ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajdelhi1979

Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:07 am

Hi,

I got my Tier 1 Visa stamped on 19th August and I flying to UK on 3rd December. Before I go to UK I would like get VISA for my spouse and kid as they might travel a week after I do. I have few queries :-

1. First Question is can I apply visa for my dependents before I travel to UK ?

2. I have maintained 2800+ 1600+ 1600= 6000 GBP for last three months . Is that ok ?

3. What all other documents do I have to show ? I will be showing Marriage ceritificate, birth certificate for my kid, photocopy of my passport and bank statement signed and stamp and a cover letter. Is that sufficient ?

Regards,

Vineet

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Hi,

I got my Tier 1 Visa stamped on 19th August and I flying to UK on 3rd December. Before I go to UK I would like get VISA for my spouse and kid as they might travel a week after I do. I have few queries :-

1. First Question is can I apply visa for my dependents before I travel to UK ? Yes, but you will not apply for wife. She will apply by herself. Only for kid you can sign his application forms.

2. I have maintained 2800+ 1600+ 1600= 6000 GBP for last three months . Is that ok ? Yes, it is fine.

3. What all other documents do I have to show ? I will be showing Marriage ceritificate, birth certificate for my kid, photocopy of my passport and bank statement signed and stamp and a cover letter. Is that sufficient ? Yes, these are okay.

Please see these links:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13774537

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#20836011

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#13821081

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3909226

Regards,

Vineet

rajdelhi1979

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanx. Can someone help in filling up following questions for my dependents application form ?

7.13 If the main applicant is living in the UK what permission do they have to stay there?
Doubt: As stated above I am still not in UK but still do I need to fill anything for this question ?

7.14 What job or course of study is the main applicant doing in
the UK?
Doubt: If I am still not in UK , then should I leave this blank ?

7.16 Name and address of the company or place of study, including the postal code.
Doubts: Again not being in UK, should I leave this blank ?

7.17 Name and telephone number of main contact in the company or place of study, including area code:
Doubt: Again not being in UK, should I leave this blank ?

7.18 When did/will the main applicant’s job or course >>>>>>
of study begin?
Doubt: As this is still not decided, so what about this ?

7.19 When is the job or course of study expected to finish?
Doubt: What date should actually we should actually put over there ?

rajdelhi1979

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:06 pm

Also one question more : On my Tier1 visa I have dependents listed as 0 as when applying for my VISA I didn't gave my dependents details. Is this problem ?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:43 pm

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Thanx. Can someone help in filling up following questions for my dependents application form ?

7.13 If the main applicant is living in the UK what permission do they have to stay there?
Doubt: As stated above I am still not in UK but still do I need to fill anything for this question ? NO, you do not need to fill anything here.

7.14 What job or course of study is the main applicant doing in
the UK?
Doubt: If I am still not in UK , then should I leave this blank ? Yes, leave it blank.

7.16 Name and address of the company or place of study, including the postal code.
Doubts: Again not being in UK, should I leave this blank ? Yes, leave it blank.

7.17 Name and telephone number of main contact in the company or place of study, including area code:
Doubt: Again not being in UK, should I leave this blank ? Yes, leave it blank.

7.18 When did/will the main applicant’s job or course >>>>>>
of study begin?
Doubt: As this is still not decided, so what about this ? Leave it blank too.

7.19 When is the job or course of study expected to finish?
Doubt: What date should actually we should actually put over there? Yes, leave it blank.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:46 pm

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Also one question more : On my Tier1 visa I have dependents listed as 0 as when applying for my VISA I didn't gave my dependents details. Is this problem ?

No, that is no problem. In your passport your dependent will always be written as "0", even if they apply at the same time with you (unless your dependent is endrossed and do travelling on your passport).

rajdelhi1979

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanx . Some more queries :-

1. Do I need to give 12 month bank statement covering three month claim period or just the three month bank statement ?

2. Is there any sponser letter known format from main applicant ?

3. Should I submit two sets of bank statement one for my wife and one for my son ?

4. Also my wife will give below cover letter for herself and my son. Is this ok ?

xxxx
Email: xxx
Phone No: xxxx
Dated: xxxx

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) Dependant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, xxxx, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ for myself and my son xxxx as a dependant to my husband who should be considered the main applicant. His details are as below

Main Applicant Details
Name : xxx
Passport : xxxx
Tier1 Visa Validity : xxxxxxx
Currently staying in : India

Following is the list of documents provided along with my and my son’s application.

1. Identity

• Passport for myself and my son’s .

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Son’s Birth Certificate

3. Main Applicant Details

• Copy of Passport of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds

• As a main applicant my husband is maintaining required maintenance funds as below for three of us since last three months. 6000GBP [2800 (Main Applicant) + 1600 (Spouse) + 1600 (Kid)]

• Official bank statement of my husband (main applicant), account <account number> with ABN Amro Bank, India covering period xxxx to xxxx this includes the claim period xxx to xxx.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.
Yours sincerely,
<dependant’s name>

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 am

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Thanx . Some more queries :-

1. Do I need to give 12 month bank statement covering three month claim period or just the three month bank statement ?
No 3months is enough if you are asking for Maintenance funds..
2. Is there any sponser letter known format from main applicant ?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15879
3. Should I submit two sets of bank statement one for my wife and one for my son ?
NO, 1set is enough.. just mention that in the cover letter
4. Also my wife will give below cover letter for herself and my son. Is this ok ?
Please add ur respective passport no's and DOB along with the names.. and it would be much better to have seperate cover letters with respective list of documents to make it look simple (though this shd also be fine as long as you present it properly..)