ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal Strike by Royal Mail

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pred02

Post by pred02 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm

I have requested a Letter from my Uni in the UK (I am in the US) September 12, and then Sept 25 and I received neither of the letters yet. I then re-requested using priority post last week and am still awaiting to see if I will receive the document.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:16 pm

all the people who live in London are badly affected. Following is from royal mail. My credit card was charged on 12th but i haven't received my reference letter till now. :(

I know someone whose special delivery didn't get delivered for last 3 days. Although royal mail says it is not affected

"In London, we’re doing all we can to keep mail moving and deliveries and collections are taking place in all areas. Generally, we estimate delivery delays in most parts of London are around 2-4 days. In a few areas of London, a small number of items may be experiencing a delay of around 5-8 days. More strikes in London earlier this week, mean further service recovery work is underway in some areas."

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Does anyone know if we can go to local postal delivery office and ask for our post?

I mean to say just normal post not any missed deliveries of packages

rebecca3789
Newly Registered

Re: application to home Office

Post by rebecca3789 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 pm

Getting a reply within two weeks is very optimistic.

This is from the home office website:

'During the week commencing 19 October 2009, we expect to be considering applications that were received on or before 30 September 2009. Please note that this timescale is a guideline only, and some cases may take longer to consider.'

So if you applied on 8th October they probably haven't looked at it. My application was sent before 30th September so it will be sent back this week and will probably get stuck in the mail.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 am

Hello guys,

those who are expecting the outcome of their application can receive their post today as well. Although there is strike today, i did get the post.

So dont be dishearted :)

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:35 pm

BREAKING NEWS:

Postal workers to stage three days of strikes next week, BBC understands

:(

rebecca3789
Newly Registered

Still no visa...

Post by rebecca3789 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 pm

I got post today but nothing important. Still no reply from email to Home Office requesting info about visas & strikes... Frustrating...

vijigerm1
Newly Registered

Post by vijigerm1 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:44 am

Hi

I have sent my application by post. This morning i have recieved a call from HO to pick my documents. Can you tell me from where do i need to pick up? Is it sheffield office? or croydon?

Thanks
viji

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:58 am

vijigerm1 wrote:Hi

I have sent my application by post. This morning i have recieved a call from HO to pick my documents. Can you tell me from where do i need to pick up? Is it sheffield office? or croydon?

Thanks
viji
You should have asked them but it is very likely that it is from sheffield office as they deal with all postal applications. They must have given you some address where to pick it from

rebecca3789
Newly Registered

Visas + postal strike

Post by rebecca3789 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Better call to find out where from before setting off.

They say not to call them to find out where the application is up to but 2 years ago, with the 1st step of the visa, we called because we heard nothing for weeks. We received it the next day- obviously they just needed reminding. So a few weeks ago we called them because we hadn't heard anything again (with this next step of the visa). We received it the next day!! Lazy people in that office! It arrived at 6pm recorded delivery- we told them over the phone that we were worried about postal strikes so they sent it with signature. Luckily my neighbour was home & heard the postman knocking...