ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding documents required from the DOJ for EUFAM4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Advice regarding documents required from the DOJ for EUFAM4

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:58 am

Hi everyone, i am in the process of getting the EUFAM4, i just got back today my papers (passports, marriage certificate, etc), they sent a letter saying that i can go to the gnib to get a temp stamp 4, but the question is not that.

They require bank statements from my wife and me, a little doubt about that is if they need a joint bank account statements, or just separately?. i could get the bank statement of my bank in my country, but i dont have any bank account here.

Another question, they require that letter of the registration of tenancy from the private residential tenancies board, ...here is my big question...we live a in a sharing....with many people living in the same house, and the owner doesnt knows anything about that PRTB, what can i do in this case?? if the owner is not registered and maybe even is not interested in register...and all she agreed is to giving me a letter, that would count? ...also we dont pay the bills ..is the owner who pays the bills..so what other evidence of residence can be shown?

i will be greatly appreaciated to anyone helping me in this matter.

cheers[/b]

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:01 am

would you please tell me that do you have any account in any bank or no? or you don't have any proof of address?

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:53 am

rebel82 wrote:would you please tell me that do you have any account in any bank or no? or you don't have any proof of address?
The only proof of address i could have is the contract with the landlord that has only the name of my wife, and now i am thinking to get a receipt for the monthly payments to the landlord on my wife and my names on it., do you think that would help? ...

and no, i am new in Ireland, i have been here like 3 weeks and i dont have any bank account in Ireland, just in my country.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 pm

The department of justice would require a Bank Statement in either of both of your names as proof of address. You need to apply for PRTB as that would be required for your application. You do not need to supply it immediately, but would need to send them a proof, showing you have at least applied for it.

If the landlord lives in the same household as you, you do not need a PRTB, just proof of ownership, or his own PRTB and letter stating this, will suffice.

If you have a European issued drivers licence, you will be able to open an account with little hassle.

Try Postbank or Ulster, and see what they say.

I wish you success with your application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:42 pm

I hope Obie explained you everything very well..but don't you even have a PPS number if you have then opening a account is no problem and you can write a letter to DOJ explaining them why you don't have these documents and you will provide them as soon as you will get them..
I wish you best of luck.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Unfortunately, he will be unable to obtain a PPS without a proof of address. The rules for PPS, in terms of address proof is more stringent, than for opening some bank accounts with financial institutions in Ireland.

perhaps, signing up for a medical insurance or getting a phone line set up in his name might not be a bad idea, as it would enable him to obtain PPS and a bank account.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks guys, any more ideas how to proof my residence here? anyone else has been into a situation like this?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 am

first thing you need to do tomorrow you need to take your wife's passport and your passport and marriage certificate and any utility bill on your wife's name and ask her to write a small note confirming that you are living at the same address..or if you are married in Ireland then you don't need bill or anything and go to social walfare office and they will issue you PPS number..don't worry once you get pps number you will have alot of documents to prove your residence with your wife..ok

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 am

Obie wrote:The department of justice would require a Bank Statement in either of both of your names as proof of address.
Proof of address is not required for a Residence Card. You can be living in a different parking spot each night, and that is fine.

The Eu citizen does need a job or to be self-sufficient. But a fixed address is NOT required.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Well i managed to open a bank account here..and we created the account in joint with my wife.. so i think that will be of help :P i showed the letter that the DOJ sent me as a proof of address to them...now the only thing missing is how to solve the thing with the Private board of tenancies..since my landlord is not even in the country! and his mother that is in charge of the house...knows about that registration so much as i know about quantum physics :S

do you think guys that a letter from the landlord saying that is he is not registered and giving proof that we live here attaching some utiliy bill would be enough?

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:09 pm

it will help but you landlord still needs to apply for the registration man..but you can send landlord letter and utility bills and write a letter to DOJ explaining that why you don't have a PRTB letter and prove them that your landlord have applied and you will provide them as soon as you will get it ..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 pm

ghostriderinthesky,

First things first. What, if anything, does your EU national spouse "do" in Ireland?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:54 pm

A letter from the Private Residential Tendencies Board is not required for the issuance of a Residence Card.

It is merely an example of a document that may be used to affirm residence in Ireland.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

ghostriderinthesky
Newly Registered

Post by ghostriderinthesky » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:12 pm

benifa wrote:ghostriderinthesky,

First things first. What, if anything, does your EU national spouse "do" in Ireland?
She works here.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Proof of address is not required for a Residence Card. You can be living in a different parking spot each night, and that is fine.

The Eu citizen does need a job or to be self-sufficient. But a fixed address is NOT required.

I know this, but the Justice Department thinks otherwise. In the weeks leading up to the decision on our application, the Department wrote to my family, stating that, due to the fact my sister has been sent to the Netherlands on a three months placement, we are not qualified, despite the fact her pay is made here and the deductions are done here too. She also comes to visit us at least once a week.

We had to write a whole essay on Frontier Workers, and the essence of it, before our residency was issued. Also, we had to provide them evidence of her regular travel.

In due course, i am sure the European Court of justice will address this issue like they did for Metock.