ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Thank God Guy.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

The Thank God Guy.

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Seems to have disappeared again, what is happening? Are we not denied our opinions, our moderators have tacitly agreed the the OP was ok to break the law, shall I post the evidence? I have it. It's called a 'cache'...

Deleting threads wont shut us up.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:54 pm

I find this censorship of valid comment extremely disturbing.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:56 pm

UKBAbble wrote:I find this censorship of valid comment extremely disturbing.
Ditto.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:59 pm

UKBAbble wrote:I find this censorship of valid comment extremely disturbing.
Me too, I admit the original focus has been lost now, it's of no consequence, the issue now is one of censorship, ok, we are not lawyers, we have opinion and enjoy a debate, I love it when I'm proved wrong, look at my post history, it happens a lot. I learn.

I've been here ages I've never seen threads culled like this, seems like a cover up of a mods ill-thought remark and i have the cached evidence but to be honest, what's it worth?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Wanderer wrote:
UKBAbble wrote: i have the cached evidence but to be honest, what's it worth?
Large portion of fish and chips.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

meats wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Not my quote

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:08 pm

UKBAbble wrote:
meats wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Not my quote
Sorry my bad! Need to brush up on my quoting skills!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:38 am

I think it is the duty of the moderators to delete a threads as and when they see fit, especially when the thread seeks to foment dissent, incite discord, and vilify members of the forum.

Can i remind you guys, that moderators do a fabulously noble job for which they are not being paid. There presence ensures the smooth running of the forum.

They should, under no circumstances be subjected to a right wing witch hunt. They are free to express their views, even if it doesn't conform to some of our narrow minded preconceived expectations.

I remember reading the thread carefully, and could not find any evidence that the OP was encouraged to carry out further criminal act or engage in criminal conduct, to the contrary. He was advised to be more sensible in future, which i don't see any problem with.

If the judge deem it right to overturn the HO refusal, and the HO did not appeal against it, then i see no reason why the guys success should not be congratulated.

This chap is a reformed character and doesn't intend to indulge in reckless actions again. He has never harmed any British Citizens and i am pretty confident he does not intend to do so in the foreseeable future.

I have said it before that there are no perfect person. The notion of a perfect person simply does not exist. We all make mistakes now and again.

Making mistakes doesn't make us a failure, it is our inability to learn from them that makes us one. I believe the experience that this individual endured will help him learn from his.

Several research has indicated that hates is a very dangerous emotion, which can eat one, to the point that they are left with nothing to offer anyone, which is certainly not a good situation for anyone to be in.

The best was to overcome it, or the best cure is found through knowledge and love.

This is a non topic and an utter waste of time.
Last edited by Obie on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am

Thanks for putting it so eloquently Obie.

Some complaints were made about the post and the contents of people s comments.

I agree with you about the OP original outcome. I am truly amazed at the outcome of his case, but he did win it in a law of court, therefore if it is correct, then good luck to him.

Lets just move on,its becoming boring now

MAKUSA
BANNED

Well said

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 am

Obie wrote:I think it is the duty of the moderators to delete a threads as and when they see fit, especially when the thread seeks to foment dissent, incite discord, and vilify members of the forum.

Can i remind you guys, that moderators do a fabulously noble job for which they are not being paid. There presence ensures the smooth running of the forum.

They should, under no circumstances be subjected to a right wing witch hunt. They are free to express their views, even if it doesn't conform to some of our narrow minded preconceived expectations.

I remember reading the thread carefully, and could not find any evidence that the OP was encouraged to carry out further criminal act or engage in criminal conduct, to the contrary. He was advised to be more sensible in future, which i don't see any problem with.

If the judge deem it right to overturn the HO refusal, and the HO did not appeal against it, then i see no reason why the guys success should not be congratulated.

This chap is a reformed character and doesn't intend to indulge in reckless actions again. He has never harmed any British Citizens and i am pretty confident he does not intend to do so in the foreseeable future.

I have said it before that there are no perfect person. The notion of a perfect person simply does not exist. We all make mistakes now and again.

Making mistakes doesn't make us a failure, it is our inability to learn from them that makes us one. I believe the experience that this individual endured will help him learn from his.

Several research has indicated that hates is a very dangerous emotion, which can eat one, to the point that they are left with nothing to offer anyone, which is certainly not a good situation for anyone to be in.

The best was to overcome it, or the best cure is found through knowledge and love.

This is a non topic and an utter waste of time.
Very well said, they are BNP members and i believe even if the OP stole a bag of sweets they would still be barking.

Spark
- thin ice -

Post by Spark » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:21 am

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in that last post ?
We make holes in the teeth
We make holes in the teeth.

meats
BANNED

Re: Well said

Post by meats » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:57 am

First-Class Moron wrote:
Very well said, they are BNP members and i believe even if the OP stole a bag of sweets they would still be barking.
I'm still awaiting my apology for being accused of being a dearly beloved.

And, reformed character my arse. I shalln't be commenting on the OP's situation anymore as my feelings are well known. I shall however be waiting for my apology from First-Class Moron.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 am

Seems to have disappeared again, what is happening? Are we not denied our opinions, our moderators have tacitly agreed the the OP was ok to break the law, shall I post the evidence? I have it. It's called a 'cache'...

Deleting threads wont shut us up.
No, but banning you from this board will! A warning not given lightly. Let's not have to go down that route!

I am going to leave this in place, but lock it. The idea of moderating a board is to try to keep things harmonious, and the topics in question were doing just the opposite, which is why, after repeatedly reposting his comments, the OP in those topics has now been banned from this board.

Have any of you considered that you might have been being wound up? Did that occur to you?
our moderators have tacitly agreed the the OP was ok to break the law
Absolutely not the case. But a noticeable number of members were being wound up by those comments, whether they are true or not. And actions of the OP in those topics suggest ... not true.

Topic closed. Discussion closed. Anyway is welcome to send me a PM on this if you wish.
John