ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In need of extremely urgent advice !!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yirshad
Newly Registered

In need of extremely urgent advice !!!

Post by yirshad » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 pm

Can someone help me. I have got my visa today and university has refused to extend my joining date from 19th Oct. They have offered me to enroll in jan 2010 session.
My questions are:
Can I utilize this visa for jan session as well ?
Can I extend my stay as per completion of my application ?
Will this have any bearing on me being granted entry at UK ?
It is necessary to inform that attending on 19th is virtually impossible for me.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Re: In need of extremely urgent advice !!!

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:25 pm

yirshad wrote:Can someone help me. I have got my visa today and university has refused to extend my joining date from 19th Oct. They have offered me to enroll in jan 2010 session.
My questions are:
Can I utilize this visa for jan session as well ? yes you can
Can I extend my stay as per completion of my application ? not sure about it
Will this have any bearing on me being granted entry at UK ? it may or it may not
It is necessary to inform that attending on 19th is virtually impossible for me. to whom you want to inform? university ...they dont care?
i had the same situation like you, i missed my session like you, so what i did as step 1 get the admission for the next available session, now you may have 5-6 months gap before your new session starts. so to fill this gap get admission in some other course like English language course or any other course in the same uni or different uni where you dont need to pay for this course, i hope you are getting my point.

once you get the admission in english language , come to UK, at heathrow airport if immigration officer ask you why you are here so early you can tell them that bcoz you need to take english language course. i did the same

infact what happended with me , it took me more then a month to get admission in english language course from the start of my visa date, and immigration officer asked me why i came so late as my visa start date was a month ago, i told him that university took long time to send me the papers for my language course.

good luck

yirshad
Newly Registered

Post by yirshad » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Thx Nabeel.
I have informed to my college that I can't join and they offered to enroll me for jan 2010 session. My college is LSBF and can you tell me how can I not pay for language classes and how long these classes last ? Moreover I have scored 7 in IELTS; so I will be able to join the language learning sessions ?
How can I check if my college is offering such solutions ?
Again thanking in advance.