ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DulheRaja

Re: appeal

Post by DulheRaja » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:55 pm

veryWorried wrote:Assalamu alaykum

my husbands visa was refused and we lodged an appeal in the and Alhamdulilah on 14th August 2009 it was allowed. but he has not received any call letter it has been over 6 weeks.i have sent email to islamabad embassy but not received reply. i am in uk and my husband is in pakistan, it has already been 8 months of seperation for us since the visa was rejected. i jus dont know wat to do. wen will he get the call letter? or how do i contact them, is their a phone number

:( :cry:
Call embassy and ask them when,they will tell you.

0092 51 201 2000

Ps You will need to use a lots of F -words before u got a decent answer;)
Damn to the BHC Islamabad!!!

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 am

Hello everyone I have been following this forum for quite a long time and it’s been very useful. I applied for my settlement visa from Karachi on the 27/01/2009 but it was refused from BHC Islamabad on the 17/02/2009 remarkably quick for some stupid reason.

Because of the ridiculous amount of fees and baseless refusal I decided to save the fees and decided to appeal. I did not use any solicitor and by the help of such forums wrote my Grounds of appeal myself and hoping for the decision to be overturned in the review but idiots did not bother to review and my case is listed for hearing on the 26/10/2009.

Now the most unique thing about my case is that I am already in London as I had a valid student leave remaining. I submitted my appeal to AIT on the 17/03/09 whilst still in Pakistan and then came here on the 22/03/2009.

Please all you people I need your HELP urgently because I am very stressed out and could not reach a decision. I want to find will it be any problem if I go to represent my appeal myself coz that was my initial thought and hence I have not appointed any lawyer. Now after discussing with some people they have scared me as it could create problems as I am not studying and just came to be with my wife as we were expecting our first child in June 2009. Now Allhamdulilah I am a father of a baby boy.

I have two options now either to send a lawyer and does not show that I am in the UK or just to go and fight my appeal myself.

Also there is another problem if I go by myself I need to do a statement from my wife so please if anyone who has been through the appeal process could send me their/spouse statement which could help me do mine.

Also to inform is that I am living in London for the past 8 years and have graduated from a leading Business school and went back to Pakistan after my studies with valid leave to remain.

Please post your suggestions as I have to submit my bundle by Friday this week and my current LTR expires on the 31/10/2009 so I am in a terrible situation.

umar jamil
Newly Registered

Post by umar jamil » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm

@hartgambler well brother i won a student visa appeal.i advice you to hire a lawyer."jis ka kaam usi ko saajhe".dont take risk of representation by yourself.i know lawyer will charge u a lot but money can be earn but oppurtunity can,t be".baqi aap jaise munasib shamjho.

freedomofspeech

student visa appeal allowed

Post by freedomofspeech » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Hi UmerJamil:-

I sent you private email but you did not reply me ? Perhaps you did not receive it. Anyway ,I want to ask something that, after an allowed appeal I submitted my passport in the first week of August. After submission I was quite happy but sadly, when I see UKBA Sponsor Rigestration ( TIER 4 ) I was shocked because my college was listed out.

Trust me I quickely phoned to my education Institution without asking my consultant. The college replied me that, it has been suspended temporarly and after 2 weeks it will get new license by UKBA. Therefore, you have to wait for 2 weeks.

Kindly let me know that, in such situation what should I do and what will embassy do?

Regards,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:38 am

Salaam to all

I have send a letter of complaint about the delay in issuing visas after winning an appeal, to a number of departmentss. Here is a copy of the letter

Quote:
Head of UK Visa Customer Services
Visa Services Directorate
International Group UKBA
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir

Re: Time delay for visa being granted after Appeal Hearing – Pakistan

I am one of a number of Moderators on a web based forum site called Immigrationboards.com. This is a well known web board where qualified Immigration advisors give free advice on immigration related matters. There also people who share their experience of this subject with others to help them along.

I specialize in Spouse applications from Pakistan, and I have noticed recently that we have been getting a lot of enquiries from applicants in Pakistan who were refused entry clearance, but on appeal at the AIT won their case.

However they constantly complain about the length of time it takes the visa to be stamped in their passport. From the number of enquiries we had had, I would say the average wait is nearly 5 months after the Adjudicator has made his decision.

What I and these people would like to know why is there such a long delay with Pakistani only applicants.

I have known people whose marriages have broken up over this and have caused considerable stress and worry to applicants their spouses and families because of the delay.

These people have contacted FedEx and the BHC in Islamabad/Abu Dhabi and London by post, email. Mp, telephone and personal call at these offices but most don’t even receive a reply. They get moved from pillar to post and go round in circles.

Whilst I appreciate that Pakistan is a busy post in respect of these matters, but to wait in excess of 10/11 months ( after having waited nearly 6 months just to get an appeal hearing ) to get your visa stamped in their passport is in mine and their opinion very unfair. It would be nice if a good and valid explanation can be given for these delays, but that doesn’t even happen.

I would therefore grateful if you can investigate this matter and let me know the reasons. I accept their might be genuine reasons for these delay, in which case that is fine, we can then inform people of this and assure them that everything is being done as fast as possible to resolve this these issues.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course

Here is a reply that I recieved

Quote:
Dear Mr Khan

I have read your email and apologise the response you received from the visa section was not the appropriate response.

We are an extremely busy section but I will do my very best to respond to your specific question some time next week once I have spoken with my manager.

Kind regards

Nazmeen Kauser
UKHUB Pakistan

I will keep people informed once I get to hear anything more
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a response that I have received from the Appeal Team based in
Abu Dhabi on 13/10/09

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for yor email.

Unfortunately we are unable to answer your enquires because we need further personal details such as full name, date of birth, passport number or application reference number.

Appeals Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

This is my response back to them

Thank you for your respond to my email.

The gist of the complaints we get on the website forum is that people
have done what you have requested, but are still awaiting for a reply,
some weeks later.

If you were supplied with the above information, will you be in a
position to say how long it will be when the applicant is issued with
the visa.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ayub Khan

The email address is
appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

So if some of you are waiting to hear, try contacting them at this email address and supply them with the information and see what they say. Please post back on here if any of you recieve a response

Thanks

mna8

Hi

Post by mna8 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:46 am

HI,

My friend send quite a few emails to them and what he received is the same response:
"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank your for emailing us. Please note that your request will be answered shortly by one of our colleague.

Appeals Team
Visa Section
Abu Dhabi"

He told me he waited for some time after getting this email and replied back to them and again got the same response back. He did provide all the information what you mentioned in post.

Thanks
mna

freedomofspeech

Student Visa appeal allowed

Post by freedomofspeech » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Well, thanks for sending letters on our behalf. Bro, they dont seems to me serious but I will send email to them lets see what will they say.

umar jamil
Newly Registered

Post by umar jamil » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:35 pm

@freedom of speech...yaar i am suffering from same situation.my college is also listed out n i ve resubmitted my passport on june 17,n still waiting.well this is a really complex situation n i really dont know what would happened.keep pray 2 ALLAH.

freedomofspeech

Post by freedomofspeech » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 pm

@umerjamil, Did you receive a letter from British Deputy High Commission to change the college or request for an extension letter? Bro, What about your TB Certificate? Is it still valid or expired?

Inshallah you will get your passport soon. Be optimistic brother. 8)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 am

Quote:
Quote:

Salaam to all

I have send a letter of complaint about the delay in issuing visas after winning an appeal, to a number of departmentss. Here is a copy of the letter

Quote:
Head of UK Visa Customer Services
Visa Services Directorate
International Group UKBA
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Dear Sir

Re: Time delay for visa being granted after Appeal Hearing – Pakistan

I am one of a number of Moderators on a web based forum site called Immigrationboards.com. This is a well known web board where qualified Immigration advisors give free advice on immigration related matters. There also people who share their experience of this subject with others to help them along.

I specialize in Spouse applications from Pakistan, and I have noticed recently that we have been getting a lot of enquiries from applicants in Pakistan who were refused entry clearance, but on appeal at the AIT won their case.

However they constantly complain about the length of time it takes the visa to be stamped in their passport. From the number of enquiries we had had, I would say the average wait is nearly 5 months after the Adjudicator has made his decision.

What I and these people would like to know why is there such a long delay with Pakistani only applicants.

I have known people whose marriages have broken up over this and have caused considerable stress and worry to applicants their spouses and families because of the delay.

These people have contacted FedEx and the BHC in Islamabad/Abu Dhabi and London by post, email. Mp, telephone and personal call at these offices but most don’t even receive a reply. They get moved from pillar to post and go round in circles.

Whilst I appreciate that Pakistan is a busy post in respect of these matters, but to wait in excess of 10/11 months ( after having waited nearly 6 months just to get an appeal hearing ) to get your visa stamped in their passport is in mine and their opinion very unfair. It would be nice if a good and valid explanation can be given for these delays, but that doesn’t even happen.

I would therefore grateful if you can investigate this matter and let me know the reasons. I accept their might be genuine reasons for these delay, in which case that is fine, we can then inform people of this and assure them that everything is being done as fast as possible to resolve this these issues.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course

Here is a reply that I recieved

Quote:
Dear Mr Khan

I have read your email and apologise the response you received from the visa section was not the appropriate response.

We are an extremely busy section but I will do my very best to respond to your specific question some time next week once I have spoken with my manager.

Kind regards

Nazmeen Kauser
UKHUB Pakistan

I will keep people informed once I get to hear anything more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a response that I have received from the Appeal Team based in
Abu Dhabi on 13/10/09

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for yor email.

Unfortunately we are unable to answer your enquires because we need further personal details such as full name, date of birth, passport number or application reference number.

Appeals Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Quote:
This is my response back to them

Thank you for your respond to my email.

The gist of the complaints we get on the website forum is that people
have done what you have requested, but are still awaiting for a reply,
some weeks later.

If you were supplied with the above information, will you be in a
position to say how long it will be when the applicant is issued with
the visa.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ayub Khan

The email address is
appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

So if some of you are waiting to hear, try contacting them at this email address and supply them with the information and see what they say. Please post back on here if any of you recieve a response

Thanks
Here is an response I got from the Manager at the BHC Islamabad

Dear Mr. Khan,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Before we go into the detail for the delay in processing passports after allowed appeal determination by Immigration Judge it would be better to give you an idea as to what happens after the appeal is heard and promulgated in the U.K.

Once the decision is promulgated, copy of the determination is sent to the appellant and respondent. Either party may apply to the appropriate court (the High Court or, where the Appeal was decided in Scotland, the Court of Session) for a review of the decision on the grounds of an error of law.

In cases where neither party decides to challenge the decision an official copy of the determination is sent to us for further action. We have to wait until we receive our official copy from Asylum and Immigration Tribunal. The outcome of the decision is updated on the system and linked with the file. In allowed appeal determination cases files are marked in date order to send out a letter inviting applicant to submit passport (any additional required document) for further processing. Once passport is received it is linked with the file and forwarded to the Entry Clearance Officer for final endorsement (the applications are processed in date order). The file is then passed on to the visa writers for any required checks and then for printing the visa. After this stage the passport (alongwith any documents that need to be returned) is forwarded to the returns section to send it to Gerry's office for delivery to the applicant.

Since there has been a transition taking place in British High Commission Visa Section where new applications are being routed to Abu Dhabi and U.K, there has been a shortage of available resources and Asylum and Immigration Tribunal has also been trying to clear their back logs by speeding up sending appeal determinations.

All this resulted in an unprecedented increase in workload with limited resources to deal with. However we are doing our best to clear our backlogs by obtaining help from our colleagues in Abu Dhabi and by using our available workforce to the optimum level. We are doing our best to process the applications as soon as possible and assure you of our continuing efforts to process the applications as quickly as we can. Our objective is to bring the processing period within the deadlines, which we hope to achieve soon.
I hope this answers your query and gives you an idea why there are some delays in processing the cases where appeals have been allowed.

Kind regards,

I think they accept that they had some teething problems and are doing their best to clear the backlog, so just be a bit more patient, and hopefully you will joined by your loved one soon.

Hope this has helped in some way

DulheRaja

Post by DulheRaja » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:55 am

hurray....it has been 6 months today n still waiting.
Damn to the BHC Islamabad!!!

mna8

Hi

Post by mna8 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 am

Hi DulheRaja,

What happen if your turn comes but TB certificate is expire? Its really ridiculous to keep someone passport for more then 6 months.

Thanks
mna

RASHI
Newly Registered

Post by RASHI » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Wife's settlement application

Application Date : 11 April 2008
Refusal Date : 6 July 2008
Appeal Filed : 22 July 2008
Document submission Date : 15 Feb 2009
Hearing Date : 6 March 2009
Decision Received : 19th March 2009 (Appeal allowed)
Call Letter Received : 20 April 2009
Passport submission : 12th May 2009 (Submitted new TB test as requested)
Call received: 16 Oct 2009 to collect passpot
Passport returned 16 Oct 2009 with A LETTER SAYING SUBMIT NEW TB TEST

freedomofspeech

Post by freedomofspeech » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Rashi:-

what the hell without visa passport returned agian? :(
....This is not fair....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Wife's settlement application

Call received: 16 Oct 2009 to collect passport
You can not be issued visa until you provide a valid TB certificate. I understand you cant get TB certificate /appointment without passport. That is why they have returned your passport.

Get your wife to do the TB again and then return passport to have visa stamped in it.

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:16 pm

RASHI wrote:Wife's settlement application

Call received: 16 Oct 2009 to collect passpot
Sorry to hear that. I hope your wife will get her visa soon when she submit her new TB test. Which visa center your wife applied from?

scholarshk

Post by scholarshk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 am

But RASHI has written that they submitted New TB test as requested, then why in the world did they ask for the TB test again !!

I know this is unfair and so is the waiting time we are all going through, but the question is, who cares for us ?
batleykhan wrote: You can not be issued visa until you provide a valid TB certificate. I understand you cant get TB certificate /appointment without passport. That is why they have returned your passport.

Get your wife to do the TB again and then return passport to have visa stamped in it.

scholarshk

What will be my fate

Post by scholarshk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 am

Hi,

I was just wondering that When so Ever BHC will return my passport and I'll reach UK (InshAllah), what will happen when I will re-apply after 3 years ! (as my case is of HSMP).

UKBA has wasted 2 years of my life and the countdown has'nt stopped yet. I applied as under 28 in HSMP, I qualified. But now I wonder if I'll qualify for the Tier 1 FLR or not as I won't get the points which I could have got for 30 years of age IF those -**- toooot (censored) -****- had'nt refused my visa and 1st appeal attempt.

May be someone in the forum can give me a legal advice.

Regards,

SHK

RASHI
Newly Registered

Post by RASHI » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:19 am

It was at ISB, 2nd new TB test was submitted with call letter in 12MAY 2009, which has expired whilst passport was with BHC ISB.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 am

May 12th to October 12 = 6 months.

Furthermore when she comes to UK, the above TB cert will be expired.

Therefore you will have to have another one done now and hand it in.....then pray the visa is issued ..... before this one expires :lol:

scholarshk

Post by scholarshk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 am

batleykhan wrote:May 12th to October 12 = 6 months.

Therefore you will have to have another one done now and hand it in.....then pray the visa is issued ..... before this one expires :lol:
12th May to 12th Oct. is 5 months.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:04 pm

batleykhan wrote:
May 12th to October 12 = 6 months.

Therefore you will have to have another one done now and hand it in.....then pray the visa is issued ..... before this one expires Laughing

12th May to 12th Oct. is 5 months.
You are right :D :) :lol: :P

Sorry half a sleep after last night shift.

In that case take it back and say it is valid..... however I would still take the precautionary step and get another one done,because I have no doubt that when she arrives in Uk, it will have expired and thus will have problem on arrival here in UK

scholarshk

Worry

Post by scholarshk » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Now I am also beginning to worry as my TB Cert will also get expired in 1st week of November and those bas***ds will get another chance to delay the Visa issuance process.

@Rashi :

Will you need to make another appointment from Gerrys to submit the passport ?

UKBA is getting freaky day by day.

Ya Allah!, help us. Ameen.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

hey guys i'v been reading up on d forum after following d 'spouse' topic n it seems loads of ppl r in d same boat as me. i dnt knw if dat makes me feel beta or worse...its such a crap place to be. my husb submitted his passport june 4th afta successful appeal hearing on may 12th with new tb test. its gna b 6 months end of nov n i'm gettin d same crapy replies from emails.

i knw sum1 who gave der passport in march bt still aint gt it bac...i'm reli worried bt am helpless. have gt in contact wid mp bt nothin is hapnin. i'm going mad! RASHI ur situation is piss take i dnt knw hw u'v been patient so long.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Safina

Please do not use text message in here,

Scholar

Please refrain from using depleted offensive languages in your post. I know your frustration and how you feel,but some people are offended by certain words

thanks to you both