ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attention HSMP applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

Attention HSMP applicants from Pakistan

Post by sohail akhter » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:13 am

Today a friend of mine had to go to UK by British Airways from Islamabad. He was not allowed to travel becasue he had no "Protector". He then approached to the British immigration officer at the airport and asked what it is. The officer told that having Protector is now requirement for HSMP visa holders!!!!!! You can get it from Chandni Chowk Rawalpindi.

Good luck to all HSMP applicants

rao166

Post by rao166 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 am

two of my friends went recently to UK on hsmp from lahore airport but they were not asked abt protector stamp. However to be on the safe side it shud be stamped on the passport.

In Lahore , the office is at 117-G Model Town.

And the necessary reqt for applying protector is the receipt of NICOP card which u can get from any nadra swift registration centre.

Procedure :

a) First go to nadra centre with ur passport and id card and 900 rs. after all data entry u ll get the Token no on the receipt. The imp thing to remember is that they issue card after 15 days so apply well b4 ur date of travelling.

b) Take ur original letter to the protector office and get it marked from the officer incharge. b4 10:30 am if u want to apply on the same day

c) If u want to apply on the same day u ll need to have

1) One Passport size photograph
2) original ID card
3) original Passport
4) Original HSMP letter
5) original NICOP card applying receipt.
6) Rs.3550 to be submitted in National bank C block model town branch.
for this u ll get the challan form and other forms from the photocopier at the protector office in rs 30.

you also need to get urseulf insured :)

Insurance also be done from the same office.
1) take form from the state life window. Fill it . You need to mention ur nominee , so bring along his/her ID card's copy.
2) submit 650 rs to the same window with completed form.
3) Insurance is abt 300,000 rs in just 650 rs for 2 years. 8)
4) at the end of the form u ll need to signed it in presence of a witness. so take ur bro or frnd with urself and also his/her id cards no. alternatively u can take back form with urself and submit it next day.

Now after having Nicop card receipt, state life insurance receipt and bank challan receipt (3550 deposited in NBL) , you are finally eligible to submit your passport for protector stamp. But wait you still need to attach a lot of photocopies which u ll get known by a guidance paper given to u when u ll get marked ur hsmp letter from officer incharge.

Be there at 9:00 AM and in one hour u ll be able to prepare all documents.

Your passport will be returned at 2:00 PM.

Good Luck :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:56 am

sohail akhter wrote:Today a friend of mine had to go to UK by British Airways from Islamabad. He was not allowed to travel because he had no "Protector".
You mean he had a valid UK EC in his passport but was not allowed to travel by BA?

Exactly what is this "Protector"? Is it part of some sort of Pakistani exit procedure rather than UK entry procedure?
John

Junior0300

Protector

Post by Junior0300 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:28 am

I got my HSMP from within the UK and now looking for a quick visit to Pakistan, do i need that "Protector Thing" at the time of my return.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:27 am

Thanks Rao for writing details. This immigration board is wonderful, everyone is getting help from it.

John; yes it is some sort of Pakistani exit procedure, it is being folowed from a long time for People going to Arab countries. But airport never ever demanded for protector for european countries.

Junior 0300, you'd better ask from Brtish High commissin Islamabad, whether you need it or not.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:49 pm

I'm also visiting for a quick tour and have got three years of extension now as well. I'm not sure if we'll have to have Protector stamp.

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:27 pm

(ohhh my God....the busiest life in london)
hello my friends
Protector is some sort of official stamp particularly for the government employees in Pakistan and normaly for those laymen who go middle east on work permit. It shows that the holder is going abroad with permission and will return in due course.
technically it is not relevent to HSMP. Because the philosophy of HSMP is to make UK our home country. I wonder if Sohail is misunderstood. Those guys may be on work permit visas.
Neither a person from UK needs protector nor anybody in private job sector or self employed to get protector, so dont be worried.

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:50 am

No I am not misunderstood. My friend has HSMP visa, not work permit. As I mentioned, airport officals asked him to have protector before going to UK. As i told earlier the friend consulted the Britiish high commission officer who was also on duty (for checking passengers) at the airport said the same that it is a requirement now!!

My friend got protector and flew a couple of days before.

quite eager

Post by quite eager » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:40 am

How is this protector thing related to government officials? Would some one explain?

regards,
Quite Eager

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:10 pm

Sorry for being late in reply. Am still confused if british high commission personal was on airport. There must be some sort of emergency alert at that time. Usually protector is not required for a layman as i wrote ealier my dear.
Anyhow if anybody still confused he/she may get advice from his travel agent to confirm about it. Everybody also has the right to contact immigration department to ask about the need of protector according to his/her status.
I have lot of example where prople with public sector jobs flew without protector. If anybody remenber we had non computerised passports before october 2004 and had details of profession. Anybody from Goverbment employment must had to show the protector to go abroad for any kind of job, inorder to satisfy Government that he/she will return in due course.
Leave that discussion here its just a wild goose chase. Those who are preparing the cases for HSMP and those who have acquired it, pay their attention to further proceedings.
Best of luck to all.......and remember you all who are in process to come in UK, have to face a very different life. Its not to disappoint anybody but encourage.

pakistan
Newly Registered

Post by pakistan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:43 am

Any recently returns from Pakistan? What is the update news about "Protector"

faisal30
Newly Registered

Post by faisal30 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:54 am

i came back to UK from Lahore in December nobody asked me about "Protector". First visit after 3 year's extension

pakistan
Newly Registered

Post by pakistan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:13 pm

Thanks Faisal,hopefully this will not be a problem for any one.
Any body faced this in December or January?

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:59 pm

I flew back from Islamabad airport on 15th Janurary 2006 after few weeks stay in Pakistan. No one asked my anything like that.

mmhtn
Newly Registered

No one asked me either

Post by mmhtn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:00 am

I also came back recently via British Airways. I wasn't asked anything

pakistan
Newly Registered

Post by pakistan » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks Zahid & mmhtn.