ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

..plz help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrneo

..plz help!

Post by mrneo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm

HI,
Last edited by mrneo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: NO Utility bill as proof of accommodation..plz help!

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:57 pm

tejomon wrote:HI,
I am living in a shared flat. I am planning to bring my wife as Dependant. But unfortunately i dont have any Utility bills on my name.. all i have tenancy agreement + a letter from Landlord [ estate agent ] stating the condition and suitability of my current accomodation. I have my bank statements and pay slips on this address for last 4 months. i have receipts of rent but gave it cash in hand.
Are u not paying for gas, electric etc? If not is it included in rent (unlikely in UK)
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Last edited by mrneo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:36 pm

tejomon wrote:yes wanderer rent is everything included and landlord paying the bills
Well a letter rom the landlord with the lease showing he pays the utility bills etc.

Who's paying the Council tax? To me it does sound a bit dodgy, u need to cover all aspects, make sure u have all the proofs.

Wish I could get a place like urs!!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Or you could have a BT landline installed in your name. :idea:
They send out some sort of statement pretty quickly after you apply. Or do they not do that anymore? (They used to, when we were living in there).

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 pm

Last edited by mrneo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:37 pm

tejomon wrote:SORRY I SUPPOED TO SAY SHARED HOUSE NOT SHARED FLAT, MY FAULT.I AM USING ONE OF THE 4 DOUBLE ROOMS IN IT. so the landlord pays everything..we have wirelless internet for all. so didint worry about bt yet.. :cry:
I you havent worried about BT yet? then you should start soon. Get your utility bills sorted before its too late. BT, VIRGIN any company will give you a phone line. You said you have bank statements so that is second one. A landloard's letter and a Agency contract should be enough with your payslips. In addition you can ask your employer to give you a letter confirming your address and position within the conpany.

Hope it covers all the areas.
KESH

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 pm

HI,
I have d same question.I am applying for PR basing on we have lived together for 5 years.I have all other bills and letters from estate agents.Only problem is when we 1st started living together,we rented a room and didn't pay any bills,however i have a tenancy agreement(ordinary DIY one bought from WHSmith like) and my society passbook.My other half worked but never changed address on payslips as they were given in hand instead of posted.We were quite new in UK and din't understand all this.Apart from this period we have every single bill and tenancy agreement,Do you think that tenancy agreement for first 6 months and passbook(only in my name)would be ok??please advice.thanks

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:01 am

What about bank statements? They are normally accepted as proof of address.

Register with GP locally and see if you can get some sort of letter.
Join a gym - they normally send some letters.

Some mobile networks like Three send statements, don't know if you have to request it.

Coming back to your question when applying for PR under EU rules they don't normally ask for proof of cohabitation. If you submit your wife's latest payslips better make sure they got right address though.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:48 am

According to the website you only need to provide "one or more of the following", so your tenancy agreement should be enough (although everything you send will help)

also, for suitability, call your local housing standards department as they can send someone to do an Entry Clearence Housing Inspection to give you a certificate / letter about the suitability of the accommodation

bobbysatya4u

Post by bobbysatya4u » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Coming back to your question when applying for PR under EU rules they don't normally ask for proof of cohabitation. If you submit your wife's latest payslips better make sure they got right address though.
Thx BLK235
I have all recent bills and payslips on our current adress,its just the first 6months when we started living together?and could you please clearify more on EU rules you mentioned.How would home office count the time we lived together if i don't provide the proof of our cohabitation ??may b i m missing smthing here.Thx