ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

civil partnership outside the uk FROM JAMAICA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

juniorbrown
Newly Registered

civil partnership outside the uk FROM JAMAICA

Post by juniorbrown » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:28 pm

HELLO I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN AND MY BOYFRIEND LIVES IN JAMAICA.I WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR HIM TO COME TO UK SO THAT WE CAN GET MARRIED. JAMAICA DOES NOT ALLOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. AND ITS EXTREMLY HARD FOR HIM TO GET AN ENTRY CLEARANCE VISA ON HIS OWN. I AM WORKING AND NOT ON ANY BENEFITS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO. OR IS THERE A LAWYER THAT COULD ASSIST ME IN MAKING AN APPLICATION FOR HIM .

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: civil partnership outside the uk FROM JAMAICA

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:35 am

juniorbrown wrote:HELLO I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN AND MY BOYFRIEND LIVES IN JAMAICA.I WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR HIM TO COME TO UK SO THAT WE CAN GET MARRIED. JAMAICA DOES NOT ALLOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. AND ITS EXTREMLY HARD FOR HIM TO GET AN ENTRY CLEARANCE VISA ON HIS OWN. I AM WORKING AND NOT ON ANY BENEFITS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO. OR IS THERE A LAWYER THAT COULD ASSIST ME IN MAKING AN APPLICATION FOR HIM .
No need to shout!

Are you aware civil partnership is for same-sex couples only?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

juniorbrown
Newly Registered

Post by juniorbrown » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 am

Wanderer wrote:
juniorbrown wrote:HELLO I AM A BRITISH CITIZEN AND MY BOYFRIEND LIVES IN JAMAICA.I WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR HIM TO COME TO UK SO THAT WE CAN GET MARRIED. JAMAICA DOES NOT ALLOW CIVIL PARTNERSHIP. AND ITS EXTREMLY HARD FOR HIM TO GET AN ENTRY CLEARANCE VISA ON HIS OWN. I AM WORKING AND NOT ON ANY BENEFITS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME, AND TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO. OR IS THERE A LAWYER THAT COULD ASSIST ME IN MAKING AN APPLICATION FOR HIM .
No need to shout!

Are you aware civil partnership is for same-gender couples only?
yes i know that, anyone can help with a civil partner proposed visa application

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:42 am

juniorbrown wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
No need to shout!

Are you aware civil partnership is for same-gender couples only?
yes i know that, anyone can help with a civil partner proposed visa application
It should be no different to applying for a fiancee visa. So really the main things you need to be able to show is proof of your relationship and that you can support him financially and provide accomodation. If you can provide plans/bookings for your marriage then that may help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Apply on form VAF4a.
You must both be over 21 at the time of application.

juniorbrown
Newly Registered

Post by juniorbrown » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Casa wrote:Apply on form VAF4a.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. WILL I NEED TO SEND THE FORMS AND DOCUMENTS TO THE EMBASSY IN JAMAICA, OR DO I SEND IT HERE TO THE HOME OFFICE HERE IN UK

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 pm

juniorbrown wrote:
Casa wrote:Apply on form VAF4a.
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. WILL I NEED TO SEND THE FORMS AND DOCUMENTS TO THE EMBASSY IN JAMAICA, OR DO I SEND IT HERE TO THE HOME OFFICE HERE IN UK
Caps lock button broken?

Jamaica as they will be making the decision as your partner is abroad.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Your partner has to submit it in Jamaica. Have a look at form VAF4a to see what documentation is needed. Website: visa4uk.gov.uk