ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born to Non-EU Parents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemon@lemon.za.net
Newly Registered

Baby born to Non-EU Parents

Post by lemon@lemon.za.net » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:16 am

Hi,

Been living in Ireland for 2 years now and am working on a Green Card. My wife has a spousal Green Card. Our baby was born a couple of months ago in Ireland so just wanted to check - do we need any GNIB card or stamp in baby's passport like we do as adults?

thanks
charl

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:45 pm

According to the GNIB, under 16's are "not subject to immigration control" (their words), would you believe.

However, once your child is at school you can probably get a Stamp 2 for them. Unless, by that time, you have naturalised as in Irish citizen - in which case your child should get Stamp 4.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Unfortunately the child cannot be Irish. If he or she was born 3 years after your lawful stay in Ireland, then the child would have qualified for citizenship.

You would have to wait until you have citizenship, which will hopeful be before the child becomes an adult, and apply for his or her one too.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors