ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I'm a US citizen

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karenkeith
Newly Registered

I'm a US citizen

Post by karenkeith » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:42 am

Whilst in the process of sponsoring my children, I met and fell in love with a british citizen man, we plan to marry but wanted to ask based on a fiance visa, is it better to marry in england or the states, how long do we have to wait before he gets his green card? Does anyone know the process?

I have three sons whom I'm sponsoring (we're nearly there), does anyone know how much money I'm required to have in my bank account? I am in the UK waiting for my sons, therefore have not worked in the US and can not show my earnings/taxes etc, apart from my taxes I've paid on my house in US?

Any help would be useful please.

Thank you

Karen

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi,

If you are in england and have permission to stay for more than six months you can apply for a certificate of approval and get permission to marry there then apply for a cr-1 visa at the American embassy in London(if you've been in england for a minimum of 6 months).