ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asking for opinion

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mad

Asking for opinion

Post by mad » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi! everyone,

I have been waiting for my application to process for exactly 36 months. I know quite a few people have been waiting longer than I. So I do not have a right to moan. But I know this for a fact that I am going to be made redundant by March 2010. After spending over 12 years in this country I may be left in a lurch.

Over the past 3 years I have contacted the DOJ approximately 5 or 6 times and contacted them last tuesday. They were very secretive about giving me information but I managed to elicit from the rather nice lady on the phone that my application was at an advanced stage of processing and they were awaiting one final report but that she wont be in position to tell me when they will receive it. I know for sure that my Garda and social work report i back.

So my question is this that what does advanced stage of processing mean? Does it mean that my file has laready gone to the minister or is about to depart? What one final report means?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could enlighten me regarding the same as it would greatly quell my anxieties.

Thank you all

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Mad. mine took about 39 months, and in the last 4-5 months of it they gave me the exact same answers that you are getting. I would be very optimistic that you WILL receive your approval within the next couple of months and certainly before March 2010. Don't stress over it too much, hopefully it'll be alright.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:24 pm

I am pretty sure that you should have a decision by March. Fingers crossed, youre almost there.

mad

Post by mad » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks a lot both of you. I highly appreciate your replies. I hope that you are right and that my approval comes through very soon.

Cheers and I wish you both very good luck with your applications.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 am

... I honestly do not see any reason to b so cagy about what report they are waiting for (If they were truely waiting on any report, that is). There is obviously nothing the applicants can do about it but it helps to put their minds at rest that something is be done about their application. Especially when you have waited 3 odd years. This condescending carry on with INIS is annoying to say the least
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Dan01
Newly Registered

Post by Dan01 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:23 am

If I may...

Is this is reference to LTR? If so, the timewait is absurd. I thought LTR came into effect after 5 consecutive years of employment in Ireland. It sounds like it's more like 8 years with the wait...

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 am

dan1, this is in relation to naturalisation and not LTR

aakhtar
Newly Registered

any suggestions

Post by aakhtar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:44 pm

hi every one

i applied for my naturalization in January 2006 haven't heard anything back from the DOJ since 2007 when they sent me letter to confirm they have received my application any suggestions how i should proceed will be really appreciated

Dan01
Newly Registered

Post by Dan01 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:19 am

agniukas wrote:dan1, this is in relation to naturalisation and not LTR
Okay. I was under the impression they were worried about having to leave the country for good if they didn't get it 'in time'. I thought if someone already on LTR was made redundant, they were still legally entitled to remain in Ireland? Maybe I'm confused...

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:52 am

dan, they are worried about their naturalisation applications. in most cases being unemployed and claiming social welfare can negatively affect their application. therefore, they are worried that their applications can be refused after waiting for 3 years...

Dan01
Newly Registered

Post by Dan01 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 am

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

JACKY123

Post by JACKY123 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi mad,

i also faced same situation. Since march 2009, they were saying final stage processing and final report due. This is after the Garda and reveue was cleared.

I received my approval sept month ending. So I believe you will receive approval in next 2-3 months max.

cheers