ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice period for being made redundant / resignation. Same?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Notice period for being made redundant / resignation. Same?

Post by new~b0y » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,

I'm asking this question on behalf of my wife. A little bit of the background story here:

She's currently working in the UK on WP. Recently her company is going through restructuring and it is very likely that she will be laid off. Even if she's not, she is thinking of resigning as she's not happy with the company.

My question is, will the notice period for her to leave the country be the same for both situation: made redundant and self-resignation? She needs to know how long can she stay in the UK before going back to our home country to submit a fresh application as my dependant.

Thank you very much!

meats
BANNED

Re: Notice period for being made redundant / resignation. Sa

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 pm

new~b0y wrote:Hi,

I'm asking this question on behalf of my wife. A little bit of the background story here:

She's currently working in the UK on WP. Recently her company is going through restructuring and it is very likely that she will be laid off. Even if she's not, she is thinking of resigning as she's not happy with the company.

My question is, will the notice period for her to leave the country be the same for both situation: made redundant and self-resignation? She needs to know how long can she stay in the UK before going back to our home country to submit a fresh application as my dependant.

Thank you very much!
Depends on the company as per how long the notice period for resigning is, but they are usually both 30 days.

new~b0y
Newly Registered

Post by new~b0y » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:08 pm

meats wrote:
Depends on the company as per how long the notice period for resigning is, but they are usually both 30 days.
Her HR gave her the impression that notice period given by the Home Office will be different. But her HR couldn't give her a definite answer.

So, let me get this straight, it doesn't matter if she resign or made redundant, she will get a letter from HO stating the same notice period after the HR informs the HO?

Thanks.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm

new~b0y wrote:
meats wrote:
Her HR gave her the impression that notice period given by the Home Office will be different. But her HR couldn't give her a definite answer.

So, let me get this straight, it doesn't matter if she resign or made redundant, she will get a letter from HO stating the same notice period after the HR informs the HO?

Thanks.
Ah sorry i misread what you asked. The 30 days is the notice period for the company. Not too sure about the HO sorry but if she's leaving the country anyway then just go before the HO issue a notice.