ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taliska

Re: waiting time

Post by taliska » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm

tonyz wrote:hi,

thanks for the message.
no i didn't have any issue with council or govt.

bgizzle wrote:
tonyz wrote:Hi Sidster007,

thanks for the message,
i applied myself on the basis WP+HSMP, i didn't changed many employers.i didn't cross the timelimit and don't drive either. but still waiting...

regards

sidster007 wrote:Hi Tonyz,

Sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time with the process. Not really sure what they mean when they say the application is still under progress. Did you apply through a lawyer or urself? also are there any complications in ur case? did you leave the UK for an extended period of time or did you switch between different employers/ types of visas or do you have any points on your license??

Hope you get positive results really soon mate ! hang in there !
Hi Tonyz. It might be possible that because of your country of origin extra checks need to be done. Have you ever had issues with the council, police or government agency?
hi TONYZ can you give the forum more details of you circumstances, e.g country of origin etc..

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:15 pm

racingfire

Useful Informaiton. Well done.
KESH

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Racing Fire thanks very much for posting the information. Very useful. Its reassuring to know that I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting a successful end to this process.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Guys I took the average of all these numbers posted by Racing Fire and the result is that on average it takes 36 days or 5 weeks for the HO to process the application from the point of submission. Be interesting to see if this differs for postal vs NCS applications.

As a suggestion can I request members of this forum to post their current nationality in addition to the other details they provide as this will help to determine if the processing time differs according to nationality.

Sidster007
racingfire wrote:Hi tonyz,

I know its very frustating process, every morning there is only one thing in mind and that is POSTMAN.

For you and rest of members here is the list of average process time for last 2 months.

• Total Days from application submission to approval

43 days
    20 days
    44 days
    86 days
    43 days
    28 days
    28 days
    40 days
    33 days
    44 days
    35 days
    35 days
    33 days
    46 days
    34 days
    43 days
    43 days
    47 days
    38 days
    33 days
    48 days
    44 days
    23 days
    47 days
    42 days
    38 Days
    30 days
    33 days
    32 days
    43 days
    24 days
    32 days
    30 days
    31 days
    40 days
    23 days
    36 days
    21 days
    27 days
    23 days
    35 days
    36 days
    30 days
    33 days
    33 days
    35 days
    35 days
    33 days
    32 days
    38 days

I have collected this data from last 2 months applications approved and timeline on this forum, hope so it will give a roughly idea to all members.

taliska

Post by taliska » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:16 pm

i think postal applications with family(children in particular) and posted seem to go through quicker, most people seem to be applying through NCS at present though

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:18 am

called home office no thing sent... well at least now no postman watching for another week .
bechir wrote:Here's an update on the progress of my application

NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of invitation letter: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:11 pm

bechir wrote:called home office no thing sent... well at least now no postman watching for another week .

Hi Bechir,

Did HO tell you current status of your application?, I have heard they do not tell anything due to data protection act. From last 2 weeks i realised that approval outcome is a little bit slow, In my case its now 45 days but i did not get any reply, hope so next week.

bechir

Post by bechir » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi Racingfire
no mention of status just said (your application still with us) based on your dates iam 13 days after you, you can call them and ask if any letter beeing sent i called after 6pm on friday.
hope you receive good news soon.
racingfire wrote:
bechir wrote:called home office no thing sent... well at least now no postman watching for another week .

Hi Bechir,

Did HO tell you current status of your application?, I have heard they do not tell anything due to data protection act. From last 2 weeks i realised that approval outcome is a little bit slow, In my case its now 45 days but i did not get any reply, hope so next week.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Bechir,

Hope so i will get some good news next week, i was thinking to call HO but someone told me that if u make enquiry about your application, it can effect on your application coz HO already sent letter the process time for application is 6 months.

bechir wrote:Hi Racingfire
no mention of status just said (your application still with us) based on your dates iam 13 days after you, you can call them and ask if any letter beeing sent i called after 6pm on friday.
racingfire wrote:

Hi Bechir,

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 pm

racingfire wrote:Bechir,

Hope so i will get some good news next week, i was thinking to call HO but someone told me that if u make enquiry about your application, it can effect on your application coz HO already sent letter the process time for application is 6 months.

bechir wrote:Hi Racingfire
racingfire wrote:

Hi Bechir,

Not agreed on. Call centres are there to answer public queries. And It does not delay your application at all.
KESH

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: UPDATE

Post by justice_will_reign » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:13 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Barking & Dagenham
Date of submission or posting: 7th August
CRITERIA - HSMP (1+3+3), ILR 1YR (backdated)JR = (5 yrs)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 10 August
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 14 August (dated 10th August)
Date of receipt of approval : 10th Sept. (dated 1st Sept)
Date of Ceremony: Oct. 5th
Date of appln. for passport : Oct. 7th
Method used : Check & Send
Document Received Date: 14/10/09
Interview Letter date: 15/10/09
Interview Date: 26/10/09 ***
Passport Received Date: pending

*** no available interview date anymore in London for the next 2 weeks so I decided to go for Chemlsford which is the closest of all other options.

newhsmp
Newly Registered

Query about ILR - Life in UK proof needed for HSMP JR?

Post by newhsmp » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 am

Hi,

A quick question :

Do applications who have qualified for ILR under the HSMP Judicial Review (JR) process need to pass the Life in UK test for naturalisation?

Many thanks in advance.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Query about ILR - Life in UK proof needed for HSMP JR?

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

newhsmp wrote:Hi,

A quick question :

Do applications who have qualified for ILR under the HSMP Judicial Review (JR) process need to pass the Life in UK test for naturalisation?

Many thanks in advance.
YES

bgizzle
Newly Registered

Post by bgizzle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi folks,

I attended my passport interview this morning and I'm happy to say my journey is almost complete. All things as they should be I should have that nice, shiny red passport with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland crest before the week runs out.

I want to use this opportunity to say a big thank you to people on this board for their words of encouragement especially during the long wait during the naturalisation phase and your words of advice. To those still waiting I wish you the best of luck. I will still be on the board and will endeavour to advise based on my experiences.

God save the Queen ;-)

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Bgizzle congratulations ! long wait but I assume its all worth it....

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 pm

This is the best thing about this forum when there is support. Congrats Bgizzle

mularda
Newly Registered

Post by mularda » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi there i am new on this forum but i have been surfing for a while the website.....and i can tell it has given me a lot of information.

I am planning to apply for british naturalization and i have opted to us NCS and my appointment in on 3rd Nov......

I will post in the coming weeks the timeline of my application process as it goes...

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Nice to have you here mularda. Good luck in advance with the Process

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:18 am

Update

I called HO yesterday and spoke to one of advisor , the lady who answered the phone was very polite and she told me that caseworker is still working on my case and they required another 3 weeks to finalize thier decision. :( :( :(

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:27 am

Racing Fire did they say why they needed more time?? what is holding up your application? did you ask?

Well on the bright side atleast you know that your application hasn't been declined for whatever reason. Hang in there mate...you'll get a positive decision.

Cheers

Sidster007

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:28 am

Racing Fire try calling them again between 8-9 pm today and see if they give a similar answer.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks Sidster,

I hope so it will be a positive outcome, I asked her that why they are taking so long and she said it depends on the case worker and she did not tell the reason for taking so long. I will wait for another 2 weeks and hope so in meanwhile i will get reply.

sidster007 wrote:Racing Fire did they say why they needed more time?? what is holding up your application? did you ask?

Well on the bright side atleast you know that your application hasn't been declined for whatever reason. Hang in there mate...you'll get a positive decision.

Cheers

Sidster007

bgizzle
Newly Registered

Post by bgizzle » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 pm

racingfire wrote:Thanks Sidster,

I hope so it will be a positive outcome, I asked her that why they are taking so long and she said it depends on the case worker and she did not tell the reason for taking so long. I will wait for another 2 weeks and hope so in meanwhile i will get reply.

sidster007 wrote:Racing Fire did they say why they needed more time?? what is holding up your application? did you ask?

Cheers

Sidster007
Racing Fire. I'm pretty definite that you will be okay. Hang in there mate. It might be possible that the case worker has had some time off in between or has a few applications there are looking into at the same time. Stay positive

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks bgizzle,

Hope so it will be positive outcome mate, but as all of we know its a quite frustrating process, i just realized from last week updates, that now approvals are coming with delay, last 2 weeks before everyday we used to see some approvals on this forum, but from last week its a liitle bit slow. In mine case its already 47 days now and HO still looking another 3 weeks on it.

bgizzle wrote:
racingfire wrote:Thanks Sidster,

Cheers

Sidster007
Racing Fire. I'm pretty definite that you will be okay. Hang in there mate. It might be possible that the case worker has had some time off in between or has a few applications there are looking into at the same time. Stay positive

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:09 pm

racingfire there does't seem to be many people on this board who applied in september who gave their timelines so it's difficult to gauge