ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! app refused - appeal or fresh app?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asos
Newly Registered

Help! app refused - appeal or fresh app?

Post by asos » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi hope you can help me!

I sent an application for further leave to remain but was refused as I sent in the wrong document by accident for visa (I now have it)

I don't think I can appeal under the statutory grounds...? can i?? If I can should I do this or should I do a fresh application. Only problem is that they took so long in coming back to me my visa has now expired. Does this mean I'm now illegal?!

Can I even make a fresh application when my visa has expired??

many thanks in advance for help

asos
Newly Registered

Re: Help! app refused - appeal or fresh app?

Post by asos » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

asos wrote:Hi hope you can help me!

I sent an application for further leave to remain but was refused as I sent in the wrong document by accident for visa (I now have it)

I don't think I can appeal under the statutory grounds...? can i?? If I can should I do this or should I do a fresh application. Only problem is that they took so long in coming back to me my visa has now expired. Does this mean I'm now illegal?!

Can I even make a fresh application when my visa has expired??

many thanks in advance for help

asos
Newly Registered

Post by asos » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:34 pm

help! plzzzz :(

asos
Newly Registered

Post by asos » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 am

asos wrote:help! plzzzz :(
Is there anyone there??!

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:36 am

Hey Asos,

I am sorry to hear that your application got rejected.

Here is something I found on the website:

Appealing inside the United Kingdom
Close
If you are applying from inside the United Kingdom, your right to an appeal and the process you need to follow will depend on the type of application you have made.

We only accept appeals from those applying inside the United Kingdom (also known as 'in-country'), who have a statutory right of appeal.

If we refuse your application to extend your stay in the United Kingdom, you may have the right to appeal. We will write to you giving details of why your application has been refused and what action is available to you, including any right to appeal.

If you have a right of appeal you will be provided with full details of your rights and an appeal form that you will need to fill in and return.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... plication/

*From that statement it seems like if you have the right of appeal you will know depending on whatyou get back from the home office.

http://www.articlesbase.com/immigration ... 03154.html#

Appeal rights when the applicant had leave when the application was made and it expired by the time the decision is made

If an application is refused in these circumstances, there is a statutory right of appeal to an immigration judge. You have Ten days to lodge an appeal.

*So it does look like you do have satutory right of appeal* Please act fast! Read the information provided on that site!