Batley im from UK

Safina1

passport

Post by Safina1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:44 pm

is any1 here waiting for their partner to receive their passport after an allowed appeal? its been nearly 5 months for me and even thou my mp wrote to them - the msg i'm getting is the same - its in a loooonnnnnggggg queue. if any1 knws of sum1 who handed derz in arnd june and has gt it bac cud u let me knw plz. xx

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Safina

I think your post needs to be here.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=39761

Read my comments on there, they might be able to help you